• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rate my Y Team/Suggestions for X Team? (5 badges, currently heading for 6th)

GingerDixie

Hopes and Dreams
Hi there! I've made one of these RMT threads before and got some pretty good advice, so I decided to go ahead and do another to make sure I'm still doing it right!

Here's the deal. I have both versions; X and Y. I started with Y first, but since I'm almost done with it, I decided to go ahead and start up my X file so I'll have it ready when I'm done. My plan is to make an X team that includes a strong set of Pokemon without repeating from Y, but since I'm still sort of new, will need a bit of help. Also, I'd like to know if my Y team is any good, naturally.

So, here it is!

Y Team:

Attica, female Chestnaught, level 50.
> Quiet nature, very finicky
> No item
> Overgrow ability
> Moveset: Cut, Mud Shot, Body Slam, Spiky Shield

Kazooie, female Talonflame, level 49.
> Bashful nature, scatters things often
> No item
> Flame Body ability
> Moveset: Roost, Acrobatics, Me First, Flame Charge

Pix, male Vivillion, level 49.
> Naughty Nature, nods off a lot
> Holding Silver Powder
> Compound Eyes ability
> Moveset: Quiver Dance, Psybeam, Draining Kiss, Bug Buzz

Sarabi, female Pyroar, level 49.
> Quiet nature, nods off a lot
> No item
> Rivalry ability
> Moveset: Strength, Crunch, Flamethrower, Hyper Voice

Boomer, male Blastoise, level 49.
> Serious nature, strong-willed
> Holding Blastoisinite (he's my Mega, obviously)
> Torrent ability
> Moveset: Aqua Tail, Surf, Rock Smash, Skull Bash

Esme, female Aromatisse, level 49.
> Bashful nature, somewhat vain
> No item
> Healer ability
> Moveset: Moonblast, Aromatherapy, Psychic, Misty Terrain

Now...given that I chose Fennekin as my starter for X, any suggestions on a solid in-game team for that file without repeating from these Pokemon?

Habblox

#Donthateprocrastin8
First of all; You might want to change the layout of your details.

For Example:

Blastoise & (item)
Ability: Torrent
Nature: Serious
EVs: (Usually only used for competitive ratings)
Moves:
- Aqua Tail
- Surf
- Rock Smash
- Skull Bash

This is probably how you want to lay it out because everybody reads it in such a way, and it's become a habit to expect it in these types of forums.

Now, for your X team:

Delphox & ----
Ability: Blaze
Nature: ~whatever you have now~
Moves:
- Mystical Fire
- Psyshock
- Psychic
- Flamethrower

I don't really know how to build a Delphox, but seeing as it's dominant stat is its Sp. Attack, and this is only a story team, you should be fine with a very simple move set.

Snorlax & ----
Ability: Thick Fat/Immunity
Nature: ~whatever you get~
Moves:
- Body Slam
- Rest
- Snore/Sleep Talk
- Earthquake / something else

Again, this is a story team so you can cool down a little bit, or at least I hope you can. :p You can use the Rest/Sleep Talk or snore combo to get yourself out of a low-hp situation if you ever get in one somehow, seeing as this game is significantly easier than the previous titles.

Florges & ----
Ability: Flower Veil
Moves:
- Dazzling Gleam/Moonblast
- Petal Blizzard
- Wish
- Protect

Florges is just a pain to take down. It's a fairy type as well, so I think I've said enough.

Lucario & Lucarionite
Ability: Inner Focus/Steadfast --> Adaptability
Moves:
- Close Combat
- Low Kick / something else
- Bullet Punch
- ~filler~

Close Combat and Bullet Punch are great STAB moves, and Bullet Punch has priority as well. I put Low Kick in here for a simple Fighting Type move with a nice added effect for the rest of the team.

Last edited:

Tsumiki

Tsun Tsun~
Concerning your X team; you want to give us six pokemon, any six Pokemon. That'll give us an outline of your team which makes giving suggestions easier.

Chestnaught@Leftover / Assult Vest
Overgrow
Quiet Nature (+SpA -Spe)
~ Wood Hammer / Seed Bomb
~ Hammer Arm
~ Power Up Punch / Curse
~ Stone Edge / Rock Slide

Chesnaught wants STAB moves in Wood Hammer + Hammer Arm. I forget if it gets Seed Bomb but it's a decent alternative to Wood Hammer if it is. Rock Slide / Stone Edge compliments his offense well, covering a good chunk of Chestnaught's weaknesses while nabbing Fighting + Rock coverage which hit a lot of the game for at least neutral damage. As far as the fourth slot goes, I'd recommend either Curse or Power Up Punch. The former makes Chestnaught an amazing Physical Tank while the latter lets Chestnaught gradually gain enough power to run through anything. Leftovers is the item to use imo to take advantage of Chestnaught's natural bulk. An Assult Vest might be a fun alternative if you choose to run Power Up Punch. An Adamant nature would be ideal but natures don't really matter ingame

Talonflame @ Leftovers / N/A
Flame Body
Bashful Nature (+ N/A - N/A)
~ Flare Blitz
~ Brave Bird / Acrobatics
~ U-Turn / Steel Wing
~ Roost

Gale Wings is better Flare Blitz over Flame Charge for obvious STAB upgrade. Me First is a very gimmicky move that will see limited use. Steel Wing grants Talonflame some extra coverage while thwarting it's Rock weakness and U-Turn lets you deal damage while keeping Talonflame away from Pokemon that may potentially be a threat. Either option is viable. You could alternatively run Acrobatics over Brave Bird if you don't want to have two recoil STAB moves. Sharp Beak and Charcoal are decent item alternatives if you don't have extra lefties.

Vivillion @ Leftovers
Compoundeyes
Naughty Nature (+Atk -SpD)
~ Quiver Dance
~ Sleep Power
~ Bug Buzz
~ Energy Ball / Hurricane

Vivillion really needs the Quiver Dances to be able to deal enough damage during the later parts of the game. Sleep Power with Compoundeyes is almost guaranteed to hit letting you set up a couple of Quiver Dances without trouble. Bug Buzz is STAB. Energy Ball hits it's huge Rock weakness as well as other types in general. Hurricane is kind of really strong but is held back by it's low Acc., even after Compoundeyes. Modest (+SpA -Atk) would be really nice here. You could alternatively use the Bug Plate or it's equivalents since it'll be using Bug Buzz as it's sole attack more often than not.

Blastoise @ Blastoiseite
Torrent
Serious Nature (+N/A -N/A)
~ Water Pulse / Surf
~ Ice Beam
~ Dark Pulse
~ Aura Sphere / Flash Cannon

Water Pulse is actually better than Surf as Mega Launcher boosts Water Pulse to Surf's Base Power while maintaining the Confusion rate. Keep Surf if you think the convinience outweighs the battle utility. Ice Beam is standard fare seen on most Water Types while Dark Pulse is basically a STABed move that gets great coverage. Aura Sphere is prefered here as antihax and better coverage but Flash Cannon is a decent alternative if you don't want to breed for Aura Sphere.

I know literally nothing about Aromatisse and Pyroar so someone else can do those xP

Habblox

#Donthateprocrastin8
Concerning your X team; you want to give us six pokemon, any six Pokemon. That'll give us an outline of your team which makes giving suggestions easier.

Chestnaught@Leftover / Assult Vest
Overgrow
Quiet Nature (+SpA -Spe)
~ Wood Hammer / Seed Bomb
~ Hammer Arm
~ Power Up Punch / Curse
~ Stone Edge / Rock Slide

Chesnaught wants STAB moves in Wood Hammer + Hammer Arm. I forget if it gets Seed Bomb but it's a decent alternative to Wood Hammer if it is. Rock Slide / Stone Edge compliments his offense well, covering a good chunk of Chestnaught's weaknesses while nabbing Fighting + Rock coverage which hit a lot of the game for at least neutral damage. As far as the fourth slot goes, I'd recommend either Curse or Power Up Punch. The former makes Chestnaught an amazing Physical Tank while the latter lets Chestnaught gradually gain enough power to run through anything. Leftovers is the item to use imo to take advantage of Chestnaught's natural bulk. An Assult Vest might be a fun alternative if you choose to run Power Up Punch. An Adamant nature would be ideal but natures don't really matter in game

I don't think Assault Vest is an option, because this is a STORY team, and you only get the Assault Vest in the after game unless you trade it off a friend or someone else. So that would leave Chesnaught with Leftovers in this case - according to your suggestion - and it would leave Vivillon and Talonflame without an item.

Tsumiki said:
Talonflame @ Leftovers / N/A
Flame Body
Bashful Nature (+ N/A - N/A)
~ Flare Blitz
~ Brave Bird / Acrobatics
~ U-Turn / Steel Wing
~ Roost

Gale Wings is better Flare Blitz over Flame Charge for obvious STAB upgrade. Me First is a very gimmicky move that will see limited use. Steel Wing grants Talonflame some extra coverage while thwarting it's Rock weakness and U-Turn lets you deal damage while keeping Talonflame away from Pokemon that may potentially be a threat. Either option is viable. You could alternatively run Acrobatics over Brave Bird if you don't want to have two recoil STAB moves. Sharp Beak and Charcoal are decent item alternatives if you don't have extra lefties.

Vivillion @ Leftovers
Compoundeyes
Naughty Nature (+Atk -SpD)
~ Quiver Dance
~ Sleep Power
~ Bug Buzz
~ Energy Ball / Hurricane

Vivillion really needs the Quiver Dances to be able to deal enough damage during the later parts of the game. Sleep Power with Compoundeyes is almost guaranteed to hit letting you set up a couple of Quiver Dances without trouble. Bug Buzz is STAB. Energy Ball hits it's huge Rock weakness as well as other types in general. Hurricane is kind of really strong but is held back by it's low Acc., even after Compoundeyes. Modest (+SpA -Atk) would be really nice here. You could alternatively use the Bug Plate or it's equivalents since it'll be using Bug Buzz as it's sole attack more often than not.

Blastoise @ Blastoisite
Torrent
Serious Nature (+N/A -N/A)
~ Water Pulse / Surf
~ Ice Beam
~ Dark Pulse
~ Aura Sphere / Flash Cannon

Water Pulse is actually better than Surf as Mega Launcher boosts Water Pulse to Surf's Base Power while maintaining the Confusion rate. Keep Surf if you think the convinience outweighs the battle utility. Ice Beam is standard fare seen on most Water Types while Dark Pulse is basically a STABed move that gets great coverage. Aura Sphere is prefered here as antihax and better coverage but Flash Cannon is a decent alternative if you don't want to breed for Aura Sphere.

I know literally nothing about Aromatisse and Pyroar so someone else can do those xP