• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rate Pokémon Gens. I-V, from top to bottom! Which one is your personal favorite?

thetamale

No easy question, maybe I'd go:

1. Gen III
1. Gen VI

These two are fighting over top place

3. Gen II (if we include remakes)
4. Gen IV (not lower by much)
5. Gen V (I want to put it last because of Team Plasma)
6. Gen I (It looked bad compared Gold and Silver, never looked back)

Lebon14

Slaking's brother
Let's see...

Gen I: 7/10 For what it was, on the platform it was developped on. Kudos. I remember playing a lot of it back in the day.
Gen II: 8½/10 GenII was probably the Generation I played the most on. I used to have a full 250 pokemon pokedex captured. Celebi was the only one missing of course. Until recently, my Gold cartridge's battery died and the pokedex along with it. :(
Gen III 6/10 GenIII is the generation I have the lest memories on and I don't like it that much. The new pokemon of that era were meh and the moves too.
Gen IV 9/10 GenIV is when I really got back to pokemon in my college days! Lots of good memories. I really liked the new pokemons, the moves and the region too.
GenV 5/10 My least favorite generation. Gen V could have been what Gen VI is. "The 3DS has a low userbase". Bullcrap reason. Bringing pokemon sooner to 3DS would made the console launch to what it is now sooner. Anyway, the only thing I like to BW was the story. Beside that, the fact I was forced into using new pokemons... I didn't really like it that much. B2W2 was a cashcow and soul less release for the most part. I don't own these games.

Gen VI 9½/10 So far, the best gen. The new 3D environment instead of sprites, animations, the new region, the new type... it's all goodies. And I feel that the general reaction to the game is what the reaction was for the original.

XXXXX

Kanto (Gen. I) - A
Johto (Gen. II) - B+
Hoenn (Gen. III) - B
Sinnoh (Gen. IV) - B+
Unova (Gen. V.) - C

My overall rankings (Top-Bottom):
1st place: Kanto
2nd place: Sinnoh
3rd place: Johto
4th place: Hoenn
last place: Unova

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
Gonna' throw in Gen VI just because:

1. Gen V
2. Gen VI
3. Gen IV
4. Gen II
5. Gen III
6. Gen I

Milennin

*hugs Absol*
Gen III: My favourite, although it's been so long ago since I played them, it might very well be due to nostalgia. But to me it felt like a huge upgrade from gen II, with awesome music, graphics, the best new Pokémon roster ever and a bunch of stuff to do. And Pokémon contests were epic.

Gen V: Full animated sprites are FTW. Lots of good music, a nice roster of new Pokémon and tons of post-game content (in B/W2).

Gen II: Two regions in one game. Can't go wrong with that. Loved the animations in Crystal too.

Gen I: Outdated, but great for its time. Even though I started with gen I, I don't feel very nostalgic to it.

Gen IV: Slooow combat. Worst roster of new Pokémon, and the least amount of songs I liked in this gen.

Not sure where I'd rate gen VI, probably around 2nd or 3rd spot.

Kanto (Gen. I) - A-
Johto (Gen. II) - A+
Hoenn (Gen. III) - A-
Sinnoh (Gen. IV) - B+
Unova (Gen. V.) - B-

1. Johto
2. Hoenn
3. Kanto
4. Sinnoh
5. Unova

1. Gen V
2. Gen II