• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rate the above fictional character.

Status
Not open for further replies.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
8/10. From the video I can pretty much realize that she's adorable, hilarious and at the same time, badass too.

He's pretty determined for sure, but the more anime I've been watching, the more I realise I'm not really into shounen.

Shounen anime is the best genre of anime. ;) You can just try counting how many anime in MAL's Top 50 list are actually shounen. More precisely, 2 shounen anime are ranked in the Top 5, FullMetal Alchemist: Brotherhood and Hunter x Hunter.

goat5sdjaiz3y2lg7l7si6qoftd5vcgu_hq.jpg

GreedLing (Greed + Ling Yao) from FullMetal Alchemist: Brotherhood

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
8/10. She looks pretty cool.

A goddess who's almost useless all the time. She's stuck up, proud and cries all the time, yet she's ever so lovable. Aqua from Konosuba.
rYZiFam.jpg

And again, here's another video showcasing her.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
8/10. She was hillarious (the whole episode was). Her boobs kept jiggling every time she spoke lmao.

Last of the main trio of girls, the sturdy but crazy Masochistic crusader, Darkness.
UkWE4c6.png

And like the girls before her, here's a best of Darkness compilation.

Darthlord7

The Smug Pikachu
Well, all three main girls get a 8.5/10 from me. Like them all equally lol

ba9fc47451b1f1c5cb136b3e92e27433.jpg

The demon Vanir from the same show.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
8/10. He was hillarious and I'm glad he was still in the anime, in Wiz's shop.

The rival goddess to Aqua, and the unfortunate victim of Kazuma's panty stealing, Eris/Chris from Konosuba.
gkQbIOz.jpg

Darthlord7

The Smug Pikachu
7/10. Lol *spoiler alert*

latest

The shop keeper Wiz from the same show. Damn so many characters I want to put from Konosuba but they haven't been in the anime yet

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
8/10. She was great too lol.

Megumin's self - proclaimed rival, Yunyun from the same show.
Jm2KK4l.gif

Darthlord7

The Smug Pikachu
8/10. Poor girl just wants friends.

konosuba1200025.jpg

Now a true legend. Destroyer's creator from the same show once again.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
7.5/10. He's a true legend. The very idiot who forgot to install an off mode for the destroyer lol.

The girl from the guild, Luna from the same show.
NRaVxsN.png

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll

Darthlord7

The Smug Pikachu
6.5/10 not fan of Future-Trunks but I don't hate him either.

Well....but in MAL I always find "shounen" mentioned under the genre category in case of shounen anime, alongside the other genres the anime fall into, like action, adventure, etc.

Which is a mistake which has been brought up in the site before but they don't care to fix. "Shounen" means "young boy" in japanese and "shounen anime" means "japanese cartoon aimed for male teens".

latest

Anyway, Buu from Dragon Ball

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
5/10. Don't care about him all that much, he's mostly just a comic relief character Z onwards.
Which is a mistake which has been brought up in the site before but they don't care to fix. "Shounen" means "young boy" in japanese and "shounen anime" means "japanese cartoon aimed for male teens".
Well apart from anime made for pro-teenagers shounen still does have another side meaning, which is "anime/manga characterized by action filled-plots and involving a lot of fighting/combats", so I'm not exactly sure whether I can really call it a mistake:

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Shonen

Plus upon doing a google search the first definition that we directly get to see regarding shounen also mentions that 'action filled plot' thing.

latest

Piccolo Jr. from Dragon Ball/Z/Super.

Darthlord7

The Smug Pikachu
5/10. Don't care about him all that much, he's mostly just a comic relief character Z onwards.
Well apart from anime made for pro-teenagers shounen still does have another side meaning, which is "anime/manga characterized by action filled-plots and involving a lot of fighting/combats", so I'm not exactly sure whether I can really call it a mistake:

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Shonen

Plus upon doing a google search the first definition that we directly get to see regarding shounen also mentions that 'action filled plot' thing.

Which shows total ignorance since "shonen" is only referring to the target audience and has no connotation connected to genre in Japan. People are just using foreign words without knowing their actual meaning. Anime which are sports, mystery or thillers without having a battle-like format can also be considered shonen anime. It only looks like that because most shonen manga are mainly battle-focused because of the age they represent. Also, a MAL moderator has also admitted before that fixing the mistake has to do with the devs editing the database since there's no demography as a seperate section yet and wasn't sure if this will ever be fixed or not since it's not a top priority.

Back on topic, 10/10. My favourite DB character.

latest

Kuroko Tetsuya, the main characer from Kuroko no Basuke.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
6/10 Not familiar with him but he seems interesting.

Doremon- A character wildly popular in Asia

15606491429_aa5b5cf179_b.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.