1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We're currently having an issue where e-mails sent to gmail accounts are not going through and are bouncing back. We're currently working to resolve this matter and apologise for any inconvenience
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Rate the above song!

Discussion in 'Games' started by NebulaDreams, Mar 10, 2018.

1. Captain Jigglypuff

Captain Jigglypuff Leader of Jigglypuff

10/10 Great song!

2. Judge Mandolore Shepard

Judge Mandolore Shepard Spectre Agent

Not really sure what to make of it at all. I give a 4/10.

Now for the one I will do

[youtube]

3. Rational Rayquaza

Rational Rayquaza Well-Known Member

5/10 It starts off cheery and then becomes a cacophony. It eventually transforms into one of the most recognizable pieces of music, but despite that, I have never particularly enjoyed hearing Overture in commercials and the like.

4. 345ash-greninja

345ash-greninja Don't dare call me short!!!

8/10. Nice vocals, gives a typical anime song like feeling, plus the rhythm and the instruments are also really energetic in nature.

Primarily a romantic song in my national language, but part of the song is in English and like a typical Hollywood romantic song:

Last edited: Sep 4, 2018
  5. Rational Rayquaza

8/10 I like the steady percussion throughout the song. The relatively small number of instruments makes it clear how lovely their singing is. I'm not too sure what to think of the part of the song that is in English however.

6. NebulaDreams

NebulaDreams A Dense Irritating Miniature Beast of Burden

6/10. I dunno, the vocals are kind of all over the place in this track. The instrumentals were nice though.

7. Rational Rayquaza

5/10 I don't generally listen to that genre of music, so I can not judge it fairly. The singing is overpowered by the other instruments. The main riff (I think that's what it is called) isn't all that pleasant to listen to.'

8. 345ash-greninja

8/10. Not a fan of Dragonball but the vocal, rhythm and instrumentals of this song are really intense and impactful. :)

A romantic and yet melancholic song this in my national language, describing the pain of two lovers being separated:

Last edited: Sep 8, 2018
  9. Rational Rayquaza

8/10 His vocal work sounds solid throughout the song. The song sounds somewhat generic, but I still like it.

10. NebulaDreams

NebulaDreams A Dense Irritating Miniature Beast of Burden

6/10. It's not a bad song, and it's probably just my bias against k-pop speaking here, but I found the instrumentals+vocals kind of obnoxious.

11. 345ash-greninja

6/10. The melody of song is good, but the voice of the vocalist is a bit too shrill for my taste.

A purely romantic song this in my national language:

Last edited: Sep 8, 2018
  12. Rational Rayquaza

The video isn't available in my country...

13. Judge Mandolore Shepard

Judge Mandolore Shepard Spectre Agent

It is very good. I give a 7/10.

Now for the one I will do.

[youtube]

The Nyo Robotics member performing the song is Brownie.

Rational Rayquaza likes this.
  14. Rational Rayquaza

9/10 Very cute voice, catchy lyrics, and catchy instrumentals. Apparently the song is the op from an anime from 1985 called ハイスクール!奇面組 (High School! Kimengumi). How you found this specific rendition is pretty amazing considering it has under 1k views. I'll have to listen to more of nyoROBOtics later.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2018
  15. 345ash-greninja

8/10. Nice melody, subtle singing from the vocalist and the instrumentals also give a very pleasing effect.

Since the previous song I linked to wasn't rated, I'm repeating it again:

16. Mr Spaz

Mr Spaz Loading title. Please wait.

[​IMG]out of 10

Last edited: Sep 15, 2018
  17. Rational Rayquaza

7/10 It's alright. The instruments are what you would expect in a pop song. He has a good singing voice. I am unsure about how to feel about the lyrics.

Here is the song which is the op of Daily Lives of High School Boys.

Here's the TV size version, if you also want to see that.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2018
  18. AmericanPi

AmericanPi Write on

6.5/10. It sounds like a pretty average anime song to me, but that anime looks kinda interesting.

Second out of the three pieces in my signature:

19. Rational Rayquaza

8.5/10 The song is very suspenseful and at times, it invites contemplation. Overall, a very serious piece, with nice buildup.

Here is the opening of Air,『鳥の詩』("Tori no Uta"), which is sung by Lia.

20. Mr Spaz

Mr Spaz Loading title. Please wait.

Debated between 7 or 8 out of 10, but since I had to debate the 8, you get a 7.