• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rate the above Video Game/Anime soundtrack

Not sure what to think. I give a 6/10

Now for the one I will do

Metroid Zero Mission Escape Theme

[youtube]
[/youtube]

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
9/10
Gives the feeling of some sort of calming hopelessness/powerlessness, would be 10/10 if I watched evangelion, but I haven't done it yet

Teen Titans opening:

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
7/10. Lol I remember this. So irritating yet so addicting.

Jazzy NYC from Street Fighter 3

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
9/10. The theme of carrying your own weight.

Girls Talk from Isekai Quartet

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
7/10 Why does the music sound like an on and off switch? Not my kind of music to be honest. It's honestly hard to describe why I don't like it chat much. Can I call the chat portions music? I mean the music portions are good but it feels like it comes to a screeching halt to the chat portions.

This would be somewhat fantastic for a Pokemon Adventures anime adaptation, specifically the critically important battles where something huge is on the line but it doesn't sound like Pokemon music. I wonder what a Pokemon version of this would sound like where the hero makes a decisive decision that turns the odds in your favor and suddenly the intimidating "invincible" mastermind is starting to realize that devastating decision has pushed him into a losing corner.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
7.5/10. A very decisive and intimidating theme that must be meant for battles of heavy stakes. Definitely don't think it suits Pokémon, be it anime, adventures or games, even if they try to compose it to sound more Pokémon-ish.

An anime icon at this point, A Cruel Angel's Thesis, the OP from Evangelion.

shoz999

9/10 - Good song of the 90s or 80s? I remember seeing a parody of this for Yugioh Abridge lol. I like how it sounds like it's telling a story only later it speeds up.

Oh man! This would be great for Pokemon Adventures! Imagine you suddenly ran out of luck, surrounded by the enemy and it looks like your about to meet your demise until at the last minute, your saved when you least expect it and afterwards, there's no more danger. Your in the safe-zone and perhaps you even laugh at or say farewell to the enemy who are just puzzled at the unlikely circumstances that the person they would be hunting down is saved in the least-expected way.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
10/10
Sounds incredibly epic, and as for it sounding like it could be used in Pokespe, it could work on most climaxes (especially on the beginning of the Black vs N fight), and the beginning part of it could also work during the part where Emerald uses the revive vs Brandon. It sounds more like something from PMD though, at least IMO.

Hyperdrive (Yugioh 5ds dub opening)

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
8/10. It's good. Sounds like a combination of good times with sad times.

Spinning Bird from Street Fighter Ex 3

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
7.5/10
Sounds great, but it feels more like an encounter or dialogue theme rather than a fight theme
Galeem (Super Smash Bros. Ultimate):

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
7/10. It's definitely on its way to becoming a classic, but only due to the sheer popularity of the game itself imo. As a theme, it's decent, but nothing special.

Apple Seed from Attack on Titan

shoz999

8/10 I know that both AoT and XCX both have the same musician but I can't help but feel like I've already heard this song from XCX.

This is one of my favorite JoJo parts, if not possibly my favorite part as the story is about a group of friends out to hunt a serial killer who made the big mistake of killing one of their friends.

shoz999

7/10 Kind of weird. Some parts felt like a nostalgic classic and other parts felt like it didn't aged well. I bet this sounds a lot better if your playing the game.

I can see this working well in a Pokemon Adventures anime adaptation of it's sadder or inspirational moments. Imagine a sickly child on the verge of death and no one is sure if that kid could make it until some random half-hearted ordinary stranger steps in out of nowhere, a stranger whose face no one quite remembers. He assists the sickly child and his help was vital to the situation that the next miraculous day later, the child is against all odds healthy and alive. The kid grows up into the main character and remembers the strangers kind action but can't remember his face at all and never meets this guy again, left as a complete mystery on who this kind stranger is. I can see this not only working well in a Pokemon Adventures anime adaptation but the Pokemon games as well!

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
9/10
Seems like a song about tragic futility, I kinda like that theme, guess it fits with what I've heard about Re:Zero

OK K.O. Let's Be Heroes! Extended Opening