• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rate the above Video Game/Anime soundtrack

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
7/10. It's decent, but sounds like every other bittersweet theme out there.

Re:Zero OP 2. Turn on captions for lyrics.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
9/10
Feels like a theme right after or right before a sweet, sweet victory

E.G.G.M.A.N (Sonic Adventure 2)

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
8/10 This song feels too hip for a character like Eggman.

You know how a lot of people use mediums to describe other mediums because it reminds those people of those mediums? Like Geneaology of the Holy War is the Game of Thrones of Fire Emblem! Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze is the Dark Souls of Platformers! Pokemon Adventures is the JoJo Bizarre Adventure's of Pokemon! Stuff like that, as weird as this may sound to some of you the fight between All Might and All for One honestly reminds me of Pokemon Adventures Red vs. Giovanni as in I'm saying it kind of feels like the Red vs. Giovanni of My Hero Academia fights with some interesting noticeable differences, the most notable one that Red is the only one who knows about Giovanni's secret whereas All for One wants people to know about him and his fight against All Might.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
100/10
Absolutely amazing song that captures all might's victory over all for one (and heh, now that you mention it, it also fits well at the end of red vs giovanni in the RGB arc)
IDK if it fits here, but still
Portals (Avengers Endgame)

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
9/10 Love the instrumentals and the vibe coming from it!

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
6/10
Iconic theme, but I've kinda become numb to it, still a pretty good one though

Dialga's Fight to the Finish (Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers)

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
9/10. A truly legendary theme

The Battle for everyone's souls - Persona 3

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
9/10 Like the rock vibe to it!

shoz999

9/10 Don't play a lot of Castlevania games to be honest but I'm aware most of the popular ones are really old so it's pretty surprising to hear a really good and smooth rendition of this that doesn't sound like it's from the 16-bit era.

Interesting fact about this song. Never watched the anime but as other people explained, this is by the same composer who did My Hero Academia. I can see this song working really well in Pokemon Adventures Diamond & Pearl where friendship is one of the central themes. I can even see this work in the final battle against Cyrus, especially where Cyrus comes to a realization about the main characters near the end of this chapter that sounds kind of obvious to most people but is a surprise to the nihilistic Cyrus who almost always works alone.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
9/10. Pretty awesome. Sounds like the most epic volleyball moment.

theater D from Re:Zero

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
7/10
pretty catchy, though it doesn't stand out much compared to other openings from the 90s
Lifelight (SSBU)

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
8.5/10
Great theme to get one hyped during preparation towards a big fight (haven't played W3, so IDK if this description fits though)
Rise Above the Storm (Bakuten Shoot Beyblade dub)

shoz999

9/10 - This is pretty good. Don't understand what she's saying but from the sound of the music, she's talking about the adventure from her point of view?

This sounds like it could be an awesome opening for the very first Pokemon Adventures story arc adapted into an anime.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
9/10
Overall a great opening, I'd say it fits quite a bit of tournament arcs
Skyarrow Bridge (Pokemon BW) with Lyrics (SecondPlaceEagle)

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
5/10. I know it's a joke, but it wasn't very funny.

I'll Face Myself Reincarnation - Persona 4