• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rate the above Video Game/Anime soundtrack

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
8/10. Pretty good but there are better quality MHA themes.

Ignite from Sword Art Online

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
7.5/10
Pretty great, though IDK why but I feel it a bit forced at points

Battle Against a True Hero (Undertale)
This is the kind of battle where you root against yourself

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
8/10 I kind of feels like an SNES game, an 80s Sci-Fi B-movie and one of those old action spy film from the 60s.

I think I'll use this song as inspiration for White's signature, the character based on Hilda.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
7/10
Not a big fan of love songs, but it's still pretty good (it'd also fit Sapphire on the ORAS arc tbh)
Battle against a true hero (Undertale the musical)
Starts around 3:00

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
7/10. It's fine but not exactly my type.

Startear from Sword Art Online (posted this once before but repeating it again cuz this is my all-time favourite anime ending)

shoz999

7/10 Sounds like a fight against loneliness through the power of friendship! Definitely sounds like an ending song, especially how the rhythm starts.

How many of you read Tower of God? You know, there's not really a lot of music I can see quite fit that story, it's universe and themes. Stuff like Final Fantasy, Xenoblade, Dragon Quest. Can't see any of those music fit well with Tower of God but if I had to choose what music from what video game series fits best, the Persona series would definitely nail it. Come to think of it, I wonder if the makers of SMT and Persona would be intrigued by Tower of God's premise considering the similarities and yet amazing differences. It's certainly darker than Persona but perhaps nowhere as SMT. Oh well, if that Tower of God anime adaptation ever does go gold, I hope the music isn't your typical Shonen music.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
11/10. Absolute banger, a combination of Rivers in the Desert and Life Will Change.

Throw Away your Mask - Persona 5 Royal

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
8/10. Nice rhythm and instrumentals, that's for sure.

Brave Song from Angel Beats! (this is a damn tearjerker of an ending song)

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
7/10. It's alright (and seriously, there are way better tearjerker anime)

So most villains have dark, ominous themes, but not the Pillar Men. Who knew Arab trap music would fit villain so well lol.
Pillar Men theme - Jojo

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
8/10
IDK who those guys are, but from their designs I can see this fits them perfefctly.
Now for a classic:
Cha la head cha la (DBZ)

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
8.5/10. I've not even watched DBZ before, but I definitely have heard parts of this OP before.

Now for an all time classic, A Cruel Angel's Thesis (Neon Genesis Evangelion OP)

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
9/10
IDK what it's actually saying, but yeah, I've also heard it countless times even if I've never watched the series. Feels somewhat energetic but also like if a tragedy has either just happened or is about to happen.
Now to keep on with this classic streak:
Makafushigi Adventure (Dragon Ball)

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
6/10. Sorry but I prefer the English version way more.

Gurenge from Kimetsu no Yaiba

@shoz999

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
9/10. Really energetic & inspiring tone.

Mukanjyo from Vinland Saga

shoz999

9/10 A good summary of Thorfinn's thoughts and story.

Now if only we can see an HD rendition of it in a Genealogy remake.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
7.5/10. Pretty decent old school boss theme.

Sono Chi no sadame - Joooooooojoooo

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
5/10. Meh, sounds kind of forced at times and some of the rock effects are a bit tryhard.

To the Beginning from Fate/Zero

Last edited: