• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rate the Quote

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
8/10 It has a huge significance.

Lady Lingonberry: 'I'm drowning!'
Elfo: 'I'm Elfo!'
~Disenchantment

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload
8/10 because it's funny but I'm equally confused.

"The Arcana is the means by which all is revealed... One of life's greatest blessings is the freedom to pursue one's goals," the Final Boss of Persona 3 describing the Chariot Arcana.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
9/10
Great quote about free will, though IDK what the Arcana is

"How can I live life if I always feel like I'm about to die?" - Steven Universe (Steven Universe Future)

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload
10/10 because that is basically the question/theme of Persona 3...and it's from Steven Universe.

"The Arcana is the means by which all is revealed... There is both joy and wonder in coming to understand another," the Final Boss of Persona 3 describing the Lovers Arcana.

(Yes, the boss repeats the first half but I feel it's necessary for the second half of the quote which changes for each Arcana)

AgentKallus

It's not a game Kate.
7/10 there truth to that I suppose though I'm without context.

"Feel how they play with her, see how they toy; they want her to run, they need her to run, do you feel their need doctor? Their blood is screaming, kill, kill, kill. Hunter and prey, held in the ecstasy of crisis, is this not life at its purest?" -Davros - Doctor Who

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
9/10
Really introspective line about the food chain, or the nature of living beings in general

Garmadon: "Get up! FIGHT ME!"
Lloyd: "No, it's the fight that fuels you. I cannot fight you............but I can resist you"
(Ninjago: Masters of Spinjitzu)

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload
9/10 love the line and where it's from, but didn't hit me quite like the last one.

"I am the bone of my sword
Steel is my body and fire is my blood
I have created over a thousand blades
Unknown to Death, Nor known to Life
Have withstood pain to create many weapons
Yet, those hands will never hold anything
So as I pray, Unlimited Blade Works," various points in Fate/stay night and its various anime adaptations.

Been watching the series recently.

xEryChan

Demon Child
9/10. That is one of my favorite quotes from UBW.

“People die when they are killed!” - Shirou Emiya (you don’t say, Shiro)

Last edited:

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
10/10
LMAO, yeah, I've heard the memes about that one
"Shredder.........is finished"-Leonardo (TMNT 2012)

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload
7/10 because, once again, I wish it hit me as hard as it should within the context of the show, but it doesn't. But still is meaningful.

"[...] I knew it. So it's true that people never know themselves," Shirou Emiya describing Fujimura-nee, seemingly not realizing it applies to him also; Fate/stay night.

Kung Fu Ferret

The Usurper
7/10 took a point off because I don't know the context.

“Being brave doesn’t mean you go looking for trouble.” - Mufasa (The Lion King)

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload
10/10 Disney, Mufasa and wise words. Need I say more?

"Humans are at their most honest when they aren't given time to think, " Nerdstalgic (Youtuber) on his video on South Park.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
8/10
Yup, there's a thin line between brave and stupid
EDIT: Ninja'd
8/10
True, either that or nothing comes out of their mouth
"I bow to your power, my diamond"-Jasper to Steven (Steven Universe)

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload
7/10 I think I get the significance of the quote, but I don't know who the one speaking is so it doesn't mean as much as it could.

"Now those us familiar with Aphrodite through the Golden Apple, the Illiad, or just Greek mythology in general, know that she doesn't really handle people being prettier than her very well. But Aphrodite has just the plan to take Psyche down! She'll make her fall in love with a hideous monster! ... Aphrodite. You are a goddess. Why don't you just kill her?" Overly Sarcastic Productions' video on Eros and Psyche.

Very interesting. I give a 8/10

Now for the one I will choose

"To defeat an enemy, you must know them. Not simply their battle tactics, but their history, philosophy, art." - Grand Admiral Thrawn, Star Wars Rebels, Season 3, Episode 4, Heras's Heroes

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
9/10
True,the human element is one that many tend to forget or ignore
"Greninja is unable to battle, Charizard is the winner!" - Kalos League announcer (Pokemon XYZ)

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload
10/10 Because Charizard is my number one Pokémon, though Greninja's my favorite Kalos starter.

"Fate leads the willing, and drags the reluctant," Lucius Annaeus Seneca.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
8/10
Kinda sounds depressing and inspirational simultaneously

"All that stuff's easy for you to say. When you change, you change for the better! When I change, I CHANGE FOR THE WORSE!"-Spinel (Steven Universe: The Movie)
This didn't age well

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
9/10 It didn't age well but it's still impactful & kind of fits with the role reversal going on now

"I don't think mistakes or failures are bad things. They always help me with whatever comes next. If I want to be the best version of me, I'll have to find my way over the hurdles." Ai Mizuno~ Zombieland Saga

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload
10/10 Hard words to live by, but words worth living by.

"A happy mutt with not a care in the world. He is a good dog—but to be fair, all dogs are good dogs, and a pox upon he who dares to say otherwise," the game describing a Good Dog in Grandport; Octopath Traveler.