• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rate the Quote

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
10/10
A gud boi must be appreciated

Greg: "Steven, I couldn't do anything growing up! Everything I liked or wore or wanted was always wrong! Trust me, you're better off than I was."
Steven: "I can't believe I never realized that you're- you're just like Mom!"
Greg: "You grew up with actual freedom!"
Steven: "I grew up in a van! I never went to school! I never went to the doctor until two days ago!"
Greg: "Steven, you're a Gem! You're not like other kids!"
Steven: "I could've done all that stuff! My problem isn't that I'm a Gem, my problem is that I'M A UNIVERSE!"
(Steven Universe Future)

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload
10/10 I'm honestly just as appalled as Steven at Greg for not giving him a normal life. You wanted to free your son from the cage you knew...but you put him in a different cage, one where he only knew Gems for most of his life as far as I can remember. How is that any better than not being able to do anything?

Though not sure about the whole universe thing but I'm guessing that just makes it worse 'cause not only was he in a metaphorical cage...that cage is too small for him and now it'll either be him or the cage that'll crack.

... whoops. Way too long. Then I'll make my quote short.

"Thou standen against me? Then be hunted!" Ha'anit at yhe beginning of a battle, Octopath Travel

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
8/10
Really cool declaration of victory, I like how it's not exactly full of ego but still makes it feel like he (she?) is sure that they'll win the fight without much trouble
10/10 I'm honestly just as appalled as Steven at Greg for not giving him a normal life. You wanted to free your son from the cage you knew...but you put him in a different cage, one where he only knew Gems for most of his life as far as I can remember. How is that any better than not being able to do anything?

Though not sure about the whole universe thing but I'm guessing that just makes it worse 'cause not only was he in a metaphorical cage...that cage is too small for him and now it'll either be him or the cage that'll crack.

... whoops. Way too long. Then I'll make my quote short.

"Thou standen against me? Then be hunted!" Ha'anit at yhe beginning of a battle, Octopath Travel
while you weren't exactly wrong about the metaphorical cage, the Universe part was more literal, as Greg changed his last name to Universe after running away from his parents

"So if I were to...wrap this up tight with a bow whatever. I guess I would say my armor, it was never a distraction or a hobby, it was a coccoon. And now, I'm a changed man. You can take my house, all my tricks and toys, one thing you can't take away: I am Iron Man"- Tony Stark (Iron Man 3)

Last edited:

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload
8/10 Not my favorite quote from Tony, but still a good one.

Skull: (singing) I've been workin' on the railroad / all the live long day~
Mona: (singing) I've been workin' on the railroad / just to pass the time away~!
Mementos dialogue between Skull and Mona, Persona 5

It seems interesting. I give a 8/10

Now for the one I will choose

Hidden for those that have not played Castlevania Aria of Sorrow

Finally...I clearly understand...everything. I am...Dracula. - Soma Cruz, Castlevania Aria of Sorrow

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Idk who Sonia is, but that's a pretty surprising plot twist, though doesn't Dracula always find a way to come back?

"The only way out is hypothermia" - One-one (Infinity Train)

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload
10/10 because One-one.

Idk who Sonia is, but that's a pretty surprising plot twist, though doesn't Dracula always find a way to come back?

Not this time. He doesn't want to be Dracula anymore and he has no reason to...unless you get the bad endings.

Anyways...

"I hate water! Especially wet water!" Meowth, Pokémon OG season.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
10/10
the TRio is such a joy in the original series

"We won.........Pikachu, we won!" (Pokemon Sun & Moon Anime)

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload
9/10 Only because I'm assuming this is referring to the fact he became a Champion of Alola. Otherwise it's be a 6/10.

"Two in harmony surpasses one in perfection," Takeharu Kirijo saying the motto of the Kirijo group, Persona 3.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
9/10
A great way of saying how when united they can stand against anything.

Now a cheesy version of that message :
"Let's show that creep the real superpower of teamwork!" - Sonic the Hedgehog (Sonic Riders)
9/10 Only because I'm assuming this is referring to the fact he became a Champion of Alola. Otherwise it's be a 6/10.

"Two in harmony surpasses one in perfection," Takeharu Kirijo saying the motto of the Kirijo group, Persona 3.
Yeah, it was that (well, after the post-league exhibition match, but that's still part of the Alola League arc)

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
6/10 I think it’s pretty cliché for cartoons to say this. It’s said so many times in different forms that it’s really not that impactful.

Elf: DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT YOU HAVE DONE?!
Billy: Not really
~The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy

Last edited:

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
10/10
I love The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy, and yeah, that's just classic Billy

Steven: Wait a second, you used to have vengeful thoughts
Spinel: Oh yeah, but I don't get them anymore
Steven: How did you make them stop?
Spinel: I met a little someone named Steven Universe! And he told me "IIIIIIIIIII I can make a Chaaaaaange!"
Steven: ah, don't give me my own advice!

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
9/10
LMAO, it does sound like something they'd say to cerberus

Darth Vader: Anakin Skywalker was weak, I killed him
Ahsoka: Then I will avenge his death
Darth Vader: Revenge is not the Jedi way
Ahsoka: I'm no Jedi
(Star Wars Rebels)

It is pretty good I give a 8/10

Now for the one I will do

"Good food not only delicious! Good food made with heart! This very important when cooking for friends!" - Quina Quen, Final Fantasy IX

Kung Fu Ferret

The Usurper
10/10 agreed

"When trying to find the right sword, I always suggest checking your nearest lake. The customer service is unrivaled."
one of King Arthur's jokes in SMITE

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
9/10
Great introspective line about the value of nature or nurture

Gideon: You're insane!
Bill: Sure I am, what's your point?
(Gravity Falls)

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
7/10
(taking a point off because I'm not a fan of disney live action remakes)
Nobody's a nobody and everyone here's weird like you and me

"Now I can really say.........I'm back!" -Black (Pokemon Adventures/Special Black 2 and White 2)
@xEryChan @shoz999