1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Rate the Quote

Discussion in 'Games' started by AgentKallus, Jan 9, 2019.

1. AgentKallus

AgentKallus Whovian

7/10. This master fellow sounds like an unimaginative plodder.

'I refuse to be worried by a renegade like the Master. He's a, he's an unimaginative plodder. '- The Doctor - Doctor Who

2. mehmeh1

mehmeh1 You can make a change

7/10
    Rare insult

"After my involuntary year long "vacation", I really need to be in a familiar environment surrounded by the people I love...to hurt. It's a condition from my parole, except for the hurt part, that's all Mclean"-Chris Mclean (Total Drama All Stars)

3. Judge Mandolore Shepard

Judge Mandolore Shepard Spectre Agent

Interesting quote. I give a 6/10

Now for the one I will choose

"Brothers and Sisters, the road behind us has been long and fraught with difficulty. Each and every one of you has surpassed my expectations by rapidly facilitating our arrival in the Commonwealth. You have accomplished this amazing feat without a hint of purpose or direction, and most impressively, without question. Now that the ship is in position, it is the time to reveal our purpose and our mission. Beneath the Commonwealth, there is a cancer known as "The Institute", a malignant growth that needs to be cut before it infects the surface. They are experimenting with dangerous technologies that could prove to be the world’s undoing for the second time in recent history. The Institute Scientists have created a weapon that transcends the destructive nature of the atom bomb. They call their creation the "synth", a robotic abomination of technology that is free-thinking and masquerades as a human being. This notion that a machine can be granted free will is not only offensive, but horribly dangerous. And like the atom, if it isn’t harnessed properly, it has the potential of rendering us extinct as a species. I am not prepared to allow the Institute to continue this line of experimentation. Therefore, the Institute and their "synths" are considered enemies of the Brotherhood of Steel, and should be dealt with swiftly and mercilessly. This campaign will be costly and many lives will be lost. But in the end, we will be saving humankind from its worst enemy... itself. Ad Victoriam!" - Arthur Maxson, Fallout 4

4. octoboy

octoboy I Crush Everything

4/10, kind of sounds like propaganda...

"I do not want to hear another word out of you until we are off this island. Do you understand me?"
    "..."
    "I said, 'Do you understand me?'"
    "Well, how can I answer? You said I can't say another word!"
    - Hopper & Molt - A Bug's Life

AgentKallus likes this.
  5. mehmeh1

7/10
    Wording can backfire at times, maybe he should've been more specific

"Nothing's been the same since New York. You experience things, then it's ovr and you can't explain it? Gods, aliens, other dimensiions, I-I'm just a man in a can"-Tony Stark (Iron Man 3)

AgentKallus likes this.
  6. AgentKallus

AgentKallus Whovian

8/10 - Really encapsulates Tony's PTSD after the new york event, they could've just had him see aliens and that be that but they didn't, they used it to build something bigger and I'm glad they didn't take the easy path.

Do you know like we were saying about the Earth revolving? It's like when you were a kid. The first time they tell you the world's turning and you just can't quite believe it because everything looks like it's standing still. I can feel it. The turn of the Earth. The ground beneath our feet is spinning at a thousand miles an hour, and the entire planet is hurtling round the sun at sixty seven thousand miles an hour, and I can feel it. We're falling through space, you and me, clinging to the skin of this tiny little world, and if we let go... That's who I am. Now, forget me, Rose Tyler. Go home. - The Doctor - Doctor Who

mehmeh1 likes this.
  7. Judge Mandolore Shepard

It is it a great quote. I give a 8/10

Now the one I am going to choose is from a episode that premiered in 1994, so it could be seen as hilarious in hindsight

"Dragonzord, use your tail whip attack!" - Tommy Oliver, Mighty Morphin Power Rangers Season 1 Episode 59: Mighty Morphin Mutants

AgentKallus likes this.
  8. Captain Jigglypuff

Captain Jigglypuff Leader of Jigglypuff Army

5/10 It is a bit meh in my opinion. Not bad but not that great either.

“Talk is cheap! Buy me a toy!”
    ~Baby Sinclair- Dinosaurs

9. Kung Fu Ferret

Kung Fu Ferret The Great Dreamer

8/10 funny

"I appreciate Hades. He doesn't take me for pomegranted." Persephone (smite)

AgentKallus likes this.
  10. Captain Jigglypuff

7/10 I guess I shouldn’t expect anything else from a victim of Stockholm syndrome.

“I am not "Holier-than-thou", Mother. But I am Holier than you.”
    ~Miss Censordoll- Moral Orel

11. octoboy

octoboy I Crush Everything

2/10. Ouch, seems pretty stuck up to be too holy to use the informal second-person pronouns with your mother.

"When push comes to shove, you've got to do what you love even if it is not a good idea."
    - Hermes Conrad - Futurama

TheWanderingMist likes this.
  12. Captain Jigglypuff

7/10 it’s not bad

“That’s okay, Daddy. At least you tried to try.”
    ~Bloberta- Moral Orel

13. Judge Mandolore Shepard

Seems lame in my opinion. I give a 4/10

Now for the one I will do

"What is evil? Evil is when good gets completely screwed up! Evil is when brave people can't be brave anymore! Evil is an anagram of vile! There's got to be a moral standard somewhere! " - Dane, Fallout 1

14. keepitsimple

keepitsimple Admiral Centiskorch

evil isn't a thing tbh 5/10

"I'm not the HoH? I thought I won! Wasn't the goal of the game to epically fail? My girlfriend is still a banana."
    - Swimmy, Big Brother SPPF 1

15. mehmeh1

10/10
    May or may not be soon said by Potato
    "I got some children I need to make into corpses!"-Bill Cipher (Gravity Falls)

16. GarchompTheAssassin

GarchompTheAssassin Water starter fan

Hmm could be funny depending on how it was used I guess 6/10

Daenerys:
    Viserys says he could sweep the Seven Kingdoms with ten thousand Dothraki screamers.
    Jorah: *snort* Viserys couldn't sweep a stable with ten thousand brooms.

17. shoz999

shoz999 Sonic's the name! Speed's my game!

9/10 This is a pretty good summary of Daenerys's life.

"Oh? You want me to rate you? Well the Pokemon scores a perfect 100! The trainer on the other hand gets 0 points. Even though you use a legendary Pokemon with amazing power, Klinklang and I are doing much better. All I see is evidence of the trainer's own incompetence. You manage to get this far in two years? If it was me, I could've caught up with you in two seconds." - Colress from Pokemon Adventures BW2

18. Judge Mandolore Shepard

Seems like Colress, 5/10

Now for the one I will do

"Perhaps to the untrained eye." - Professor Pheonomenus, Power Rangers in Space

19. TheWanderingMist

TheWanderingMist Kanae, Keeper of the Gates Emblazoned

7/10.

I have no idea what the context is.

--------------------------------------------------
    Well, this quote validates what I'm about to put given where it's from, so thanks.

--------------------------------------------------

Isn't that lovely?
    Isn't that cool?
    And isn't that cruel?

-Spinel, Steven Universe

20. shoz999

shoz999 Sonic's the name! Speed's my game!

7/10 - Haven't seen the movie but I assume that's a reflection of Spinel's personality.

"Oh? You want me to rate you? Well the Pokemon scores a perfect 100! The trainer on the other hand gets 0 points. Even though you use a legendary Pokemon with amazing power, Klinklang and I are doing much better. All I see is evidence of the trainer's own incompetence. You manage to get this far in two years? If it was me, I could've caught up with you in two seconds." - Colress from Pokemon Adventures BW2

TheWanderingMist likes this.