• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rate the Quote

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
6/10 Kind of feels like I should see the story to find out more meaning behind the quote cause it just sounds like a person claiming a desperate person is someone from the country.

"Today, we use our power to fell a god, and seize our destiny!" - Shulk from Xenoblade Chronicles

It seems like an interesting quote. I give a 7/10

Now for the one I will choose

"To all those who will hear these words, my name is Zordon of Eltar. I come to you from across the Grid with a warning. A great threat is upon us. His name is Lord Drakkon, and his armies are growing. They have found a way to target Rangers, with their Black Dragon Cannons designed to disrupt your connection with the Morphin Grid. As Lord Drakkon looks to conquer us all, he is trying to steal Morphers, to add to his army of sentries. In this time of great uncertainty, we must stand together, and — if possible — come to each other's aid. Defend your worlds. Protect yourselves and your Morphers at all costs. And may the Power protect you all." - Zordon, Mighty Morphin Power Rangers Issue 27 (Boom Studios comic) (Shattered Grid arc)

shoz999

7/10 - Good quote of telling what kind of threat they are dealing with.

"Please. I don't want to be honored with your opinion." - Colress from Pokemon Adventures

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
5/10 It’s okay but nothing special

“Mr. Duckman, you’ve only been here for eight hours and already you’ve turned our whole world topsy-turvy!”
“We’ve spent the entire morning burning your sheets and your mattress and the bed and the carpet around the bed leading into the bathroom and the bathroom!”
~Fluffy And Uranus- Duckman

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
6/10
But why would they do that?

"The story of Dragon Ball has come to an end"-Narrator (Dragon Ball GT)

shoz999

8/10 Sounds like an epic line that would appeal a lot to long-time fans. Never seen GT though.

"Too bad you don't get to kill any more people? You're not a swordsman. You seem more like a bloodthirsty murderer." - Hatsu

"Stop pissing me off, you ignorant punk. Swords are a tool for murder. Training your swordsmanship skills means learning how to kill. You can try to force your sword to be as polite as you want... but in the end, you're just a 'killer.' If you're afraid of becoming a murderer. Choose a different path. Otherwise, you might just end up being disgusted with yourself." - White, the 10th Slayer and one of the cruelest villains from Tower of God. The author describes him as quite possibly, "the craziest character in the story so far" and he lives up to it.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
8/10
Devastating but surprisingly sensible remark from someone who apparently is crazy.

"If you were good enough, maybe Tony would still be alive"-Mysterio (Spiderman:Far From Home)

shoz999

9/10 Ooh! I remember that hurting right in the theatre's feels. Everyone gave an "Ooh!" when Mysterio mentioned that person.

"My name is the 25th Baam. For short you can just call me Baam. There is not much to say about me actually. I never had a family or a home. The only thing I did had was a dirty piece of cloth. I lived in the darkness for my entire life. So I always thought I might die alone there doing nothing... but now... I have friends. Thank you." - Baam, the main character of Tower of God, smiling at his new friends.

I think what makes this perhaps more happier or sadder or both is that Baam says all this with a smile and his friends doesn't know how to react to this.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
8/10
Doesn't seem like the most unique of backstories, but still a really heartwarming and hopeful quote

ok, here's a double whammy
and now, Hamato Yoshi..........................DIES!-Shredder (TMNT 2012)

.........Papa?!-Mikey (TMNT 2012)

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload
6/10 because the way the quote was structured threw me off so much it didn't hit me as it should've.

"The world is not as it should be. It is filled with distortion, and 'ruin' can no longer be avoided. Those who oppose fate and desire change... From time to time, they were referred to as Tricksters. You are the Trickster. Now is the time to rise against the abyss of distortion," - the "Narrator" from Persona 5, after accepting the contract at the very beginning of the game.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
8/10
pretty great statement of simultaneous hope and despair.
"The first rule of being a ninja is do no harm. Unless you intend to do harm, then do lots of harm"-Master Splinter (TMNT 2012)

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
9/10
Goddess of the hunt? More like goddess of the blunt!

"YOU WANNA TRY ME? I'll drop your credit score so low you won't even be able to get a loan at the library, PUNK!"-Gumball Watterson (The Amazing World of Gumball)

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
9/10
Goddess of the hunt? More like goddess of the blunt!

"YOU WANNA TRY ME? I'll drop your credit score so low you won't even be able to get a loan at the library, PUNK!"-Gumball Watterson (The Amazing World of Gumball)
You've already used this one, so -5 points.

2/10.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've had my adventure
I don't need something new
I'm afraid of what I'm risking
If I follow you
-
Elsa, Frozen II

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
You've already used this one, so -5 points.

2/10.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've had my adventure
I don't need something new
I'm afraid of what I'm risking
If I follow you
-
Elsa, Frozen II
come on fam, that was like 4 pages ago!

Anyways, 8/10
Really like it, I always find it interesting when a character just wants to hold the mantle and settle down/take a break.

"You really don't get it, do you? So happy to star in your AMAZING world. Can't you see that none of this is real?!"-Rob (The Amazing World of Gumball)

Kung Fu Ferret

The Usurper
9/10 because I frickin' LOVE anything that breaks the 4th wall!

"You all scramble around, filled with malice and envy. Do not call yourselves gods." Olorun, Ruler of the Heavens (SMITE)

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
7/10 It’s interesting.

“What are you doing Shelley?”
“Nothing Dad. Go back to trying to kill the family!”
~Randy And Shelley Marsh as Shelley is dousing a DVD rack with gasoline (South Park)

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
8/10
simply hilarious, even though I've barely seen South Park

Thanos: I am........inevitable
Tony: and I.....am..............Iron Man
(Avengers Endgame)

AgentKallus

It's not a game Kate.
8/10 A cool moment and a nice throwback but as for the quote, it's not very epic out of context and endgame had other better scenes, don't get me wrong this is a good end to Tony's journey but Tony is far from my favourite MCU character.

Madge: Lily and Cyril's father, my husband, is dead and they don't know yet, because if I tell them now, then Christmas will always be what took their father away from them, and no one should have to live like that. Of course, when the Christmas period is over, I shall. I don't know why I keep shouting at them.
The Doctor: Because every time you see them happy, you remember how sad they're going to be, and it breaks your heart....Because what's the point in them being happy now if they're going to be sad later...The answer is, of course, because they are going to be sad later. Now, we'd better get downstairs. I think they may have found the main sitting room. - Doctor Who

Aquaslash

4/10. That’s just sad. Also, I don’t follow Doctor Who.

“This place is supposed to be everything that’s good and kind in the world! Tell me where the kindness went, or I’ll pull your heart out of your chest!!!”

-Yin (Yin Yang Yo!)