• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rate the Quote

AgentKallus

It's not a game Kate.
There are a lot of these rate insert thing here games here in the game section, so I though another one wouldn't hurt. The rules are simple. rate the above quote out of ten or 100 and then say why you rated it so (or don't, but I'd rather you did) then insert a quote for the next person to rate. Make sure to say where the quote is from (person + series if fictional only person is need if they're not fictional). If the quote is very spoilery for something then put it in spoiler brackets. (but don't put where it's from in spoiler brackets, just who and the quote itself )

Since this is a pokemon forum I'll start us off with a pokemon quote.

“I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.” ―Mewtwo Pokemon, the Movie: Mewtwo Strikes Back!

(Fun fact I used this quote in a religious studies exam)
(@shoz999 here it is, sorry for the inconvenience )

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
9/10 - Great quote, something adults back than probably wouldn't expect from the Pokemon series back than.

"I just thought of something... a phrase I used to use while thinking of myself... A 'Pokemon Trainer'. It's a person who devotes their time and life to their Pokemon. They have trust in their Pokemon, as their Pokemon have trust in them. They take care of each other no matter what... That's you Red." - Blaine from Pokemon Adventures.

AgentKallus

It's not a game Kate.
8/10 A good summary of what it means to be a pokemon trainer.

'If I run away today, good people will die. If I stand and fight, some of them might live — maybe not many, maybe not for long. Hey, maybe there’s no point in any of this at all, but it's the best I can do. So I'm going to do it, and I will stand here doing it until it kills me. You're going to die, too, someday. When will that be? Have you thought about it? What would you die for? Who I am is where I stand. Where I stand is where I fall. Stand with me. These people are terrified. Maybe we can help a little. Why not, just at the end, just be kind?'-The Doctor - Doctor Who

8/10 That is a good quote

Now for the one I will do

"You all know the mission, and what is at stake. I have come to trust each of you with my life. But I have also heard murmurs of discontent. I share your concerns. We are trained for espionage. We would be legends, but the records are sealed. Glory in battle is not our way. Think of our heroes: the Silent Step, who defeated a nation with a single shot, or the Ever Alert, who kept armies at bay with hidden facts. These giants do not seem to give us solace here, but they are not all that we are. Before the network, there was the Fleet! Before diplomacy, there were SOLDIERS! Our influence stopped the Rachni, but before that, we held the line! Our influence stopped the Krogan, but before that, we held the line! Our influence will stop Saren! In the battle today, we will hold the line!" -Captain Kirrahe - Mass Effect

shoz999

10/10 IT IS TIME WE CANCEL THE APOCALYPSE! That is Independence Day/Pacific Rim good of a speech.

"Life is strange isn't it? I actually like you more... than the boy I've been thinking of all these years." - Sapphire from Pokemon Adventures.

200px-Sapphire_Adventures.png

Last edited:

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
7/10 interesting....

“Maybe you don’t need the whole world to love you. You know? Maybe you just need one person.”
~Kermit the Frog in The Muppets

shoz999

8/10 - Kermit the Frog sure knows the way to a woman's heart.

"Following the path of battling or the path of acting... is something you [Tepig] have to decide for yourself. For that... all of you [Pokemon]... If you find a human you want to stay with... It's okay..." N from Pokemon Adventures.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
9/10. N's always a favorite of mine.

"Ya'll are stupid"
Guzma from Pokémon SM

shoz999

10/10 - GENIUS! ABSOLUTELY GENIUS! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! GIVE WHOEVER CREATED THAT QUOTE A PROMOTION!

"We need everybody's help! To everyone who loves Pokemon! We must come together now... to turn back the darkness!" Bill the PC Admin of Johto & Kanto broadcasting to the world from Pokemon Adventures.

Captain Jigglypuff

6/10 Not bad but you have to admit it’s pretty cheesy.

I'll find Fry's coffin, get his corpse, and keep it under my mattress to remind me that he's really dead. That'll prove I'm not insane!
~Leela- Futurama

shoz999

Yeah. I thought it was pretty cheesy too but still fun. As for your quote...
8/10 - Poor poor insane Leela...

"I understand... I can't put it in fancy words... but I understand. I'm slow but Pearl is hasty. Even when we do the same thing, Pearl is fast and I'm slow. The same hour might feel too long for Pearl and too short for me. But... it was the same hour in that was the "time" that I felt. I was traveling with Pearl and Little Miss. Since we didn't know any place other than our homes or the nearby cities, no matter where we went, we always met new people and new Pokemon at new places, and wondered just how wide this world was. That was the "space" that I felt." - Diamond from Pokemon Adventures.

200px-Diamond_Party.png

Captain Jigglypuff

7/10 pretty insightful

No, Bolt! That's what they do, okay? They act like they love you! They act like they'll be there forever! And then one day they pack up all their stuff and move away, and take their love with them and leave their declawed cat behind to fend for herself! They leave her... wondering... what she did wrong.
~Mittens- Bolt

shoz999

7/10 - A harsh reflection of the world we live in wouldn't you say?

Does this not sound like a Kingdom Hearts quote lol?
"Ever since I've gotten here... I've been thinking... I grew up in warm Sunyshore City which is always bathed in sunlight. But as a child I was always tinkering with machines. Machines have fixed mechanisms and behaviors. I thought that was beautiful. The universe is made from time and space. To me, that was an unshakeable truth. Making a new universe by bringing the two Pokemon together was the ultimate beauty to me... but, that didn't happen. It just opened a hole to a chaotic world with neither directions nor time. The device at Veilstone was something we happened upon during the universe creation experiments. We called it the "Antimatter World Portal Device," and sealed it away. I didn't know back then, but at the time, I couldn't accept that it was not the "logic" that I was looking for... because I was weak. My heart was weak... My heart was incomplete... that's why my heart was held back by my "logic." And then you three showed me what a complete heart is like. Your incomplete hearts become complete... by supporting each other, knowledge, emotion, willpower. If I had friends like that, then I might have had a different future waiting for me... I made mistakes." - Cyrus, Leader of Team Galactic.

220px-Cyrus_Adventures.png

shoz999

10/10 - Really captures the character. Especially his background and relationship to his family.

"What makes you think only a champion? Or the Elite Four? Or the Gym Leaders can face you!? We all have a dream! We all love Pokemon! We all have what it takes! Biker Jeremy! Doctor Logan! Baker Chris! Geoff the Janitor! Trish of the Riches! Shoko and her Patrat show! And me! Andy the Hiker! We're all here to help the Gym Leaders!" - Andy the Hiker from Pokemon Adventures Black & White, facing Ghetsis of Team Plasma.

Last edited:

Kung Fu Ferret

The Usurper
10/10 never read the manga but cool!

"I had originally planned for a square table, but Sir Cumference really insisted on it being round."

King Arthur (SMITE)

shoz999

9/10 - Simple but effective

"The first time I battled with you in Accumula Town, Musha ate your dream and puffed it out through its mist. Inside the mist, I could see your gentle and peaceful dream. It's probably because I saw your dream that even though at first I felt I could never forgive you, somewhere in my heart I knew you were a good guy. A really good guy who always only wanted the best for Pokemon. That was one truth I was sure of." - Black talking to a defeated N from Pokemon Adventures.

250px-Black_Adventures.png

Last edited:

Nebbygetinthebag

10/10 I love this moments and Black is my favorite dex holder right behind Platinum and Green Oak

"Trainers must train and sharpen their own senses, and be as one with the Pokémon in a battle." Green Oak from Pokemon Adventures.