• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rate the Quote

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
7/10
Sounds like a cool scarf
"Welcome to capitalism, Neku" - Joshua (The World Ends With You)

octoboy

I Crush Everything
5/10. What I said about the last quote I rated applies here too, though I guess I can at least get a laugh by picturing this said to the giraffe from Seton Academy.

Beaver's son: Why are you taking off your shoes?
Kristofferson: So I don't break your nose. *kicks Beaver's son in the face*
- from Fantastic Mr. Fox

Aquaslash

6/10 What kind of shoes were they?

“How many times have I told you not to play with that dirty money?!”
-Bugs Bunny, “Baby Buggy Bunny”

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
8/10
and remember kids, don't do money laundering

"Y'all are stupid"-Guzma (Pokemon Sun and Moon)

octoboy

I Crush Everything
3/10. I've heard more original insults. Maybe this one was funnier to hear than to read, but just reading it out of context is.. meh.

“Why would you put a rose on your shoe? That’s just inviting bees and wasps and other carnivorous insects to colonize your foot.” - Micarah Tewers

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
4/10 It’s sort of meh.

Ms. Keane: Well Girls, it looks like Mr. Wednesday learned a very important lesson today.
Bubbles: That education is just the realization of our own ignorance?
Ms. Keane: Noooo! Never turn your back during a dodgeball game!
~The Powerpuff Girls (Schoolhouse Rocked)

Aquaslash

9/10. Dang, Ms. Keane!

“Lucky you! You get to be defeated by me!”
-Velvet, Them’s Fightin’ Herds

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
8/10 Oh! What do I win! Anyways, great way to start off someone's personality at the begining of a match.

She was strong and vulnerable all at once. She was my last master, and my greatest. She had a way of pouring everything of herself into what she did. When she fought, she was the blade. When she loved, she was the kiss. In that regard, she was far more human than any person I have ever known. -
TenSoon speaking of Vin to Wax, Mistborn.

You know. After thinking about it. All the movies I've seen, the video games I've played, and the books I've read. I think my favorite female character, I think possibly my favorite character out of any medium is Vin from Mistborn. Ask any reader who loves Fantasy and who has read Mistborn, Vin is a top tier character from beginning to end. Honestly, it's kind of weird looking back. I really hated her ending but not because it was bad but because it was a satisfactory ending to her character arc and it turns out, many others felt the same way. It was sad to see how it ended and yet it was a satisfying and somehow happy conclusion to her story.

I recommend you guys check out Mistborn. Trust me when I say this, it will become more popular as the years pass by for Brandon Sanderson is a rising star among fantasy readers. In fact, if you are active among the fantasy community then you know many believe Brandon Sanderson is the best fantasy writer of our time, even surpassing Patrick Rothfuss and George R.R. Martin. So trust me when I say this, if you don't check it out, you will miss out on quite a lot. Please check out the first book. Give it a try. I can't guarantee you won't be disappointed, some say Stormlight Archive is where Sanderson's writing shine but if you love the first few chapters of Mistborn, I promise you will finish such a huge book in a couple of days such as I have. Very few books can do that.

Aquaslash

10/10. Wow, Vin must have been an amazing human being. Now I’m interested.

“I broke you without breaking a sweat!”

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
8/10
ayy, nice pun there
"When every life meets another life, something will be born"-Cynthia (Pokemon DP anime)

octoboy

I Crush Everything
5/10, a tad confusing, honestly.
“I broke you without breaking a sweat!”
Nice one. That reminds me:
"I have not broken a sweat, I have shattered a sweat into a million pieces." - Lor McQuarrie

shoz999

9/10 Brilliant quote... now if only I knew what it meant for this could be broken down to so many things.

Being an annoyance is something that I am very good at. In fact, I’m far more than just a ‘mild’ annoyance. People tell me I can be downright frustrating. Might as well use this talent for the cause of good, eh?
- Kelsier from Mistborn

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
9/10
LMAO, and well, at least that power is being used wisely now

Steven: Listen to me Spinel. I understand, after everything you've been through you must be in a lot of pain
Spinel: No, no, you don't understand, you can't change the way I feel
Steven: That's right, only you can
(Steven Universe the Movie)
You know. After thinking about it. All the movies I've seen, the video games I've played, and the books I've read. I think my favorite female character, I think possibly my favorite character out of any medium is Vin from Mistborn. Ask any reader who loves Fantasy and who has read Mistborn, Vin is a top tier character from beginning to end. Honestly, it's kind of weird looking back. I really hated her ending but not because it was bad but because it was a satisfactory ending to her character arc and it turns out, many others felt the same way. It was sad to see how it ended and yet it was a satisfying and somehow happy conclusion to her story.

I recommend you guys check out Mistborn. Trust me when I say this, it will become more popular as the years pass by for Brandon Sanderson is a rising star among fantasy readers. In fact, if you are active among the fantasy community then you know many believe Brandon Sanderson is the best fantasy writer of our time, even surpassing Patrick Rothfuss and George R.R. Martin. So trust me when I say this, if you don't check it out, you will miss out on quite a lot. Please check out the first book. Give it a try. I can't guarantee you won't be disappointed, some say Stormlight Archive is where Sanderson's writing shine but if you love the first few chapters of Mistborn, I promise you will finish such a huge book in a couple of days such as I have. Very few books can do that.
wow you really are "the god of hype" aren't ya

shoz999

8/10 Great quote! Here's Mistborn's take on it.

He found insanity no excuse, however, for irrational behavior. Some men were blind, others had poor tempers. Still others heard voices. It was all the same, in the end. A man was defined not by his flaws, but by how he overcame them. - Zane trying to overcome his mental problems from Mistborn.

9/10
LMAO, and well, at least that power is being used wisely now

Steven: Listen to me Spinel. I understand, after everything you've been through you must be in a lot of pain
Spinel: No, no, you don't understand, you can't change the way I feel
Steven: That's right, only you can
(Steven Universe the Movie)

wow you really are "the god of hype" aren't ya
Guess I am because the hype is real boi! Doesn't take a genius to see why it's so well-known among the Fantasy community. As so many people have put it, "THIS IS SO ****ING AWESOME! WHY AM I CRYING!? I'M NOT CRYING! YOU ARE CRYING!", it has to do with the ending if your wondering what's with the last part.

octoboy

I Crush Everything
7/10: I've always believed in being understanding for someone's mental state, but if this quote is directed at oneself, which it seems to be, I guess that's some pretty admirable determination.

“Doesn’t Mother Nature know that vaping is irresponsible?” - Micarah Tewers, having stepped out on a foggy day

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
6/10
Who knows? Maybe she does know, maybe she doesn't, maybe she believes something else

Spandam: "You're all going to die! You morons can't challenge the entire world and expect to win!"
Luffy: "Yeah?! BRING IT OOOOOOOON!
(One Piece)

Aquaslash

7/10 Aren’t we all fighting against a cruel world?

“So sparky, how will you fare against the Ice Queen?”

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload
8/10 Velvet + appropriate reference = cool (pun originally not intended).

"Not an evil plan... I don't really know what to do when it isn't an evil plan," The Doctor in "Twice Upon a Time" upon discoverin the "villain" of the episode wasn't villainous at all.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
8/10
I love it when characters get confused like that due to unexpected situations

"No copyright law in the universe is going to stop me!"-Sonic the Hedgehog (Sonic Colors)

octoboy

I Crush Everything
6/10. Could've used better delivery, but I can't rate sticking it to those copyright hogs too low.

"If that counts as dancing, then it counts as singing when I burp." - Lor McQuarrie