• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rate the Quote

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
4/10
well that person must be crazy, because wtf

Now for another love quote
Ai: Hey, can I ask you one final thing? You lazily gave me the name Ai, but I really like it. If this name has a definition, what do you think it is?
Yusaku: "Ai" means "to love people"
Ai: I think so too. Now I understand that definition. Bye Play- Yusaku. I loved you
(Yugioh Vrains)

Aquaslash

6/10. What’s love got to do with it?

Oleander: I have trained years for this, you will not dissuade me!
Fred: Go get ‘em, Ollie!
-Them’s Fightin’ Herds

octoboy

I Crush Everything
2/10. Tad cliché if you ask me.

“Dewey, go easy on the orange juice, that stuff doesn’t grow on- wait, it does! So why’s it so damn expensive?!?” - Hal

Sparkfyre

Muse is a tricky thing 0.0
I'll give it a 6/10 because although it amuses me, I have no idea where it comes from.

"Only two things are infinite- the universe and human stupidity- and I'm not sure about the former."
-Albert Einstein

(my favorite quote)

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
6/10 I disagree. There is also death which can never be truly stopped and time which is constant when you think about it and even if freezing time was possible, time would still be moving for those that froze it in the first place.

Biff: Hey.
Chip: Baby wanna make a baby?
Bob: Boys, leave the mannequin alone.
~The Oblongs

octoboy

I Crush Everything
3/10. A little straight-up of a way to hit on someone, mannequin or no, and not at all quotable.

“I think I may have worn this when I pretended to give birth to a duck…” - Micarah Tewers

pacman000

On a quest to be the best...
5/10 - Too weird without context, so I give a middle-of-the-road rating

"Goto Considered Harmful"

Aquaslash

2/10 What’s Goto?

Oleander: “Stop showing off and get down to business!”
Velvet: “Fine! We fight! Just don’t touch me!”
Fred: “I DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS!!!”
-Them’s Fightin’ Herds

octoboy

I Crush Everything
5/10 Velvet loses points for being cheap and trying to outlaw melee, while Fred gains a few for disagreeing with that cheapness, but not much, seeing as he still doesn't even point out how cheap it is.

“Gus' Death March to the song of Sweet Dreams is something fierce” - SynsVEVO

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
8/10
Gotta love some irony

"I've already pinched my cheeks so hard they started to bleed. If this were a dream I'd have woken up by now!....It's not a dream, is it? Ace....died, didn't he?"-Luffy (One Piece)

octoboy

I Crush Everything
2/10. I'm pretty sure I've heard cleverer insults form 4-year-olds.

*Steps into a dollar store dressed as a flapper* “A dollah? A dollah? A dollah? Why is everything so expensive here? Last time I checked, it was the twenties.” - Micarah Tewers, on the first day of 2020

Last edited:

Aquaslash

You forgot to rate the quote, @octoboy .

8/10. I totally got the joke. This is not the 1920s, Ms. Tewers!

And since it’s getting close to Halloween, enjoy this following quote:

“Who’s ready for a bloody bloody bloodbath?”
-Star Butterfly, Star vs. the Forces of Evil

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
8/10
...well she sounds really eager to stir some chaos

"You keep calling me his rival. You are wrong! I'm not Ash's rival. And I have no intention of helping Ash reach his dream. Dreams are something you reach with your own power, yeah? My dream....my future lies in my hands! Ash feels the same way. Use your Z-move. I'm no rival, but I'm Ash's research fellow partner.....his friend! And as his friend, I want to show him a battle I can be proud of!"-Goh (Pokemon Journeys)

pacman000

On a quest to be the best...
6/10 - Not a bad speech, but Goh & Ash's future aren't entirely in their own hands; they depend on their Pokémon & other friends.

"Who's on first?"
"Yes."

octoboy

I Crush Everything
10/10; can't rate that Abbot & Costello classic any less!

“Why is everyone in their underwear? And it’s not even lacy.” – Karolina Zebrowska as a dissatisfied Victorian time-traveller

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
10/10 I find this funny and I'm curious what is the story behind this quote.

"War. War never changes. But men do, through the roads they walk. And this road has reached it's end. Men must change, and so must their symbols. Even if it means nothing at all, know what you follow and what you inspire, Courier. This is your road, and when you walk it. You'll walk it alone. All it takes is one person to make... or break a nation. Just one." Ulysses from Fallout New Vegas, after seeing his nation destroyed by the Courier, the main character.

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload
8/10 because, while what he's saying is true and I agree with most of it, I don't agree with having to walk the path alone, because that's what friends are for, real friends.

"If we weren't afraid of dying...we wouldn't be able to treat anyone else with kindness!" Natsu Dragneel, before punching the main antagonist of Fairy Tail: The Pheonix Priestess

octoboy

I Crush Everything
4/10. A tad hypocritical, plus, I suspect Jesus would beg to differ...

I'm curious what is the story behind this quote.
There isn't really a story behind this, besides contemporary clothing being so much more simplistic than earlier attire that to someone from the Victorian era, it'd probably look like underwear. So, yeah, all those people she was commenting on were actually fully clothed by our standards.

“That 1920s accent is like butter to my pearls” – A. L. Michael

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
8/10 Hmm... odd way to compliment the accent of the time. Is it even a compliment, that I do not know.

"It never stops burning. My skin. Every day, I have to unwind the bandages and replace them with fresh ones. Exposing my burnt skin to the air is like living through hell again. I survived because the fire inside me burned brighter than the fire that burned me. I fell down into that dark chasm, but the flame burned on and on. The fire that had kept me alive was love. Their love. God's love. I can never repay the debt I owe them after the terrible things I've done, but I must try." - Joshua Graham "The Burned Man" from Fallout New Vegas.