• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rate the Quote

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
9/10 Them's Fightin' Herds, I mean words.

"I want to take from them what they took from me, from my family. In this life. I want them to suffer. I want all of them to die in fear and pain. I want to have my revenge. Against him. Against Caesar. I want to call it my own, to make my anger God's anger. To justify the things I've done. Sometimes I tell myself that these wild fires never stop burning. But it's all just an excuse. I'm the one who starts them. Not god. Not them. I can always see it in my mind. The warmth and the heat. It will always be a part of me... but not today." - Joshua Graham "The Burned Man" from Fallout New Vegas, about to make a life-changing decision. Revenge or redemption?

octoboy

I Crush Everything
6/10. A bit murky as to what he means, though I'm giving it points on the assumption that he's meant to be displaying lucidity over his own vengeful passions? That sort of thing takes character, for sure.

“What do you mean I can’t wash my hands in the river? What’s the point of the river then?” – Karolina Zebrowska as a dissatisfied Victorian time-traveller

shoz999

7/10 Medieval ages I take it? Disease, blood, corpses, parasites. Might be safer up north where things are colder, or not. Have you tried using rain water?

"The East was a hard-fought campaign. Even now, I realize Caesar drew too much of the Legion's blood needed there for... this. Hoover Dam is but a place. I will not have it be the gravestone of the Legion - whether quickly, or as you describe, slowly... by attrition. As for wisdom... there is wisdom in your words, man of the West. If the West is one day filled with ones such as you, perhaps upon my return it shall be a worthy fight, indeed." Legate Lanius "The Monster of the East" from Fallout New Vegas.

This is some powerful character development and writing here. During much of the game, you're told that this Legate Lanius is a bloodthirsty animal who loves war but does not care for his own organization, The Legion, from both friend and foe. When you finally meet the guy, you realize Lanius does deserves his title of "The Monster of the East" but he's far from the mindless animal you heard of, that he's actually willing to listen to reason when his intellectual leader, Caesar, would not. I suppose it's a lesson that even if you think your opponent cannot be reasoned with, never take diplomacy off the table.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
9/10
I'm always a big fan of when the antagonist finds some respect on others

Luffy: Hold on, wasn't he speaking earlier?
Sanji: Well, come to think of it, I sort of remember him standing on two legs
Both: He's a monster!
Luffy: What the heck is that? He's walking on two legs..
Sanji: He's a reindeer
Luffy: He's fluffy
Sanji: He's short
Luffy: He becomes big
Both: And he's a monster!
Luffy: What a cool guy! He's interesting! Sanji, let's have him join us!
(One Piece, when they first see Chopper)

shoz999

8/10 Funny dialogue but if I remember correctly, I thought Luffy wanted to eat Chopper when he saw him for the first time.

"You've gotten a lot farther than you should have, but then again you haven't met Frank Horrigan either. Your ride's over, mutie. Time to die." - Frank Horrigan from Fallout 2, the strongest entity to walk the Fallout Universe.

Whereas many Fallout characters are a favorite for their character development, Frank Horrigan is a favorite for his feats of strength. The titles by Black Isle Studios and Obsidian are known for giving you the option to deal with villains peacefully. Frank Horrigan is a strong exception to this rule. When you see him mow down civillians, take hits from soldiers wielding gattling guns and missile launchers, and one punches a Deathclaw to death, one of the most terrifying enemies in the Fallout series, you realize, "Oh ****! I have to fight this guy some day." and unlike other villains, there is no way to settle this peacefully because his goal is to see you dead.

octoboy

I Crush Everything
4/10, sounds a tad smug to me. Not to mention, he's clearly about to murder someone.

“I’d beat you up, but I wouldn’t want to get loser germs on my fist.” – Josh from The Weekenders

pacman000

On a quest to be the best...
9/10 - Funny

“Didn’t you ever go to school?”
“Sure! I came out the same way!”

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
7/10
IDK the contetxt, but welp, I guess some people have other ways of changing and learning

"I know that the internet likes their ships but, let me just say this once and for all. It's not okay to ship real people that have their own lives and relationships off of youtube"-Theodd1sout

pacman000

On a quest to be the best...
9/10 - True. Tho people have been shipping celebrities long before YouTube was a thing.

"Wouldn't you like to be a Pepper too?"

octoboy

I Crush Everything
1/10. I don't care much for jingles, and that one isn't even all that clever or interesting.

"The Major Scale would kill to have 5 imperfections. Or, I mean, it probably wouldn't, but Locrian might." – 12tone

shoz999

6/10 Hmm... I take it means that perfection is boring.

"The world loves Japan but the world also knows what Japan has done." - Accented Cinema

Aquaslash

7/10 What did Japan do?

“You poor, stupid creature. You have no idea what you’re in for.”
Oleander, Them’s Fightin’ Herds

octoboy

I Crush Everything
2/10. Smug and sadistic. Smugdistic.

"It's like the internet, except communicated by pissing all over stuff. It's basically the internet." – zefrank1

shoz999

7/10 Ah yes. Let your toxic self free and reign upon the avatars that hide their true selves.

"People love to invent monsters and monstrosities. Then they seem less monstrous themselves." - Geralt of Rivia from The Witcher.

7/10 What did Japan do?

“You poor, stupid creature. You have no idea what you’re in for.”
Oleander, Them’s Fightin’ Herds
A reference to how the world loves Japan's status as a peace-loving nation of economic and technological prosperity today but the world can never forget it's past as a genocidal war-loving regime. It's best to remember the past in an attempt at history not being doomed to repeat it.

octoboy

I Crush Everything
3/10. "I'm just as edible - I mean, marriable as anyone else!" - Arthur Read, probably.

“It’s basically a piano with rabies.” – Sideways, describing an organ

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
8/10
hmmm....................why does that work like it does?

Luffy: "That pigeon bastard's mine, I'm gonna kick his ass all over the place!"
Usopp: "Then get up! Show'im what you're made of! Stop lying around pumping and bleeding like you're about to die! That is not the Luffy I know at all! Even though it's filled with smoke, we can still see the sky! We can still see the ocean! This place isn't hell, I can't believe you'd let it end like this! So stop acting like you're about to die you stupid bastard! What's wrong with you? Why are you trying to make us worry? GET UP AND FIGHT"
(One Piece)

shoz999

9/10 I believe this is the quote where Luffy fights the Cheetah guy. Good quote of Usopp's faith in Luffy.

"Destiny calls to Tora! Rude not to say 'hello' back." - Tora from Xenoblade Chronicles 2.

Aquaslash

8/10. He’s definitely one of my favorite Nopon, that’s for sure.

“Mr. Christian! Look at you, disgrace to the navy! This is mutiny, Mr. Christian! Mutiny, that is!”
Bugs Bunny, Buccaneer Bunny