• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rate the Quote

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
9/10
Guess desperate times call for desperate measures

"Ugh, not another speeding ticket.........I'd fight it on court, but I don't think they're gonna accept "gotta go fast" as a medical condition"-Sonic (Sonic Boom (Cartoon))

Last edited:

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
9/10 In Sonic's case, I can see that happening.

"You're just total trash. How can you justify other people's suffering and sacrifices like that?! You're just rationalizing yourself with a flimsy excuse! Real sacrifice is nothing like the one you are talking about! Sacrifice is where you put your own life on the line to save the ones you love! It's far more meaningful and noble than what you claim! No one in this world deserves to be sacrificed for you!!! This power is their hatred towards you, created from the ghosts of each and every person you've tortured and sacrificed! This is their blade pointed at you and your arrogance! No one here will be sacrificed. You will lose and I'm going to return home with everyone!" - Baam from Tower of God, declaring that the demonic Hoaqin will fail.

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload
8/10 I agree with his words but don't know of him so it's not that high tier for me.

Fuuka: [What do you think is the meaning of Christmas?]
Persona 3 Male Protagonist: Consumerism.
- one of the more famous dialogue options from Persona 3

shoz999

6/10 Eh. It's okay quote preaching how life is.

"Shut up. You know nothing!!! I already tried my best! These people are idiots! They fear change! I tried and tried and tried! I shared my power with everyone! Said we should combine our power to escape! But these idiots doubted my words and feared my power! And so ultimately, right till the very end... they threw away a chance to change themselves. If we had that ladle, we could've escaped. But as soon as I suggested using it, De Sah critcized me. Said that we have to stay in this hellhole because of 'destiny'. When I kept insisting on the same idea, he tried throwing me in prison! But when his minions were overwhelmed by my power, some of them even betrayed him and worked for me. I asserted that De Sah should retire and hand over the position of Leader of South City to me. Then he goes branding me a traitor. Makes the absurd claim that the youngest member of the grand family should inherit the ladle instead of me!!! Even though he's just a kid, they convinced me to decide who the next leader would be through a peaceful vote... I was confident I would win. I promised equal power and freedom to everyone. But do you know what the result was?! That little brat won! For the simple reason that he's from the grand family! I couldn't bear it anymore, and so I staged a coup and succeeded in driving De Sah out of this city. And what does he do? Instead of handing over the ladle, the key to our freedom. He smashes it right in front of me! You think De Sah is benevolent and I'm the tyrant?! These idiots just want to rot here!" - Hell Joe from Tower of God.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
8/10
Quite the interesting motivation showing how dangerous wanting to stick with the status quo can be.

Sabo: "Thank you, Luffy. I'm glad that you're alive"
Luffy: "But Sabo, I...I let Ace get killed in front of me..."
Sabo: "I know. Even though Ace died, I'm...so happy that you survived! I almost helplessly lost both of my brothers. If you had also died, I would have been left on my own! Thank you! Thank you for being alive, Luffy!"

shoz999

8/10 Good quote. Can't think of a way to praise it without spoiling it. Well. I suppose it's another way to say he's glad that he made it out alive.

"I couldn't understand how there could be such a person. Just what was he thinking? What principles did he live by? The more I thought about it, the less I understood." - November 11 from Darker than Black.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
6/10 Not bad but not knowing the context of the quote affected the rating.

Mr. Voice: Ah! Stop talking! *Boatman of Death jumps into the water* That's what happens when little ladies ask too many questions! It makes people want to drown themselves!
~Little Misfortune

Last edited:

Aquaslash

8/10 Imagine if that was that scumbag of a president and he jumped into the water to drown himself. If it happened in 2018, we wouldn’t be in this mess right now!
Speaking of questions...

Fred: (gasp) Can we keep her, Ollie?
Oleander: NO! And don’t call me Ollie!
-Them’s Fightin’ Herds

Captain Jigglypuff

6/10 Not bad.

Mr. Voice: Oh no, wait! It looks like he hung himself.
Misfortune: Hanged himself, like a piñata? Should I hit him like a piñata?
Mr. Voice: No, Misfortune. He’s dead.
Misfortune: Dead? But he’s wearing a pair sweet boots, he can’t be dead!
~Little Misfortune

Kung Fu Ferret

The Usurper
6/10 got a bit of a chuckle outta me

"I see you noticed my impressive antlers. But please, my eyes are down here." Cernunnos: The Horned God (SMITE)

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
8/10
Heh, well they're hard not to notice, considering your title

"We had a lot of fun with Goku....
A bit of a dork, very happy, and really kind
Everyone loved the way Goku was

The story of Dragon Ball has come to an end"-Narrator (DBGT)

Last edited:

octoboy

I Crush Everything
5/10. Endearing, if a bit plain.

Michael: What if the cargo ship was full of toad pants, and all of those pants got lost at sea?
Christie: That would be a tragedy.
Hank: We’d never know anything about toad semen again.
- from Sci Show

Aquaslash

4/10 It would’ve been funnier if they talked about moisturizing with it.

“(Gasp) Puppies!!! I mean, prepare for battle!”
- Oleander, Them’s Fightin’ Herds

Captain Jigglypuff

7/10 Not sure what to make of that quote.

Man: You’ve been training with the Hank Aaron?!
Leela: I’ve been training with a Hank Aaron.
~Futurama- A Leela of Her Own

octoboy

I Crush Everything
6/10. Reminds me of when my sister brought home a signed photo of Daniel Radcliffe, so I tried to say I'd been to a dance party with Tom Felton...

"Seize the fat one!!!" - Prince John from Robin Hood