• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rate the Quote

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload
10/10 Funny out of context, funnier with context. ALL HAIL THE CARNIVAL!

"Beams are so...unisex," Chaos-Neko Arc, Carnival Phantasm (might not exact quote because the English sub I watched had Ren instead of Len)

Kung Fu Ferret

The Usurper
4/10 I don't get it

"Yeah. The name's Gilgamesh. I'm famous for being on nearly all required reading lists, and being uncannily strong." Gilgamesh- SMITE ( Side note: can't wait to finally be able to play as him starting later this month)

octoboy

I Crush Everything
5/10. Kind of cheeky fun, but I've heard funner and cheekier.

“Two great, but opposed, celestial forces: God, who created the world, and Dog, who will end it.” – quasi-normalcy

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload
7/10 It's the Dog who did it!
4/10 I don't get it
Exactly. It's pure nonsense.

Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves, Confucius

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
9/10
Revenge won't satisfy you, and may even kill you inside (or flat out kill you, if things go really wrong)

"Save your bullets, you don't have what it takes to kill someone like me. Hey, when do you think a person dies? When a bullet from a pistol pierces his heart? No. When he's attacked by an incurable disease? No. When he eats a soup of deadly poisonous mushrooms?. No. A man dies when people forget him. Even if I should disappear right now my dream will come true, and when it does the citizens' sickness of the heart will be cured as well."-Dr. Hiriluk (One Piece)

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload
9/10 This hit so hard, and just everything involving Chopper in general in this arc.

"All important movies start...with a black screen," Batman, The Lego Batman Movie

octoboy

I Crush Everything
7/10. Pretty funny, and it probably sounds even funnier in Lego Batman's voice.

“I have trouble turning on a computer even if I’m in my best lingerie.” - Queenmaddyblake

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
4/10
I-
huh?
wha?

"Zoro, Usopp, Sanji, Nami, Chopper, Robin, Franky, Brook....they're all gone.....I couldn't save any of them"-Luffy (One Piece)

xEryChan

Demon Child
10/10. I’m back in the void now :(

My name is Kozuki Oden and I was born to boil! - Kozuki Oden (One Piece)

octoboy

I Crush Everything
6/10. Guess it's good to know you've found your chef calling.

“Making the switch to bipedalism a few million years ago meant trying to basically use that bridge as a skyscraper.” – Rose Bear Don’t Walk

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
8/10
pfft, well that's certainly a way to compare it, but it is somewhat accurate
10/10. I’m back in the void now :(
sorry I had to

"Same streets, same crowds too. Yeah, Shibuya hasn't changed a bit. But still, I don't think I can forgive you yet. You don't see it, but those few weeks were very hard for me. Learning to trust people, having that trust broken. Finding out the town I painted as small, and stifling, and empty wasn't any of those things. I'm glad......I met you guys. You made me pick up on things I probably would've just gone on ignoring. "Trust your partner", and I do. I can't forgive you, but I trust you. You took care of things, right? Otherwise, Shibuya would be gone, and my world with it....Hey, did I mention? I've got friends now, we're getting together for the first time in a week. See you there?"-Neku Sakuraba

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
7/10 It’s deep but pretty lengthy.

Matt Gaetz: I’m like Pepe Le Pew here. I’m just a ladies man.
Pepe: Dude. No. I am cartoon skunk. You are US Congressman. Be better, okay?
~SNL It’s Britney Cold Open from 4/04/21

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload
6/10 I think I got the joke...? But it wasn't that funny for me...sorry.

"You've got a time machine, I've got a gun. What the hell. Let's kill Hitler," Mels in Doctor Who series 6, episode 8, "Let's Kill Hilter".

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
8/10
Of course that's the first thing they think of. Clearly this won't have huge consequences for history and the space-time continuum

"What's a meme?"-Shiki (The World Ends With You)

octoboy

I Crush Everything
4/10
Is he asking a question regarding anthropological Dawkinsian theory, or is this a setup to a gag about how out-of-touch he is? Either way, it's kind of plain.

“When surface is shiny, people’s legs get whiny.” - Karolina Zebrowska as the ghost of a Polish servant

AgentKallus

It's not a game Kate.
There are better quotes in that video but that by no means diminishes the value of this quote 7/10

'I mean, what sort of moron believes in ghosts? (Alison reminds him that he is a ghost) well, yeah, you know, before I became one, you wouldn't have caught me believing in this sort of nonsense!' -Julian : Ghosts

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
8/10
Well, at least he's honest and self aware about his thoughts

"When clustering stars come together at once, new bonds shine upon the future! Become the path that lights the way. Limit Over Accel Synchro!! The evolution of light, Shooting Quasar Dragon! Zone, this is the makeup of our bonds! It's the proof of our evolution!"-Yusei Fudo (Yugioh 5Ds) during by far the best summon in the entire franchise

octoboy

I Crush Everything
6/10. Might have been cool in context, but without that context, this character kind of sounds like some sort of astrology nut...

There are better quotes in that video but that by no means diminishes the value of this quote 7/10
Sweet, didn't know you also watched K. Zebrowska. Now I wonder what your favourite line from Polish Servant Ghost was.

“It’s like the second step after your first deep thought about a video game. And the third step would be ‘what if the protagonist is actually in a coma, and has been imagining the whole story?!?’ Guess what? You can say that about every fictional story because someone has imagined it – they’re called the writer of the story! That’s what fiction is!” – Brian David Gilbert

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload
9/10 As Pablo Picasso said, "We all know that Art is not truth. Art is a lie that makes us realize truth.”

That is not the quote I'mma go for tho.

"Does getting what you want count as an ideal? Then if you get it, does that mean your ideal's been granted? Kinda boring. I think ideals are more than that. They're something you'll chase after your whole life," Yukino Mayuzumi, Persona 2: Innocent Sin
aka a quote that makes me think of archer and shirou from f/sn

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
9/10
heh, well she's not wrong, plus there's always an "and now what?" after accomplishing anything. Plus I guess it'd be boring to just stop after one thing is done

Revolver: "Your soul is still trapped in here, and you don't know how to find the path to escape. You won't find the path"

Soulburner: "Then tell me. You know that when I went missing in the lost incident, my parents searched for me. And died in a traffic accident. That morning when I went missing I had a fight with my parents. I said something horrible."

Revolver: "What did you say?"

Soulburner: "I don't remember. Probably about not wanting to eat what's on my plate or stop telling me to study. But pathetically, I was caught in fear, so I don't remember. No matter how many times I try, I can't remember. I said something horrible to my dead parents, I've been living with that fact! Tell me! What did I say? How am I supposed to apologize to those that are gone? To those I'll never see again?!"

Revolver: "It's not pathetic, and there's no need to apologize. Those who are gone haven't completely vanished from your life. They just went ahead earlier. That's what I believe. But I live my life in a way that won't shame them when I see them again. Unlike you."

(from Yugioh Vrains)