• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rate the signature (Update to rules: 1/8/12)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manchee

extra toasty
Rate the signature.

Update: The five-post waiting limit is no longer in effect. Nevertheless, do not post too frequently so that it gets to a point where you're every other post. Give other people a chance to give/get rates.

Rules

1. Deal with criticism.
Different people like different things. This is all for fun and to get/give ideas for signatures. Don't get upset and give someone a harsh score because you can't deal with what they say.

2. Obviously, be fair/nice.
This is a game. Some people aren't as acquainted with the editing process as others. No need to bash them for it.

3. Don't always have no comment.
Give ideas and such on how the person can improve their sig. That's normally what people come here to do.

4. You can rate any of the sigs posted recently, not just above you.
Because of said people in the above rule, a lot of the time people found themselves rating the same signatures over and over. Now, this is no longer "Rate the sig above you," but purely to rate a signature within the most recent posts.

5. Try to ignore images from "adoptables" websites.
Images from sites like GPX+ and VDex are excluded from ratings; those sites require views for points and other things, and people aren't going to remove them. Don't dock points because of them please.

6. Games and sppf rules.

Have fun~

Last edited:

Mr. Joker

keep calm & carry on
Wooooooooooooooooot, first post.

I like the banner, I like the style, the only problem I have with it is how white the pokemon (it's name escapes me right now) is. But I love Sabrina's style ;p; It is one of those sigs where it doesn't need anything else.

it's lovely. but difficult to read on the skin i'm using.

Skiyomi

Only Mostly Dead
6.7/10 @ Buraddo_Aipom: It has a pretty cool mystical look to it, and I certainly love extracted sigs, but I've got a few issues with it. The glow doesn't completely hide that the extraction edges are a bit rough. Also, it looks like there are 2 (that I can see) stray pixels that are getting highlighted with the glow effect. They're not *that* visible, but can be see on a darker skin. I really like the font you've chosen, but effects-wise, it looks a little flat. Then again, I suppose it matches with the flatness of the main image, but I'd like to see a little more depth. Nicely coordinated all around, though.

7.6/10 @ Mr. Joker: The art on the banner is awesome. It keeps things nice and simple and stylish. The text looks pretty good to me too, but I just don't like that blue link.

7/10 @ Lil Crickee: I like how sparkly the banner is and how it reminds me of Cabaret, but I think the text could look better, especially with that last line being so long.

Devastator2000

Are you high...?
Rate the signature.

Rules~

1. Deal with criticism.
Different people like different things. This is all for fun and to get/give ideas for signatures. Don't get upset and give someone a harsh score because you can't deal with what they say.

2. Obviously, be fair/nice.
This is a game. Some people aren't as acquainted with the editing process as others. No need to bash them for it.

3. Don't always have no comment.
Give ideas and such on how the person can improve their sig. That's normally what people come here to do.

4. You can only post once every five posts. (new)
People in the old thread weren't smart enough to realize that they kept getting their sig rated over and over, and it becomes annoying and problematic. Post once, see what someone has to say, and post after five other people do.

5. You can rate any of the sigs posted recently, not just above you. (new)
Because of said people in the above rule, a lot of the time people found themselves rating the same signatures over and over. Now, this is no longer "Rate the sig above you," but purely to rate a signature within the most recent posts.

6. Ignore images from "adoptables" websites. (new)
Images from sites like GPX+ and VDex are excluded from ratings; those sites require views for points and other things, and people aren't going to remove them. Don't dock points because of them please.

7. Games and sppf rules.
Duh c:

Have fun~

???/10

The banner won't show for some reason.

The_Boss_Giygas

I. F.E.E.L. G.O.O.D.
Devastator2000 8/10: The Buizel image I like how it turned out, the Buizel text not my best sorry, also the blue outlines do not properly cover the light blue background.

Skiyomi 9.9/10
I like how it came out, some body proportions may be a bit off, but I like the coloring and such.

Lil Crickee
6/10 For those who don't know that song (including me) the story makes no sense. The picture is okay, still don't know what that guy in red is there for.

Mr. Joker
7/10 The image is pretty good, the text below it not so much, on a dark skin the black text can't be read neither can the dark blue text.

Burrado_Aipom
9/10
Pretty cool, love the glow effects and Shandera is becoming a favorite pokemon of mine. Just wish the flames were more "flamy" right now it looks like ice spikes.

Zhanton

le quant-à-soi
@The Boss: I love the dark red colours in the image, although the text underneath is a bit...well...stuck up. Also default text is a no-no. 7.5

@Devastator: The bolded, default-blue coloured text kills the nice drawing. 8

@Skiyomi; Love the drawing, I just have a problem with the faces...9.

@Lil Crickee; I really really really like it. It's great! 9

Jagged Little Pill

the good life
Since I liked the old one and I am in a rush, I'll just rate the one above me and Lil Crickee.

@zhanton: As mentioned in the previous thread. (9)
@Crick: The. Best. Character. Ever. (9)

Last edited:

Northern Lights

[BritishSarcasm]
Good call on those new rules.

FlyingPichu has nothing.
Zhanton has a banner by me, so no rating there.

Boss Giygas, i LOVE your drawing style i really do X3 7/10 could make the text nicer though?

Skiyomi

Only Mostly Dead
*counts*

@ The_Boss_Giygas: 7.5/10 - I guess I should recuse myself since I did the text, but whatevs. The illustration is pretty cool and very inkeeping with the Halloween theme (and uses a less common color-scheme for it too! Awesome). I think it might look better if you colored the credit text and the link red to match the image.

@ ~.:Northern Lights:.~: 9/10 - It's adorable. And that Jack-o-Lantern has... an interesting expression on it's face. I like the addition of the sprite.

The_Boss_Giygas

I. F.E.E.L. G.O.O.D.
FLyingpichu64
7/10, The realistic concept art background doesn't match with the cartoony anime girls you have, The sprites are okay.

Northen Lights
8/10 Not bad, the image looks nice I just don't know what those white circles are doing, it makes look more busy than it should and dotted backgrounds aren't my thing sorry, the sprite is pretty cool, and the text is not too long so it's fine.

absolalone
6/10
Looks too busy, the banner is nice, the sprites add too much, maybe have one team along the top or bottom of the banner to keep it more simple.

Zhanton 7/10
the Nom tex in the image looks kinda like a wall or something stopping chomp I don't like the placement of it and the dotted backgrounds aren't my thing, but the chomp image is nice and the text is fine.

skiyomi; it's nice art, but like i've said before, it looks a little awkward. 6.

absolalone111; uh, a site generated banner, and (i assume) you're crediting yourself for making them. and some smilies...it's unformatted and plain. 4

The_Boss_Giygas; it's nice art, very fitting for the holidays. 8

Zhanton

le quant-à-soi
*counts*

@jb; I like the banner but it needs some text. It just seems too random and makes little sense to me, haha. 6

@Crickee; I love the text and the colours used. 9.

@The Boss: I can't believe I'm saying this but the eye-burning red actually works in your signature. 8.

Skiyomi

Only Mostly Dead
@ absolalone111: 2.5/10 - The banner is really bland... just a picture slapped on a white background with awkwardly positioned text. Also, you spelled "awesome" wrong.

@ Lil Crickee: 8/10 - I love the pinks and the texture on the background~

@ jb08045: 7/10 - The art on the banner is pretty nice, though the banner itself is a little bland. I think it might be better with some text. It doesn't really say "stand alone banner" to me.

@ zhanton: 7.5/10 - Awww... it's cute with its razor sharp teeth XP

@ Flyingpichu64: 6.7/10 - I'm glad you got rid of the sprites. You could always link the banner for credit instead of just sticking that rather bland looking credit text on it.

Devastator2000

Are you high...?
Skyomi:

I like it, although maybe it could have a fade effect on all sides? Seems like i'm looking through a cut in the wall. And the text doesn't stand out very well. 6.8/10

Ah, um... I hope I'm welcome here ^^;

Skiyomi: I like the banner, and the text is kind of funny. But I think a border might be better...? 9/10

Devastator2000: It's nice, but maybe you could make the text a different font. 8/10

Status
Not open for further replies.