• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rate the signature (Update to rules: 1/8/12)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zhanton

le quant-à-soi
@Goatmanjaro; The banner's not bad, but not exactly eye catching either. The text underneath (FC) is default coloured and whatnot. 5

@FireTheAbsolLord; The background on the banner's pretty generic and bland, to be honest. The text on it is also not that impressive, coloured poorly and with a generic font choice. 3.5

@Skiyomi; It's not your best banner, but I like it because it had Misty because it's cool. The text on it is nice. I'd like to see what you do when you complete all 50 themes :] 7

LuciRuki

Born This Way
9/10. Neat, it all matches (kind of) and it is a very cute drawing.
Visuals 8
Organization 6
Originality 5

19 . 30

7/10

Lots of colors :D but its kind of all over the place.

Visuals 6
Organization 7
Originality 7

20. 30

The colours look really nice. You can also see extraction marks on the big Eevee around its back legs, though. 6

Visuals 5
Organization 8
Originality 7

20 . 30

-LuciRuki-

Atellus

Crobat for President
@FireTheAbsolLord - I'm by no means an expert on banner design, but I can give you some pointers from what I think anyway, maybe they can help you.

First I'd increase the contrast between the characters and the background - probably by darkening the background.

I'd also make the background a bit more interesting - some more movement would be cool for banner, I feel.

The text will struggle to stand out against images like this where there are lots of different colours - you can either increase the text size, add strokes and drop-shadows, or you could move the text above and below the image.

Also - the fonts could be more interesting - I think that's just Georgia / Times New Roman and Arial.

Take a look online for free fonts - dafont.com has a good selection.

Hope this helps :)

As it is now I'd give it 5/10

Atellus

Crobat for President
Yeah I can agree with that actually, but the colours for my text are sampled straight from the Pokemon logo. I also have a feeling that if I over saturate the text the border could become lost in the Blastoise area.

I've been playing with diferent options for this for a while, it's at the stage now where it's pretty tricky to adjust things without messing other elements up - all part of the fun I guess :)

Manaphione123

Merely A Puppet
Brilliant but the word is distracting and the black background doesn't suit. Try making the red, blue and green continue to the edges. 9/10

Zhanton

le quant-à-soi
@LuciRuki; No clue what you're doing rating sigs out of thirty, but okay. I love Lady Gaga, and the text is pretty cool too. I like the colours you've chosen and the variation in size and font and whatnot. 8

@Northern Lights; 9.5, as before. I feel so mean for not giving a 10.

@Atellus; I can't quite remember what I gave you last time, but I think it was 7. Same score. I really like the different coloured backgrounds, but I just wish the backgrounds went into transparency instead of black. I know I've said this before, and I know you replied saying it didn't look that good, but do you mind posting what it looked like, if possible? ^.^ 7

@manaphione; The banner's nice, but I'm not a fan of the colour of the text. The banner is a bit dark, and the text is a pale pink which just doesn't seem to suit it that well. The white link would look better coloured black or even the pink; the white stands out too much and looks a bit random. The way the text is aligned looks a bit odd, too, to be honest. 5

Atellus

Crobat for President
@zhanton - yeah no problems. Like I say I try a lot of different variants, I'll probably keep messing around with it over time anyway - I'm never totally happy with things lol.

sig-nobg.png
- No Background

newtest-1.png
- A purple background with Pokeballs to liven it up.

Thanks for the feedback though :)

Update: On the image with no background, the drop shadow from the Charizard is visible - not intentional lol, just me being lazy.

orangezilla

Who's dar man
8/10 Really well put together, personally I like the no background best

LuciRuki

Born This Way
Visuals 6
Organization 2
Originality 6

14. 30

@LuciRuki; No clue what you're doing rating sigs out of thirty, but okay. I love Lady Gaga, and the text is pretty cool too. I like the colours you've chosen and the variation in size and font and whatnot. 8
I rate the signatures out of 3 different categories. Then give them an overall total out of 30.

-LuciRuki-

Northern Lights

[BritishSarcasm]
8/10 the animation is a little short and jerky, but hey, limited resources

Yeah I can agree with that actually, but the colours for my text are sampled straight from the Pokemon logo. I also have a feeling that if I over saturate the text the border could become lost in the Blastoise area.

Touche. =]

Sweep

I'll Attack.
10/10 As always Northern Lights.
Brilliant work, yet again.

Skiyomi

Only Mostly Dead
7.5/10 - I like how the combination of blue and red looks on both the banner and the text. The text looks well arranged too by itself.

@Skiyomi; It's not your best banner, but I like it because it had Misty because it's cool. The text on it is nice. I'd like to see what you do when you complete all 50 themes :] 7

XD It's probably never going to happen. But hey, I actually *do* want to complete 100 Xellos/Filia themes. It's been over a year and I'm only up to 20!

Status
Not open for further replies.