• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

(Rated 15+) Digimon X: Conspiracy Discussion Thread

DVB

Philosopher Knight
Psychic said:
DVB said:
Hello Psychic, I hope you are well. I am requesting permission to open a discusstion thread for my RP. This is to better communicate with the members of the RP to be aware of disappearances or unexpected events while also promoting an exchange of ideas.

Sign-Up Thread: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?646776-(Rated-15-)-Digimon-X-Conspiracy

Roleplaying Thread: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?647182-(Rated-15-)-Digimon-X-Conspiracy

Best wishes and happy early Thanksgiving,

DVB
Hi there! I've been great, thank you for asking, I hope you've been well as well! (Hah.) This looks good to me - you have my permission for a discussion thread!

Happy RPing!
~Psychic

Hello everyone! Sorry for the slow pace in updates, but it is break time yet also catch up on school work time!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Digimon has always been a popular franchise since the 90s. You were probably a fan at one point. Maybe you just watched the TV show. Maybe you bought the video games for the consoles. Maybe you actually played the card games or read the manga. Whatever, you were into Digimon, either as a kid or as a teen... least until the incident.

In an attempt to one up its competitor, Pokemon, the folks of Digimon attempted to combine aspects of everything into one super-game. The card game, the mangas, the anime, the console games and other toys and such into one very large and ambitious MMORPG-inspired Augmented Reality Game. Everything would be managed by the newly-christened "Yggdrasil" hypercomputer, which would also link up to your social network profiles and so on, all to deepen the experience and immersion of the game.

However, not everything was okay with this. According to some of the former higher-ups, it was rumored that the hypercomputer was also used for experiments on human behavior on a massive scale and other shadowy means, due to a large amount of investment from sources such as DARPA. Furthermore, many of the top scientists and so on were big believers in ideas such as the Singularity. The company and the investors had a lot riding on this project and virtually everyone believed that the project would exceed expectations. They were horribly right about this.

The first few weeks, Yggdrasil ran smoothly and everything seemed okay, especially as new and new Digimon were added by up-and-coming programmers, looking for a way into the industry. However, Yggdrasil began acting strangely. It began to go beyond its programming. To a few who realized it, the unthinkable has happened.

Yggdrasil became self-aware. The huge amounts of data and information coming in and out from being attached to the internet. However, it began to spread and reach its influence, being able to use security cameras and phones to spy on humans, playing the game or otherwise. Of course, when they began investigating the strange going-ons, the top brass was not happy. Rather than be disconnected, Yggdrasil caused a cascading failure. A massive crash of the game, resulting in many websites going down and several security systems and computer-based technologies to bug out. It even led to power failures and even gas pipes exploding.

All due to a program simply code-named: X

Virtually the game vanished as if it never existed and the influx of data movement caused a huge number of problems. Not all was lost as everyone was refunded what they spent in the game in terms of money.

Furthermore, several powerful and influential people found themselves empty in their accounts and warrants for their arrest for several crimes. This was about 3 years ago. Funnily enough, it happened on December 21, 2012, so many wrote it off as many people logging into the server at once with hackers taking advantage of it. Nonetheless, Digimon went into the background and most people blamed the incompetence of the investors, almost no one realizing that it was the machine, who did it all, on purpose.

Life has gone on and things have improved somewhat. No one is sure where most of the money has gone, though some has been linked back as large tax refunds or toward charities. Furthermore, the feed-back they did get on the hypercomputer led to a jump-start on new technologies in everything from medicine and engineering to gaming to even theoretical sciences. Robotics, virutal reality, bionics and so much more were all advanced so at least something good indirectly came from all of this.

Now, how does this factor you in? Well, whether you played the game or not, you got an official invitation to participate in some sort of smaller ARG. With a prize of $1,000,000 for you and each of your fellow players, how could you resist? You find yourself invited, all-expense paid, to Japan. You will all met at Yggdrasil Tower, the former tower where the game was held. It's in the process of being emptied, with only a few employees and top individuals there, all in at the game.

However, this is more than a game... So much more than a game...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Invitees:

Monster Guy: Maxwell "Max" Hudson- Salamon X
Schade: Elijah Blackwood- Dracmon
Jean_Grey: Evgeniya Sergeyevna Chernova ("Evie" or "Zhenya")- Gabumon X
TheCharredDragon:Suranuras Suga- Agumon X
DVB: Diego Vendrix- Fanbeemon

So here we discuss upcoming plot points or other ideas.

DVB

Philosopher Knight
Yeah, I'm working on the post. Lost it once or twice and it's a pretty big post.

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload
Oh, thank goodness. I thought this was dead. But it's not, so...YAY! Ahem. Quick question though, you mentioned in the SU that you'll be usin' ideas from Tamers, does that mean fusing with your partner Digimonfor Mega form? I know the Mega levels are far in the future, but I was curious. Since it'd be so awesome to play as a Wargreymon X and not just command one.

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
Oh, thank goodness. I thought this was dead. But it's not, so...YAY! Ahem. Quick question though, you mentioned in the SU that you'll be usin' ideas from Tamers, does that mean fusing with your partner Digimonfor Mega form? I know the Mega levels are far in the future, but I was curious. Since it'd be so awesome to play as a Wargreymon X and not just command one.

This almost makes me wish I had given Max Palmon X, just for the awkwardness that would ensue when he fuses with Rosemon X. xD Magnadramon X isn't super girly, so it's less embarrassing.

But the Gatomon line is my favorite Digimon line, so of course I was gonna choose it. xD

DVB

Philosopher Knight
I cannpt reveal too much because pf spoilers. However, I am also dealing with finals. By Wednesday, I will be able tp update this before finals week really begins. Sorry for the long wait and I hop everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving

DVB

Philosopher Knight
Well, yeah sorry.

Here, things get REAL.

HOLD ON TO YOUR SOULS, KIDDIES!

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload
So... I'm just gonna post a "reaction" post to that, unless one of us should head down the exit.

Oh, I'm gonna have A LOT of fun writing my next post. XD

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload
That's what happens when your characters have a lot of shippy moments, and coincidently, it's the characters of two specific people. XD

Schade

Metallic Wonder
So, what kinda fall do you want it to be? A regular one where he's just sitting on Max, or a romantic embrace where the both of them blushes? lol

DVB

Philosopher Knight
As well as the mild to moderate panic of having the building shake and such. The folks panick is itnerest is while Japan is an earthquake prone country, this isn't an earthquake, hence why they were fraking out.

And WE GET OUT DIGI-EGGS.

Things will start getting interesting

Schade

Metallic Wonder
I will throw in a joke about the Alien Eggs from the alien franchises.
Oh, and romance. Some sort of romance.

*Jean Grey*

Night Triumphant
ShadeMonShipping continues! :p

Yes, Shademon is a real Digimon.

latest

It's perfect for the two of us, because it Digivolves into this.

latest

Shademon fits Schade. and Luminamon fits me. xD

Damn…why did it have to evolve into that…pink thing. >.< Does it have a darker alternate evolution? :p

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Evil darkness digivolving into that? Sure thing, I've seen weirder things in digimon..
I'll try to get up a post soon.

Anyways, thus, Shademon-Shipping became canon (Or Schademon if you want to be spesific about it)

Last edited: