• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Raters, Rate!

Yellow Aura

Light of Hope
Hi, this is my team: (In Order)

Spiritomb@Leftovers

Move 1:Toxic
Move 2:Dark Pulse
Move 3:psychic
Move 4:Calm Mind

Drifblim@Magnet

Move 1:Calm Mind
Move 2:Thunder Bolt
Move 3:Shadow Ball
Move 4:psychic

Staraptor@Shell Bell

Move 1:Fly
Move 2:Roost
Move 3:Attract
Move 4:Steel Wing

Floatzel@Splash Plate

Move 1:Ice Beam
Move 2:Surf
Move 3:Crunch
Move 4:Iron Tail

Lucario@Fist Plate

Move 2:Aura Sphere
Move 3:Dark Pulse
Move 4:Dragon Pulse

Empoleon@Splash Plate

Move 3:Steel Wing
Move 4:Hydro Cannon

Open to anything!EDIT:Sorry about the smiles.They're supposed to be D's.

azeem40

Pokemon is fun!
Hi, this is my team: (In Order)

Spiritomb@Leftovers

Move 1:Will-O-Wisp
Move 2:Dark Pulse
Move 3:Pain Split
Move 4:Taunt

Drifblim@Leftovers

Move 2:Thunder Bolt
Move 4:Baton Pass

Pass the Calm Mind boosts with BP to Spiritomb, Lucario, and Empoleon.

Staraptor@Choice Band

Move 1:U-Turn
Move 2:Return
Move 3:Brave Bird
Move 4:Close Combat

Floatzel@Life Orb

Move 1:Ice Beam / Ice Fang
Move 2:Surf / Waterfall
Move 3:Crunch
Move 4:Return / Bulk Up

Bulk Up with Waterfall and Ice Fang, or Return with Surf and Ice Beam.

Lucario@Choice Specs

Move 1:Psychic / Vacuum Wave
Move 2:Aura Sphere
Move 4:Dragon Pulse

Empoleon@Leftovers

Move 3:Grass Knot
Move 4:Yawn

Open to anything!EDIT:Sorry about the smiles.They're supposed to be D's.
Items that raise one type of attack aren't worth it, by the way. Changed in bold, though.

Last edited:

Yellow Aura

Light of Hope
I like the Pain Split idea on Spiritomb, but I think toxic would be better than Will-O-Wisp and Taunt,nah.On Drifblim, yeah, Baton pass will work.Psychic didn't work well anyway.And, leftovers ofcourse!I dont now about Staraptor, except mabye Brave Bird.I don't like the Floatzel idea except for bulk up.I think Lucario was already good.Not so much on empoleon either, except for leftovers.

azeem40

Pokemon is fun!
Will-O-Wisp will be better as Steel and Poison types can just switch in on Toxic. Why are you not sure about Staraptor? He is too frail too Roost, and Attract and Steel Wing are poor move options. Floatzel is a Physical attacker, not a Special attacker, so teaching it Special moves is not worth it, unless you make him a Mixed Sweeper. Shadow Ball is better than Dark Pulse because Fighting + Ghost gets unresisted coverage. Psychic helps against other Lucario and Fighting types, and Specs help his Base 115 SpA. Shell Bell is ALWAYS a poor healing option because leftovers can do it much better.

arceus03

^No need to be sorry. As the old man in Cherrygrove says, "Everyone is a rookie at some point". IIRC. XD

Heck, when I first played Diamond, my Vespiquen had Hyper Beam. XD

Will-O-Wisp will be better as Steel and Poison types can just switch in on Toxic.

In-game trainers don't switch, but Will O Wisp is a good option as Burn reduces attack, which helps Spiritomb to wall even more against physical attackers, like Cynthia's Garchomp.

Your team has a huge Electric weakness. Volkner is so going to pwn you XD
Lucario isn't an exception either. He takes normal damage from Electric, and his poor base defenses aren't going to help much.

Go physical with Floatzel (Crunch/Ice Fang/Waterfall/Brick Break) as Empoleon is already covering the special spectrum.