• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rather annoying problem I'm having with my PC...

Hao Kaiser

Aww... Crap.
Ok, last Sunday, I began to notice this really annoying problem with windows. It just kinda randomly make my keyboard useless, if I open up a menu (Start, File, Edit, that kind of stuff) it just kinda opens and then quickly closes, and when I click on a shortcut, it opens the properties rather than the file.

This happened once Sunday, and it was only the "Click on a shortcut, get the properties" thing, which went away really quick.

Then last Wednesday, when I was typing a short story for school, it just went to hell. I could only use keys that corresponded with a menu item (F>File, B>Bookmarks, you get the idea), but the menus would pop up, then disappear. The "File" icon thing blinks when I have this problem too, which I noticed with Windows Media Player.

I've only done two major installations recently, and I don't think its a virus, unless my flashdrive was some how infected, as I don't drift from my regular forums and Wikipedia very often, and I've ran like 3 Norton system scans since it started more often Wednesday.

Anyways, I installed "Norton Systemworks" and I updated to "Windows Media Player 11." I've rolled back to WMP 10, but I still got the problem last night.

Fortunately, it only happens randomly, so I'm able to cry for help.

Ok... if anyone has any idea as to what is going on... please help me, I'm desperate. I think I restarted my computer more times last night than I've booted it up normally the past 2 months.

Last edited:

Hao Kaiser

Aww... Crap.
I did install a printer driver, but that was actually shortly after the problem started (I was in the progress of downloading it).

I also installed Half-Life and Steam on Sunday, but I had previously installed that almost a year ago, and I deleted it before the problem even started.

When I get home, I'll look for my XP disc and all that stuff... would recovery delete anything?