1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We are to experience downtime on Monday September 21st to bring the forums up to the latest version of the software. As this is a big forum, it'll take multiple hours to transfer and then rebuild the styles. We apologise for the inconvenience. In the meantime, you'll still be able to chat in the Serebii Discord
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Rather Urgent-Email cookies, possible viruses, acting really, really slow

Discussion in 'Technology Help' started by Golde, Sep 19, 2008.

1. Golde

Golde Always Searching~

Hi, me again, some serious, urgent problem. I loooked for an FAQ, but to no avail.

First my computer stated slowing down really fast, then my computer said some cookies had installed themselves on my computer, I know there was one called Greensreen, and a few more about keyboard strokes. It also said these were disguised as an email, which I did get some suspicious one a few days ago that looked like it was from a cell-phone, so foolishly enough I opened it (because I have a friend who occassionally sends me a essage via cellphone). And sometime after that, some critical level cookies istalled themselves.

Now, I tried downoading an antivirus, but my computer was so slow it glitched up, and now I can't even open the internet anymore. So, obviously, wondering what I should do here.

Also, what exactly does a system restore do to a computer, and is it agood choice in this position?

EDIT-Also I tried using CTR ALT Delte, and it said it is blocked by administrator, and I'm the only one who uses thi computer.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2008
  2. Golde

Golde Always Searching~

Um...well it said critical risk tracking cookie. So...I'm not sure about that.

I don't have antivirus because I'm an idiot. That about sums it up. Downloading one right now, since internet seems OK right now. And Norton doesn't work because you can only install it on so many computers.

What exactly does a system restore do, though?

EDIT-Sorry, it was a trojan. What exactly do I do to get rid of that and what is it?

Last edited: Sep 19, 2008
  3. Golde

Golde Always Searching~

Well, those tracking cookies, they're still deleted after I delete cookies, right?

And what about the trojans I have?

4. Golde

Golde Always Searching~

Ok, ok, good to know. But, again, apparantly I have some trojans that say they'll keep keystrokes and save sreen images? These aren't the cookies your talking about are they? The one's you said are harmless? If they are harmless, I'd still like to get rid of them, and if they're harmful, what can I do?

Yeah, I know nothing. Sorry.