• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ravenide's Pokemon Trainers!

Ravenide

Hora Region Trainer
Hello there! I'm a REALLY old member of Serebii who actually never posted back when I was like... 14. Haha! Decided to see how the forums were doing. Where are all the fakemon regions that used to be here? Weird. :eek:

ANYWAY, I make Pokemon Trainers in the XY and ORAS style. I hope you guys can check them out and let me know what you think. Currently, I've only seen 2-4 people doing this sort of thing all around the internet.

The spoiler tag has ALL my trainer art so far since I started experimenting with Pokemon Master Grey. As the list goes down, the art becomes more and more recent. I think I've been doing this thing for... 5 months now?

pokemon_master_grey_by_ravenide-d8etdew.png

Pokemon Master Grey

pokemon_master_kassie_by_ravenide-d8etm9n.png

Pokemon Master Kassie

pokemon_master_keith_by_ravenide-d8ewms6.png

Pokemon Master Keith

pokemon_master_leena_by_ravenide-d8ewbfm.png

Pokemon Master Leena

pokemon_master_manjean_by_ravenide-d8exbi6.png

Pokemon Master Manjean

pokemon_breeder_reesa_by_ravenide-d8exyxz.png

Pokemon Breeder Reesa

pokemon_mystic_circe_by_ravenide-d8f0tlb.png

Pokemon Mystic Circe

commander_charon_by_ravenide-d8f0xgx.png

Commander Charon

pokemon_trainer_valzion_by_ravenide-d8f5b7j.png

Pokemon Trainer Valzion

pokemon_trainer_olivia_by_ravenide-d8f5kz4.png

Pokemon Trainer Olivia

pokemon_trainer_miranda_by_ravenide-d8gufnm.png

Pokemon Trainer Miranda

pokemon_trainer_darius_by_ravenide-d8iin81.png

Pokemon Trainer Darius

pokemon_trainer_ramona_by_ravenide-d8in053.png

Pokemon Trainer Ramona

pokemon_trainer_val_by_ravenide-d8j1ava.png

Pokemon Trainer Val

pokemon_trainer_puck_by_ravenide-d8l4ux3.png

Pokemon Trainer Puck

team_magma_leader_aillin_by_ravenide-d8le371.png

Magma Leader Aillin

team_aqua_leader_nerissa_by_ravenide-d8lhpc2.png

Aqua Leader Nerissa

human_snag_machine_robin_by_ravenide-d8lhucv.png

Human Snag Machine Robin

pokemon_trainer_hanako_by_ravenide-d8lsbu1.png

Pokemon Trainer Hanako

pokemon_trainer_nami_by_ravenide-d8lsmtp.png

Pokemon Trainer Nami

minecraft_player_ravenzyre_by_ravenide-d8mj0en.png

Minecraft Player Ravenzyre

pokemon_trainer_fay_by_ravenide-d8mjwuo.png

Pokemon Trainer Fay

pokemon_trainer_jade_by_ravenide-d8mj4ra.png

Pokemon Trainer Jade

pokemon_trainer_althea_by_ravenide-d8mk938.png

Pokemon Trainer Althea

pokemon_trainer_magnolia_by_ravenide-d8mnjzu.png

Pokemon Trainer Magnolia

pokemon_trainer_kips_by_ravenide-d8mpl6b.png

Pokemon Trainer Kips

pokemon_trainer_valski_by_ravenide-d8msxyu.png

Pokemon Trainer Valski

pokemon_trainer_luke_by_ravenide-d8mtjd8.png

Pokemon Trainer Luke

pokemon_professor_rosewood_by_ravenide-d8mx926.png

Pokemon Professor Rosewood

pokemon_performer_serena_by_ravenide-d8nz8om.png

Pokemon Performer Serena

pokemon_trainer_licia_by_ravenide-d8oc6qy.png

Pokemon Trainer Licia

pokemon_trainer_luna_by_ravenide-d8oc6uq.png

Pokemon Trainer Luna

pokemon_trainer_noxte_by_ravenide-d8oc6tm.png

Pokemon Trainer Noxte

pokemon_trainer_lillian_by_ravenide-d8oc6wx.png

Pokemon Trainer Lillian

pokemon_trainer_omega_by_ravenide-d8oc6yc.png

Pokemon Trainer Omega

pokemon_trainer_nick_by_ravenide-d8oc707.png

Pokemon Trainer Nick

pokemon_trainer_chess_by_ravenide-d8pse1p.png

Pokemon Trainer Chess

pokemon_trainer_mattias_by_ravenide-d8pb19z.png

Pokemon Trainer Mattias

uQmEt1h.png

Pokemon Trainer Xion

coordinator_ren_by_ravenide-d8pseep.png

Pokemon Coordinator Ren

gym_leader_octavia_by_ravenide-d8pseh5.png

Gym Leader Octavia

pokemon_trainer_axel_by_ravenide-d8pseir.png

Pokemon Trainer Axel

pokemon_trainer_azure_by_ravenide-d8qhyyt.png

Pokemon Trainer Azure

pokemon_trainer_nbay_by_ravenide-d8qhz04.png

Pokemon Trainer Nbay

pokemon_ranger_niz_by_ravenide-d8s8gik.png

Pokemon Ranger Niz

pokemon_trainer_mars_by_ravenide-d8s8giw.png

Pokemon Trainer Mars

pokemon_trainer_smugleaf_by_ravenide-d8s8gh6.png

Pokemon Trainer Smugleaf

magma_leader_tomiko_by_ravenide-d8s8gpm.png

Magma Leader Tomiko

pokemon_trainer_wade_by_ravenide-d8ter48.png

Pokemon Trainer Wade

pokemon_trainer_reena_by_ravenide-d8y4de6.png

Pokemon Trainer Reena

pokemon_coordinator_may_by_ravenide-d8yjg6d.png
pokemon_coordinator_may__2__by_ravenide-d8yjh8q.png

Pokemon Coordinator May

gym_leader_misty_by_ravenide-d8z78dm.png

Gym Leader Misty

pokemon_trainer_sohrob_by_ravenide-d8zz6uh.png

Pokemon Trainer Sohrob

pokemon_trainer_dustin_by_ravenide-d8zz6za.png

Pokemon Trainer Dustin

pokekellz_by_ravenide-d8zz738.png

PokeKellz

pokemon_trainer_sravz_by_ravenide-d8zz8ll.png

Pokemon Trainer Sravz

Ul8c4Kq.png

Pokemon Trainer Bridget

pokemon_trainer_riviere_by_ravenide-d92fyzh.png

Pokemon Trainer Riviere

pokemon_trainer_tatsu_by_ravenide-d91ltwv.png

Pokemon Trainer Tatsu

pokemon_trainer_ash_by_ravenide-d92ufqi.png

Pokemon "Master" Ash

pokemon_trainer_titus_mugshot_by_ravenide-d92uoia.png

Pokemon Trainer Titus

pokemon_coordinator_dawn_by_ravenide-d93a064.png
pokemon_coordinator_dawn__2__by_ravenide-d93a07y.png

Pokemon Coordinator Dawn

pokemon_trainer_alain_by_ravenide-d93leoe.png

Pokemon Trainer Alain​

Did you make it through? Haha! How's the art?

Bert

Untitled
They look very 'genuine' to me, in terms of style. I'm really worth next to nothing as a critic for anything except sprites but they really look like they came straight out of the games. I would suggest you try to develop your own style somehow, instead of sticking to the general canvas that Nintendo/Gamefreak established, as I'd love to see what you could do with your undeniable skills if you just let your imagination run wild.

You said you've been doing this for 5 months, so I'm assuming the first one is about that old. But you must have some experience with digital drawing before creating that one, right? So how long have you been an artist, exactly? Just curious. :) I'd love to get into whatever you use to make these, but for some reason I lack the talent and patience to practice, so I guess I'll stick with spriting instead. :p

Ravenide

Hora Region Trainer
They look very 'genuine' to me, in terms of style. I'm really worth next to nothing as a critic for anything except sprites but they really look like they came straight out of the games. I would suggest you try to develop your own style somehow, instead of sticking to the general canvas that Nintendo/Gamefreak established, as I'd love to see what you could do with your undeniable skills if you just let your imagination run wild.

You said you've been doing this for 5 months, so I'm assuming the first one is about that old. But you must have some experience with digital drawing before creating that one, right? So how long have you been an artist, exactly? Just curious. :) I'd love to get into whatever you do but for some reason I lack the talent and patience to practice, so I guess I'll stick with spriting instead. :p

Hey there, Bert! I started spriting when I was 10 or so. I do actually have my own style which is on my deviantART. You can search RAVENIDE and I'm sure you'll find some stuff. Here's an example of the style I've been developing for myself. :)

height_by_ravenide-d8uyqu7.png

Bert

Untitled
Some great stuff there man, I really like the guys with the cubiform heads on your DeviantArt. You said you have some spriting experience as well, I'd love to see some of those actually!

Ravenide

Hora Region Trainer
Some great stuff there man, I really like the guys with the cubiform heads on your DeviantArt. You said you have some spriting experience as well, I'd love to see some of those actually!

Haha! Those cube-guys are actually paid Minecraft commissions. People tend to pay me to draw their own characters so they can use them as avatars and such. xD

Sure thing! Here's my favorite fakemon from way back! On the left is the latest version of Hydrogon. On the right is the 2008 version.
hydrogon__animated__by_ravenide-d82i4b5.gif
Hydrogon.gif

Bert

Untitled
Haha! Those cube-guys are actually paid Minecraft commissions. People tend to pay me to draw their own characters so they can use them as avatars and such. xD

Sure thing! Here's my favorite fakemon from way back! On the left is the latest version of Hydrogon. On the right is the 2008 version.
hydrogon__animated__by_ravenide-d82i4b5.gif
Hydrogon.gif

Now there's something I can say something relevant about!

First, I really dig the design of this one, and the animated effect on the left one is very well done. You're also way better at scratching than me, apparently, although I don't usually attempt such large scratch pieces. :p I have to say they're a little big (especially the left one) for a sprite, but that can work if you were to smoothen the outline a little bit. Especially the tail looks a bit crooked in some places and the legs could use some work as well. Also, I'd a few extra shades - especially in the gold part - to match the size. I'd particularly look to add some shades between the ones you already use, and use those to smoothen the transition and give it a lot more depth.

Ravenide

Hora Region Trainer
Now there's something I can say something relevant about!

First, I really dig the design of this one, and the animated effect on the left one is very well done. You're also way better at scratching than me, apparently, although I don't usually attempt such large scratch pieces. :p I have to say they're a little big (especially the left one) for a sprite, but that can work if you were to smoothen the outline a little bit. Especially the tail looks a bit crooked in some places and the legs could use some work as well. Also, I'd a few extra shades - especially in the gold part - to match the size. I'd particularly look to add some shades between the ones you already use, and use those to smoothen the transition and give it a lot more depth.

Perhaps when I work on another update for him, haha. I haven't sprited in a while, come to think of it. But yeah, I never noticed the jagged pixels on the tail!

The size limit was sort of confining for me, so I increased it a bit just for my own personal sprites. I had a hard time making a giant water dragon under 100 pixels. xD

Thanks for the critique! Been a while since I've gotten those, haha! For now, I'm going to bed, as it's 3 in the morning. Cheers! :D

AmericanPi

Write on
Wow, your art is really, really good! From what I can see on this thread you're a really versatile artist. You have your own-style artworks (which are great), your Sugimori-style artworks (which are super cool and a lot like actual Sugimori art), and your sprites (which are very unique and creative). You're a really creative artist as well. Your trainers are interesting and full of life. I love their poses and their facial expressions. The Fakemon you shared with us looks super cool. I especially love the animated sprite.

That said, there are a few things you can potentially work on. I've noticed that your Sugimori-style trainers got better and better the more you drew them, so some of the stuff I'm going to say probably only applies to some of the earlier trainers. In some parts of the artwork I've noticed that the lineart is rougher than in other parts of the artwork. This makes the artwork as a whole look a little inconsistent, because there's rough lineart next to smooth lineart. Also, some of the older artworks are a bit rough and pixilated around the edges. I personally have zero experience with digital art and I don't know how to fix that, but I just thought I'd point that out so you're aware of it.

Quick question, aside from the canon characters (Ash, May, Dawn, etc.) are all of these trainers original characters of your creation? If so, you may find it fun and interesting to create profiles for them. For example, what is your character's personality? Where is she from, and what is his background? What are his Pokemon, and is there a significance to what she is wearing? Personally I love to really reflect on everything I draw and I think it really helps me flesh out my characters and get to know them better. Plus, it's really fun. This applies to Fakemon too; I love to give my Fakemon moves, abilities, and stats.

Of course, not all artists like to do what I like to do, and it's up to you whether you want to expand on your creations or not. Some artists don't, and it's totally fine! I was just throwing a suggestion out there.

Overall, your art is really, really nice and I hope you'll keep what I said in mind and keep doing art. Keep up the good work! :)

- Pi

Ravenide

Hora Region Trainer
Wow, your art is really, really good! From what I can see on this thread you're a really versatile artist. You have your own-style artworks (which are great), your Sugimori-style artworks (which are super cool and a lot like actual Sugimori art), and your sprites (which are very unique and creative). You're a really creative artist as well. Your trainers are interesting and full of life. I love their poses and their facial expressions. The Fakemon you shared with us looks super cool. I especially love the animated sprite.

That said, there are a few things you can potentially work on. I've noticed that your Sugimori-style trainers got better and better the more you drew them, so some of the stuff I'm going to say probably only applies to some of the earlier trainers. In some parts of the artwork I've noticed that the lineart is rougher than in other parts of the artwork. This makes the artwork as a whole look a little inconsistent, because there's rough lineart next to smooth lineart. Also, some of the older artworks are a bit rough and pixilated around the edges. I personally have zero experience with digital art and I don't know how to fix that, but I just thought I'd point that out so you're aware of it.

Quick question, aside from the canon characters (Ash, May, Dawn, etc.) are all of these trainers original characters of your creation? If so, you may find it fun and interesting to create profiles for them. For example, what is your character's personality? Where is she from, and what is his background? What are his Pokemon, and is there a significance to what she is wearing? Personally I love to really reflect on everything I draw and I think it really helps me flesh out my characters and get to know them better. Plus, it's really fun. This applies to Fakemon too; I love to give my Fakemon moves, abilities, and stats.

Of course, not all artists like to do what I like to do, and it's up to you whether you want to expand on your creations or not. Some artists don't, and it's totally fine! I was just throwing a suggestion out there.

Overall, your art is really, really nice and I hope you'll keep what I said in mind and keep doing art. Keep up the good work! :)

- Pi

Hey thanks, I'm glad you like them! Only a handful of them are actually my own characters, though- Grey, Kassie, Leena, Keith, Axel, Octavia, Val, Luke, and Rosewood to be exact. The others were paid commissions. :)

Yeah! I love giving my characters backstories! They have their own personalities and backgrounds! :D

Negrek

Lost but Seeking
These are really cool! I love what a big diversity of character types you've got going on here, although I guess if they're mostly commissions, that's not really on you, heh. But you did a really nice job with all the different designs, and I think they would look great in an actual game.

Only thing I would say is the eyes seem kinda off to me at times. Like on the Dawn/Titus sprites, the eyes seem kinda... JPEGgy? Like, a little blurry, almost like they're at a different resolution than the rest of the image. On the Misty/Ash sprites, the eyes look like they're not quite at the right angle to me.

Anyway, this is definitely a great idea, and you've done good stuff with it so far!