1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Rayquaza with V-create?

Discussion in 'Older Gens' started by thatjeremykid, Jan 20, 2012.

1. thatjeremykid

thatjeremykid .Memento.Mori.

this Rayquaza giveaway. if we get it in america, how good will that be in Ubers (assuming you're lucky enough to get a good nature, like i was with Victini ADAMANT FTW)? i hope we get that here anyways.

2. This? If so, then it's a cool move, but I don't know how much use it'd actually see.

3. overlordmewtwo

overlordmewtwo Supreme Overlord

I personally would like a Rayquaza with V-Create. I like the move, and Rayquaza could put it to a decent use.

4. girazard

girazard IT'S A TRAP!!!

This would be best on a choiced set or with Swords Dance. You would just switch out after a V Create anyway, and with Extremespeed you can hammer anything trying to revenge you. Too bad it's not sun-boosted, but at least it's not weakened by rain.

5. Using it in the sun would be ideal, as it'd give it a pseudo-stab, and Ray has either 390 something or 438 Atk, depending on nature.

6. zapto369

zapto369 Because I'm Worth It

Using it in the sun wouldn't work because of Air Lock.

7. GokuRikaku

GokuRikaku Derp

While that does sounds nice, I think you're forgetting about Rayquaza's ability Air Lock. It will kill the power boost that you would get from the sun unless you have a way to change/disable that ability.

8. AquaRegisteel

AquaRegisteel Face Oblivion

I think this means that Overheat will see less use when this comes out globally. Whatever way, it'll be an interesting thing to see.

9. Yeah, I just realized that <_<; talk about GF trolling. Regardless, an 180 BP Fire move coming off of 150 Base Atk is still pretty good.

10. zapto369

zapto369 Because I'm Worth It

I posted it first :p

And definitely, it's a powerful attack either way.

11. Cool Boy

Cool Boy Be fearless

Wow Rayquaza with v-create!! Its going to be epic

12. Rezzo

Rezzo Donkey Kong is here

Not a lot of Pokemon in the Uber Metagame are weak to Fire type attacks. You would be hard pressed to see a OHKO happening.

13. Blue Harvest

Blue Harvest Banned

LO V-Create Does 80% minimum to physical Skarmory with no investment. It also OHKOs Ferrothorn / Bronzong / Jirachi.

Draco Meteor / V-Create / Extremespeed / Outrage could be a pretty good mixed set.

14. M4zz

M4zz Banned

It definitely makes a Choice Band set on Rayquaza all the more viable for sure. although, I don't see it doing much to really change how the Metagame functions. It still can't effectively touch the bulky sets of Kyogre.

15. Eliteknight

Eliteknight S.L.Y.

it would boost rayquaza's already massive physical prowess

16. Shneak

Shneak THE LAST STARDUST

The attack can definitely give new options to Rayquaza. It doesn't necessarily need the defences, and a huge BP move in the sun would destroy.

17. thatjeremykid

thatjeremykid .Memento.Mori.

Air Lock. 10char

18. Wow. We have Flareon over here just begging for a strong Fire STAB, and Rayquaza of all things gets V-Create...

This is pretty crazy, though. The cool thing is that Rayquaza doesn't even need the stats that V-Create drops all that badly. 105/90/90 defenses are nice, but it's not enough to survive some of the more powerful attacks in Ubers very easily, so it doesn't mind the defense drops. Extremespeed also somewhat makes up for the speed problem.

Man, this thing is going to be crazy. I might actually start playing Ubers again. Nothing would be able to switch easily into a CB set at all. Even Balloon Tran can be 2HKOd by Outrage.

19. Archstaraptor

Archstaraptor devolved.

V-Create would be awesome against Steel and Ice types-which can usually cause Rayquaza some hassle.
    There are-of course-water types which have access to Ice moves,but still,
    V-create is a brilliant move and I think Rayquaza could use it effectively-it gives it some really nice new coverage.

20. dragonuser™

dragonuser™ the greatest crisis

i could see this being used on a dd set/ choiced set. I feel like choice rayquaza may get some more usage bcuz of this move