• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rayquaza with V-create?

It only has base 95 speed; it's easy to revenge kill at the least. Swift Swimmers outspeed it. Giratina can take its hits well enough and Burn it. Dialga is neutral to Dragon and Fire.

Dialga takes 78% - 91.8% from V-Create or Outrage. A LO mixed set KOs with V-create + Extremespeed

123fakestreet

Metalopolis King
It only has base 95 speed; it's easy to revenge kill at the least. Swift Swimmers outspeed it. Giratina can take its hits well enough and Burn it. Dialga is neutral to Dragon and Fire.

Agreed apart from swift swim. Air lock nulifies rain while rayquaza is out. Quaza SD and DD sets ran overheat for steels anyway and was still OHKOing them. And even if they outrage they are still locked in and going to die / get stalled. Giratina and dialga can still stay around atleast 1 hit as stated and cripple / kill. V create will actually be used even less than overheat it. The only real use for this is choice band.

Wolf Prince

Lycan Seraph
If rayquaza get's Baton pass from either smeargle or Ninjask i'm sure he could Abuse V-create with the speed boost.It would really bring a hard time to the uber players who don't have a whirlwind/Roar moves.

123fakestreet

Metalopolis King
If rayquaza get's Baton pass from either smeargle or Ninjask i'm sure he could Abuse V-create with the speed boost.It would really bring a hard time to the uber players who don't have a whirlwind/Roar moves.

That is pretty much pointless as he is outclassed greatly by Dialga for his steel typing letting him resist bullet punch / extremespeed. He also isnt 2x weak to SR. Dialga is the king of ubers baton pass. Even then every team has a simple and effective method to deal with smash pass / ninjask.

Except Dragon Tail, Whirlwind, and Roar all are fairly common in Ubers. And Ninjask sucks.

Sanitarium

BB, CC, GG
Rayquaza with miss V-create suck ***..
Fire blast & Overheat is far more useful to demolish skarm/ferro/other bulky steel type without sacrificing its speed, even after a DD, +1 speed is too valuable for a V-Create.

irock245

She wants it
Rayquaza with miss V-create suck ***..
Fire blast & Overheat is far more useful to demolish skarm/ferro/other bulky steel type without sacrificing its speed, even after a DD, +1 speed is too valuable for a V-Create.

Who the heck would use DD with v-create. It's band or nothing, which OHKO's ferro and other steel types. Somebody give me calcs on a banded v-create on impish skarm.

Ciliano

As soon as possible I am guaranteed Perfect IV's Adamant and Jolly Rayquaza because my cousin has Japanese versions of the game and is registered on Japanese global link using a japanese ds (He could care less, being fluent in Japanese) plus he can RNG DW pokes. I fully expect to be majorly underwhlemed by its power.

@Ciliano: Are you stupid? DD is one of the few viable sets for it. Besides a risky trick room and decent swords dance.

No, I'm not stupid. Read my post again and think carefully about what I said.

Aurath8

Who the heck would use DD with v-create. It's band or nothing, which OHKO's ferro and other steel types. Somebody give me calcs on a banded v-create on impish skarm.

BandQuaza V-Create vs. Max Defence Impish Skarmory = 122.2% - 143.7%

In other words it OHKOes every Steel bar Heatran, Bastiodon and Aggron which are all x4 weak to EQ and are 2KOed by V-Create/Outrage anyway.
Allow me to re-iterate that nothing can safely switch in on BandQuaza.

thatjeremykid

.Memento.Mori.
So Victini was given away with Fusion Bolt, and Mewtwo is gonna have Electro Ball.. do you think they're trying to change Ubers from being totally Kyogre-dominant? lol

Zachmac

So Victini was given away with Fusion Bolt, and Mewtwo is gonna have Electro Ball.. do you think they're trying to change Ubers from being totally Kyogre-dominant? lol
Nope. Victini isn't really Uber worthy, and Mewtwo can't really put Electro Ball to good use. 130 base speed is fast and all, but it won't really be fast enough to put a dent in base 90 pokemon, especially if it has 140 special defense.

Edit: Did a calc. A max speed life orb Mewtwo will take away 39-46% of the standard choice specs Kyogre's health. A 3HKO. Oh, and it said that Electro ball would have 60 base power, so why not use Thunder/Thunderbolt?
Edit 2: I put in a modest nature by mistake, I'll do another calc...35-42% of it's health. The same speed, as entering base speeds is something you have to do without selecting EVs/Nature on my calculator, so it's still base 60 power.

thatjeremykid

.Memento.Mori.
Nope. Victini isn't really Uber worthy, and Mewtwo can't really put Electro Ball to good use. 130 base speed is fast and all, but it won't really be fast enough to put a dent in base 90 pokemon, especially if it has 140 special defense.

Edit: Did a calc. A max speed life orb Mewtwo will take away 39-46% of the standard choice specs Kyogre's health. A 3HKO. Oh, and it said that Electro ball would have 60 base power, so why not use Thunder/Thunderbolt?
Edit 2: I put in a modest nature by mistake, I'll do another calc...35-42% of it's health. The same speed, as entering base speeds is something you have to do without selecting EVs/Nature on my calculator, so it's still base 60 power.

Ah, yea okay. makes sense. I don't play Ubers really anyways, it was just a thought

waytothedawn

The only reason for Mewtwo to have Electro Ball is if you play the newly popular Ruuber match where you have 5 RU and 1 Uber. In that mewtwo would be able to take out annoying things that are slow and bulky, cause you don't wanna be slow against a Mewtwo that knows Electro Ball. Also I see V-Create Rayquaza as either a choice band or life orb set as was previously mentioned. remember that V-Create has that massive 180 base power and a max beneficial nature on attack gives Rayquaza 438 attack, give that a choice band and essentially a lot of the Uber metagame is crying and pleading. Sure there are key ones that resist v-create but even then they don't wanna take a choice band stab outrage. As stated before, watch out for choice band rayquaza unless your name is Kyogre, giratina, lugia (especially when the DW one comes out), or Palkia and you manage to switch in on a move that you resist. Palkia is 4X resistant to V-Create, which is the only reason for it being named here.

multi-scale

In theory, Scarf V-Create makes sense, since the speed drop is cancelled by the scarf, allowing 2 uses before you actually lose your speed. However, the power drop is significant if you don't use Choice Band, not to mention base 95 speed is easy to revenge kill.

Serpentine

Pokemon Breeder
Using it in the sun wouldn't work because of Air Lock.
Partner it with a Lilligant with Own Tempo. I don't know how Air Lock works, but if you get rid of it are you prevented from using weather? Because if Lilligant uses Entertainment on Rayquaza it could get Own Tempo and you can teach it Outrage too and it'll be deadly.

Ferrothorn?

Can Ferrothorn take a V-Create from a Kyogre in the rain?

Partner it with a Lilligant with Own Tempo. I don't know how Air Lock works, but if you get rid of it are you prevented from using weather? Because if Lilligant uses Entertainment on Rayquaza it could get Own Tempo and you can teach it Outrage too and it'll be deadly.

How Airlock works: It doesn't stop anyone from changing the weather. It can be sunny but as long as someone with Airlock is out no one will get the boost from the weather so V-Create and any other fire-type move will do normal damage. Solarbeam needs to wait a turn to charge. Castform will return to normal. I think you get it now.

As for Lilligant teaming up with Rayquaza just for Own Tempo, is that a good idea? Will Lilligant be able to pull it off before getting a hit and most likely faint? Can Outrage be reliable in doubles since you can't control your target?

Can Ferrothorn take a V-Create from a Kyogre in the rain?

A 4 Atk neutral nature Kyorge with Specs/Scarf/Leftovers (the most common items) in the Rain 2HKOs the standard Ubers Ferrothorn with V-Create. Of course, Ferrothorn easily OHKOs with Power Whip after the Def drop, but it's better than 3-4HKOing with Ice Beam at the very best.

Vandslaux

Rayquaza would be a bad Baton Pass recipient, due to it's weakness to Dragon and 4x weak to Ice, and I can see people bringing in a Palkia on Gorebyss. Every SmashPass Uber team I've seen has had Dragon Pulse/Flamethrower/Thunder/Aura Sphere Dialga.