• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rayquaza with V-create?

thatjeremykid

.Memento.Mori.
this Rayquaza giveaway. if we get it in america, how good will that be in Ubers (assuming you're lucky enough to get a good nature, like i was with Victini ADAMANT FTW)? i hope we get that here anyways.

overlordmewtwo

Supreme Overlord
I personally would like a Rayquaza with V-Create. I like the move, and Rayquaza could put it to a decent use.

girazard

IT'S A TRAP!!!
This would be best on a choiced set or with Swords Dance. You would just switch out after a V Create anyway, and with Extremespeed you can hammer anything trying to revenge you. Too bad it's not sun-boosted, but at least it's not weakened by rain.

Using it in the sun would be ideal, as it'd give it a pseudo-stab, and Ray has either 390 something or 438 Atk, depending on nature.

zapto369

Because I'm Worth It
Using it in the sun would be ideal, as it'd give it a pseudo-stab, and Ray has either 390 something or 438 Atk, depending on nature.

Using it in the sun wouldn't work because of Air Lock.

While that does sounds nice, I think you're forgetting about Rayquaza's ability Air Lock. It will kill the power boost that you would get from the sun unless you have a way to change/disable that ability.

AquaRegisteel

Face Oblivion
I think this means that Overheat will see less use when this comes out globally. Whatever way, it'll be an interesting thing to see.

Using it in the sun wouldn't work because of Air Lock.

While that does sounds nice, I think you're forgetting about Rayquaza's ability Air Lock. It will kill the power boost that you would get from the sun unless you have a way to change/disable that ability.

Yeah, I just realized that <_<; talk about GF trolling. Regardless, an 180 BP Fire move coming off of 150 Base Atk is still pretty good.

zapto369

Because I'm Worth It
Yeah, I just realized that <_<; talk about GF trolling. Regardless, an 180 BP Fire move coming off of 150 Base Atk is still pretty good.

I posted it first :p

And definitely, it's a powerful attack either way.

Cool Boy

Be fearless
Wow Rayquaza with v-create!! Its going to be epic

LO V-Create Does 80% minimum to physical Skarmory with no investment. It also OHKOs Ferrothorn / Bronzong / Jirachi.

Draco Meteor / V-Create / Extremespeed / Outrage could be a pretty good mixed set.

M4zz

Banned
It definitely makes a Choice Band set on Rayquaza all the more viable for sure. although, I don't see it doing much to really change how the Metagame functions. It still can't effectively touch the bulky sets of Kyogre.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
The attack can definitely give new options to Rayquaza. It doesn't necessarily need the defences, and a huge BP move in the sun would destroy.

thatjeremykid

.Memento.Mori.
The attack can definitely give new options to Rayquaza. It doesn't necessarily need the defences, and a huge BP move in the sun would destroy.

Air Lock. 10char

Wow. We have Flareon over here just begging for a strong Fire STAB, and Rayquaza of all things gets V-Create...

This is pretty crazy, though. The cool thing is that Rayquaza doesn't even need the stats that V-Create drops all that badly. 105/90/90 defenses are nice, but it's not enough to survive some of the more powerful attacks in Ubers very easily, so it doesn't mind the defense drops. Extremespeed also somewhat makes up for the speed problem.

Man, this thing is going to be crazy. I might actually start playing Ubers again. Nothing would be able to switch easily into a CB set at all. Even Balloon Tran can be 2HKOd by Outrage.

Archstaraptor

Team Builder / RMT
Not a lot of Pokemon in the Uber Metagame are weak to Fire type attacks. You would be hard pressed to see a OHKO happening.

V-Create would be awesome against Steel and Ice types-which can usually cause Rayquaza some hassle.
There are-of course-water types which have access to Ice moves,but still,
V-create is a brilliant move and I think Rayquaza could use it effectively-it gives it some really nice new coverage.

dragonuser™

the greatest crisis
i could see this being used on a dd set/ choiced set. I feel like choice rayquaza may get some more usage bcuz of this move