• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rayquaza with V-create?

Serpentine

Pokemon Breeder
Can Ferrothorn take a V-Create from a Kyogre in the rain?

How Airlock works: It doesn't stop anyone from changing the weather. It can be sunny but as long as someone with Airlock is out no one will get the boost from the weather so V-Create and any other fire-type move will do normal damage. Solarbeam needs to wait a turn to charge. Castform will return to normal. I think you get it now.

As for Lilligant teaming up with Rayquaza just for Own Tempo, is that a good idea? Will Lilligant be able to pull it off before getting a hit and most likely faint? Can Outrage be reliable in doubles since you can't control your target?
Let's see.... Um.... Mew Baton Pass Spd, Def, Sp Def to Lilligant, then maybe? Grass can hit Terrakion, Kyogre, Manaphy, Groudon. Neutral on Excadril, Garchomp, Palkia.

Outrage attacks the last Pokemon to attack. It shouldn't be too hard to figure out which will get hit.

Wolf Prince

Lycan Seraph
I would really run rayquaza as a mixed attacker, and after it recieves a Baton pass from either Gorebyss ninjask or smeargle. It will be a possible sweeper. Life orb, Dragon claw,V-create,Surf,Thunderbolt.
That would be the most likely set i would give it.

Zachmac

I would really run rayquaza as a mixed attacker, and after it recieves a Baton pass from either Gorebyss ninjask or smeargle. It will be a possible sweeper. Life orb, Dragon claw,V-create,Surf,Thunderbolt.
That would be the most likely set i would give it.
If it's getting a shell smash, why not run Fire Blast so it won't be outsped by scarfers? It would be at +2 special attack anyway.

tleon

in essence it would tear through uber walls and switch ins also if it has dragon dance the speed drop wouldn't do anything and it could sweep with ease

thatjeremykid

.Memento.Mori.
kinda wishing the nobunagaquaza was distributed with V-create. but whatever. i guess since Quaza already has Sp. Fire attacks, V-create doesn't do TOO much for it, unless you're running a physical only set. Mixed Quaza would use it pretty well with Draco Meteor on the set too.

Zachmac

in essence it would tear through uber walls and switch ins also if it has dragon dance the speed drop wouldn't do anything and it could sweep with ease
The main reason to run Dragon Dance over Swords Dance is so you get a speedy sweeper, though. V-create ruins that.

It's better to run Overheat or Fire Blast on dragon dance sets.

V-create will allow rayquaza to be more of a unpredictable sweeper it can go either mixed physical or special and have perfect coverage now

the main way to use v-creat imo is to give it max spe and then sweep with other moves and v-create when it is required

battle171

New Gen, Go!
V-Create is weird on Rayquaza. Weird in the sense that Rayquaza can use it without ever needing to fear V-Create being weakened by the rain, but never getting the boost from the sun.

RDSchley

The Anti-Hero
Was going to say it'll help stop Grass - Arceus from crapping all over your weather inducer. But then I remembered Arceus has 120 speed :(

AquaRegisteel

Face Oblivion
To be truthfully honest, V-Create isn't a great move on Rayquaza. Overheat and Fire Blast hit lots of things hard like V-Create does and have no drops (apart from Overheat). DD sets are sorta redundant with a speed-lowering move, not to mention that 150 SAtk is great.

V-create should only be used on choice sets IMO, as the stat drops include speed, and Rayquaza generally needs as much speed as possible.

V-Create / Outrage / Draco Meteor / Extremespeed.

1-2HKOs every single Pokemon in Ubers... besides Heatran I guess.

Ultimate Champion

The Great Pokémon Master
To be truthfully honest, V-Create isn't a great move on Rayquaza. Overheat and Fire Blast hit lots of things hard like V-Create does and have no drops (apart from Overheat). DD sets are sorta redundant with a speed-lowering move, not to mention that 150 SAtk is great.

But without V-create, can Rayquaza, after a Swords Dance, destroy Groudon and Arceus in one hit without locking itself into Outrage for 2-3 turns, and thus rendering itself unable to use ExtremeSpeed during those turns, and therefore leave itself open to being revenge-killed by any faster dragon?

Another benefit of V-create that I can think of lies in the sheer difference in power between this move after a Swords Dance and Overheat. From my experience, many trainers, especially users of stall teams, like to play mindgames against Swords Dance Rayquaza, by switching back and forth between their own Pokémon, trying to wear down Rayquaza with its Life Orb recoil as well as tricking the Sky High Pokémon into hitting their Ferrothorn's Iron Barbs on the switch with Dragon Claw or ExtremeSpeed (as you can observe my opponent attempting to do in this replay), baiting it into using Overheat by sending out their Ferrothorn, Forretress or Skarmory only to switch to a Pokémon that resists Fire-type moves, and in effect cutting the power of Rayquaza's Overheat in half while making the dragon suffer Life Orb damage in exchange for dealing a pitiful amount of damage on that turn, having their Ferrothorn staying in against Rayquaza to Leech Seed it while predicting Rayquaza to use Dragon Claw instead of Overheat in an attempt to predict a switch, and then stalling it with Protect, and things like that. However, with V-create as Rayquaza's move of choice for dealing with Steel-type Pokémon, I think the Dragon/Flying-type Pokémon would find itself experiencing a much easier time in this situation, as even in the event that the opponent withdraws their Steel-type Pokémon from Rayquaza and sends in something that resists Fire-type moves, even that Pokémon would be unlikely to enjoy taking a +2 V-create on the switch, and would even be pretty much certainly finished off by an ExtremeSpeed on the following turn.

V-create should only be used on choice sets IMO, as the stat drops include speed, and Rayquaza generally needs as much speed as possible.

Considering ExtremeSpeed is Swords Dance Rayquaza's main attack, Rayquaza hardly needs Speed with that moveset, as after using V-create to destroy that which neither Dragon Claw nor ExtremeSpeed can take out in one hit after a Swords Dance, the Sky High Pokémon can then continue sweeping with ExtremeSpeed anyway.

TrollFreak

Pit is Awesome :P