• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rayt mah t33m

Noheart

The Abysswalker
Okay, this is my first team meant for OU play. RMT!

jolteon.png

Jolteon @ Focus Sash
Timid | 252 SpA, 252 Spe, 6 Def | Volt Absorb
~T-Bolt
~HP Ice
~Agility
~Baton Pass
My BP lead. T-Bolt for STAB and HP Ice for coverage, Agility + BP to help out a majority of my team to sweep. Focus Sash allows me to survive Scarf Leads, which have been somewhat common lately, and I outspeed them after One agility, giving me the chance to Baton Pass safely.

rampardos.png

Rampardos @ Focus Sash
Adamant | 252 Attack, 252 Spe, 6 Def | Mold Breaker
~Head Smash
~Zen Headbutt
~Crunch
~EQ
This thing is a total monster when it is BP'd a single agility from Jolteon. I have all attacks in this set to give it an adequate amount of type-coverage. Focus Sash to ensure it survives when it is Baton Passed to, then sweep.

magmortar.png

Magmortar @ Life Orb
Modest | 252 SpA, 252 Spe, 6 HP | Flame Body
~Flamethrower
~Focus Blast
~T-Bolt
~HP Ice
Another Pokemon that benefits a lot when baton passed an Agility from Jolteon. Again, all attacks for coverage, but because of it's somewhat-OK defenses, I think I can Baton Pass it to it freely without it fainting. So I gave it a LO.

Gyarados.png

Gyarados @ Leftovers
Adamant | 252 Atk, 252 Spe, 6 HP | Intimidate
~Waterfall
~Ice Fang
~Stone Edge
~Dragon Dance
Gyarados is my Trump Card when I find myself stuck and not able to Baton Pass freely with Jolteon. Again, he is a possible candidate for an Agility, but because of the reason I've stated above, I've made this a DD set. Pretty Standard if you ask me, nothing much to say.

forretress.png

Forretress @ Leftovers
Impish | 252 HP, 162 Attack, 96 Def | Sturdy
~Toxic Spikes
~EQ
~Rapid Spin
~Explosion
Lolstandardset. Sets up T-Spikes, Rapidly Spins in place to blow those annoying rocks away, EQ for that pesky Magnezone, and Explode when I feel I'm done.

umbreon.png

Umbreon @ Leftovers
Careful | 252 HP, 252 SpD, 6 Def | Synchronize
~Wish
~Yawn
~Protect
~Toxic
My Special Wall AND annoyer. I'm not afraid of taunt, because when yo usee a Gyara switch in on an Umbreon, you know he's going to taunt you. So you just switch, yeah? Anyway, this guy can be very annoying. Yawn forces switches, and Protect helps the effect of Wish and helps you Toxic Stall. Yeah.

All ( RESPECTFUL ) comments and suggestions are greatly appreaciated. ^^​

( credit to Arkeis.com for the images )​

randomspot555

Baton Passing speed to two other Pokemon that are ALSO weak to ground is not a good idea. It'll lead to a KO on Magmortar, and Focus Sash activation on Rampardos.

Noheart

The Abysswalker
Hence the part where I said "Gyarados is also viable".

I know about my ground weakness, and there's Forretress to switch to also.

Reno

so adorable...
His point was that it is a risky Baton Pass. Also, running Head Smash on a user of Focus Sash is backwards. Use Stone Edge, or use Relicanth. I also do not like Focus Sash on Rampardos anyway. Stealth Rock will be set up in the first two turns normally, meaning Rampardos has no Focus Sash after the Baton Pass.

Hidden Power Grass is an option over Ice on Magmortar. You don't have a way to beat Swampert that I can see, so it is an option.

I personally do not think teams are built with much thought when they lack key resists such as Rock. It basically means you are Tyranitar weak. Tyranitar weak means you really haven't thought much about threats.

Deboog

Seribii Staff...rly!
I've used rock Polish Ramparados before and I know that it is destroyed by priority which is common. Having a Jolteon being a suicide lead to set up for a suicide sweep is a bit risky. If Ramparados is killed by priority then Jolteon was waisted and will probably never get to set up again. Also, never put explosion on your spinner. It is just stupid. If you blow up your spinner then they are free to set up rocks and you won't even be able to switch in Jolteon.

Reno

so adorable...
I've used rock Polish Ramparados before and I know that it is destroyed by priority which is common. Having a Jolteon being a suicide lead to set up for a suicide sweep is a bit risky. If Ramparados is killed by priority then Jolteon was waisted and will probably never get to set up again. Also, never put explosion on your spinner. It is just stupid. If you blow up your spinner then they are free to set up rocks and you won't even be able to switch in Jolteon.

Most Stealth Rock users are suicide leads, so as soon as you Rapid Spin Stealth Rock away, it won't come back. Explosion is fine, as it gives you a loose insurance policy against certain threats.

Rad3n

Banned
There's not much to say that hasn't been said other than that your Umbreon is silly. You say that it Toxic stalls but it lacks the defences to do that on its own. Even then you're walled by steels. There isn't anything that a Vaporeon can't do better. Vaporeon even helps a little with your various weaks.

Your lack of priority, crippling status or a choice scarf user leaves you very open to opposing sweeps. This is especially true thanks to the offensive nature of your team. You don't even have a reliable way to force out Heatran.

With no way to initiate stealth rock (toxic spikes are the worst entry hazard on an offensive team), you leave your primary sweepers open to being counter-sashed. Stealth Rock is more useful because it always does damage - thus breaking sashes. Either replace Forry altogether or give it SR > TS.

~sorry for the bum of a rate...

randomspot555

Hence the part where I said "Gyarados is also viable".

I know about my ground weakness, and there's Forretress to switch to also.

But there's not much point in BPing to Gyarados since it can set up on it's own, and it needs a boost in both speed AND attack to utilize the set you have. If you want it to receive a BP of Agility, use the Choice Band set.

You also rely on the Agility boost from Jolteon for 3 Pokemon, and there's no way to get it to all of them. What's the strategy when they don't get it, or when BP fails altogether?

Your OP seems to say that Mag and Rampardos are the preferred ones, and since you made the point, I felt that I should point it out as part of my rate. So really, Gyarados isn't also an option, it's the ONLY option.

You also say that you'll just switch out if Gyarados threatens a Taunt on Umbreon. But there's nothing you have that can switch in on Gyarados. Almost everyone else has set up moves, and Ramparados and Magmortar (the only WITHOUT set up) shouldn't be coming in on Gyarados anyway.

Noheart

The Abysswalker
Hot damn, this team sucks. I just want to know that all of you saw the part of my post saying I'm new to the OU envirement, right?
Also, Magmortar's FB OHKO's TTar

Do any of you suggest specific replacements? You're all giving me great strategies, but I don't know who to use to utilize them correctly. =/

Last edited:

Reno

so adorable...
Hot damn, this team sucks. I just want to know that all of you saw the part of my post saying I'm new to the OU envirement, right?
Also, Magmortar's FB OHKO's TTar

Do any of you suggest specific replacements? You're all giving me great strategies, but I don't know who to use to utilize them correctly. =/

And cannot switch in, making you Tyranitar weak.

A counter has to be able to switch in to most opposing attacks and be able to force the opposing Pokemon out, or kill it.

Magmortar is not a Tyranitar counter.