• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Razor Wind's New OU Team

Razor Wind

The Heartless Absol
Another fun set I've seen to work against chansey/blissey is sub/toxic/painsplit/shadowball(or focus blast cause you can't toxic steels so better attacking coverage)
toxic has more PP than healbell, so you cna keep forcing it out to natural cure, so rack up SR damage on other, whilst everytime the pink blob comes if you replenish your HP and sub.

I think I will just stick with my currect set of Gengar.

Klaus™

Banned
trick> fire punch on jirachi

trick is much more useful in the long run, as currently, you are walled fairly easily and it forces switches quite often. fire punch isn't as good now, as the only things it was really used for was to kill genesect, and lucario. you dont really need to kill lucario, it seems covered. just beware of swords dance dual priority variants. o, and genesect is uber, so fire punch isnt needed as much anymore.

EDIT: actually, change hp fire to trick on latios. keeping fire punch allows you to reliably beat scizor and lucario, especially sd variants of both. jirachi can tank the priority from both, and ko.

also, stone edge>protect on machamp. protect is a terribad move imo, and im sure a certain user agrees with me. stone edge allows you to beat volcarona much more easily, as well as giving you something to do against gyarados.

ill edit this with more later

EDIT: why 16 SpD evs on machamp?

Last edited:

Atrocious

I think he got that set from Smogon I think which was designed for it to avoid being OHKOd by an Azelf's Psychic if I'm not mistaken which was a common lead in the DPP days.

azeem40

Pokemon is fun!
"240 HP and 16 Special Defense EVs ensure that maximum Special Attack Naive Azelf leads won't OHKO Machamp with Psychic, while Machamp can beat Azelf through a combination of Payback and Bullet Punch."

azeem40

Pokemon is fun!
I know that Leads aren't used much anymore. I was just backing up what Atrocious was saying.

Hayabusa

Bona fide Narutard.
Jirachi still can't beat +1 Haxorus (who has Mold Breaker + Earthquake --> Therefore, he murders almost all of your team). If he is to beat +1 Haxorus, he needs a Jolly Nature to outspeed a Haxorus with one Dragon Dance under its belt.

I would definitely take Trick on him, too. But, some people (you may be one of these) would rather have a fast revenge killer rather than a Pokemon without its Choice Scarf.

Azelf leads are not as common as they were in DPP, but if he takes Machamp as a lead, it's a situation he needs to be prepared for. 1/60 is an exaggeration IMO; they are still somewhat common (I see maybe 8/60, since people's battle experience from DPP is carrying over to BW, and they stick to DPP Pokes/movesets sometimes).

Klaus™

Banned
Azelf leads are not as common as they were in DPP, but if he takes Machamp as a lead, it's a situation he needs to be prepared for. 1/60 is an exaggeration IMO; they are still somewhat common (I see maybe 8/60, since people's battle experience from DPP is carrying over to BW, and they stick to DPP Pokes/movesets sometimes).

lol?

Global Usage: 1.89% (26674 Battles)
Lead Usage

1.15%

of that 1.15%, only 9.82% actually carried psychic. so, roughly 0.11-0.12% of all battles, there will be a lead azelf that carries psychic. its just not worth it.

most azelf anyway are setting up dual screens, so reflect first, and then you fail to 2hko it before its job is done. typically, its moveset is this:

-Light screen
-Reflect
-U-turn
-Explosion/Stealth rock

very rarely, its a scarved version, and scarved versions are usually

-Fire punch
-ice punch
-u-turn
-zen headbutt

but its outclassed by jirachi, who has iron head to beat counters. so if they use a scarved version, they probably are new to b/w, in which case there's really no reason to prepare when you can run circles around them, naked.

your argument is invalid

Atrocious

lol?

Global Usage: 1.89% (26674 Battles)
Lead Usage

1.15%

of that 1.15%, only 9.82% actually carried psychic. so, roughly 0.11-0.12% of all battles, there will be a lead azelf that carries psychic. its just not worth it.

most azelf anyway are setting up dual screens, so reflect first, and then you fail to 2hko it before its job is done. typically, its moveset is this:

-Light screen
-Reflect
-U-turn
-Explosion/Stealth rock

very rarely, its a scarved version, and scarved versions are usually

-Fire punch
-ice punch
-u-turn
-zen headbutt

but its outclassed by jirachi, who has iron head to beat counters. so if they use a scarved version, they probably are new to b/w, in which case there's really no reason to prepare when you can run circles around them, naked.

your argument is invalid

That pro usage statistics going to work. Good work haha. Honestly most Azelfs I see are suicide lead variations. Just run 252/252/4 on Machamp.

Razor Wind

The Heartless Absol
Wow, I didn't expect this many replies o_O

Personally, I tried the set Hayabusa recommended and also the 252/252/4 set on PO. Apparently the Hayubusa's set works better for me (Just my opinion though)

Klaus™

Banned
i really dont see the point of surviving such a rare occurence, but w/e. at least move the 4 speed evs into attack. the only notable thing you outspeed is min speed blissey, and its not going to stay in on you, nor is it really needed to outspeed it.

change hp fire to trick on latios. the only way you are beating scizor is on the switch.

with that change, jirachi needs fire punch somewhere in there, probably over thunderpunch. when a gyara switches in, you are susceptible to intimidate. its just not worth it. fire punch beats dual priority sd lucario, as well as sd scizor or band scizor. 2 very ugly threats, as jirachi is the only one who resists bullet punch, their STAB moves, and luc has e-speed to pick everyone off.

you might want to consider a clean up sweeper, to take advantage of machamp's hole-punching ability. js. good ones include mixed salamence, gyarados, etc.

Razor Wind

The Heartless Absol
I've been testing this team out for quite some time now. It occured to me that I have difficulites dealing with the foe's Jirachi. Thanks to its natural bulk. Suggestions?

Atrocious

Agiligross should take out Jirachi. Anyways, you'll either find the dumb ParaFlinch Method or CM Rain. Donphan should be able to take it out aswell bar Ice Punch.

Razor Wind

The Heartless Absol
I've decided not to use Metagross..
Paraflinch and CM Rain doesn't help though :/

The only way I come out with is to Switch Fire Punch into Jirachi and give Thunderbolt to Latios... :/

Atrocious

Rachi honestly doesn't hit hard w/o some boosts. You could throw up a Gliscor or Rtom-W if your Rachi problem is that huge which I don't think it is.

Razor Wind

The Heartless Absol
True that, but still, Gliscor can easily be OHKO'ed by Ice Punch :eek:

By the way, I've updated the Pros and Cons section to point out important points that this team need to deal with.

Atrocious

I think Gliscor is bulky enough to take one but I'll check, but also don't see many Rachis with Ice Punch anymore as most run like CM Varients, dumb ParaFlinch, or Scarf with like Iron Head/Fire Punch/Body Slam/Trick.