• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

RBY (Gen 1) RMT

JCarrill0

PokéMaster Jason
RMT: JC's RBY (Gen 1) Team

while cleaning out my storage I came across an old portfolio of my old school Pokemon team, and I wanted to post it to see if I could improve on it.

PLEASE KEEP IN MIND, this was decades ago and I just recently started over so I no longer have these Pokemon, but was still interested to improve in the event I use this team

;003;
- Body Slam
- Toxic
- Mega Drain
- Solar Beam

;131;
- Body Slam
- Sing
- Surf
- Blizzard

;135;
- Swift
- Pin Missle
- Thunderbolt
- Thunder

;112;
- Body Slam
- Strength
- Rock Slide
- Fissure

;006;
- Body Slam
- Fly
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast

;149;
- Body Slam
- Fly
- Fire Blast
- Hyper Beam

;150;

Last edited:

Tonguetyd

Hey! I'll help you! I can do stuff! Really!

I promise.

Changes and comments in BOLD.

w
;003;
- Body Slam
- Toxic
- Razor Leaf
- Sleep Powder

Razor Leaf always criticals, so there's no point in other grass moves. Sleep Powder is always useful.

;131;
- Body Slam/Thunderbolt/Thunder/Psychic
- Sing
- Surf/Thunderbolt/Thunder/Psychic
- Blizzard

Lapras gets a lot of moves, so there are alternatives to Body Slam and Sing. Get Thunderbolt over Thunder, if you can.

;135;
- Thunder Wave
- Pin Missile
- Thunderbolt
- Thunder/Double Team

You get Thunder Wave, so there's no reason to not use it. Swift is bad. Very bad.

;112;
- Body Slam
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Horn Drill/Substitute

Earthquake does massive damage with Rhydon's attack stat. It's a must. Substitute is mostly filler. Horn Drill is preferable over Fissure, since there are more Flying-types than Ghost-types.

;006;
- Swords Dance
- Fly/Body Slam/Hyper Beam
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast

Swords Dance up to do lots of damage and utilize Charizard's speed. Since you only get 1 Earthquake, Dig is an alternative since it does the same damage.

;149;
- Agility
- Wrap
- Fire Blast/Surf/Blizzard
- Hyper Beam

This may seem like a weird moveset, but if you boost up with Agility, you can do a lot of damage by just continuously spamming Wrap. The enemy can't do anything against you, and you can finish them off with Hyper Beam, which you don't have to recharge if you defeat the opponent. Use a coverage move of your choice, but Blizzard is recommended because of its large power and 90% accuracy.

;150;
- Amnesia
- Psychic
- Blizzard
- Recover/Thunderbolt

This is the most powerful Pokemon that has ever existed, and one of the most overpowered characters in video game history. If you find God on your journey, He, too, will cower in fear when gazing upon the perfect apex of strength that is Mewtwo.
Use Amnesia to double your already immense Special stat, making Mewtwo unstoppable by any special move and granting it power comparable to an H-Bomb. Psychic annihilates just about everything, while Blizzard destroys anything that resist its STAB. Thunderbolt is for Water-types, but Recover is preferable for becoming virtually immortal. It is very difficult to lose when you are using this thing.

JCarrill0

PokéMaster Jason
re: RMT: JC's RBY (Gen 1) Team 1

Hey! I'll help you! I can do stuff! Really!

I promise.

Changes and comments in BOLD.

Hey Tonguetyd,
Thanks for the help!

I rebuilt the team to better suit me, and I have some questions along the way.

;003;
- Body Slam
- Sleep Powder
- Razor Leaf
- Solar Beam

I wasn't sure why it would be needed to keep both SLP & PZN on Venusaur, could you explain why? I also think Solar Power is great to have, but perhaps Mega Drain?

;131;
- Psychic
- Sing
- Surf
- Blizzard

It's odd to have a Electric moves on Lapras, so I decided on Psychic as you requested.

;135;
- Pin Missle
- Double Team
- Thunderbolt
- Thunder Wave

I didn't want 3 Thunder moves in the past and since both can Paralyze the target, I left it out, but I replace Thunder as you suggested.

;112;
- Body Slam
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Horn Drill

I thought (but it has been a long time) Fizzure is a 1 hit KO, although it does miss, so Horn Drill is better?

;006;
- Body Slam
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast

I had my other team use these moves on Charizard, I think I'll take your advice and use the same I used on my other team.

;149;
- Body Slam
- Agility
- Fire Blast
- Hyper Beam

I remember having a similar move set of wrap when I had a Dragonair, but if I recall, you can stop wrap by recalling your Pokemon, which again I could just wrap the next Pokemon. Does Body Slam not prove effective with Dragonite?

;150;
- Psychic
- Amnesia
- Hyper Beam
- Recover

I'm not sure why the move sets didn't show up in the first post. Here is my original list for Mewtwo. Let me know what you think