• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

RBY Monotype Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

celebimasters_93

sorry it has taken me so long to reply i lost my cartridge but recently found it and it is still the same as before i am currently in viridian forest with my team as follows

buzzkill (kakuna) lv. 7
sneak (metapod) lv. 9

i plan on leveling up buzzkill to lv. 17 and sneak to lv. 15 to defeat brock if anyone has any suggestions on what i should do please feel free to post and i will gladly use the advice which is greatly needed and appriciated

Last edited:

celebimasters_93

yes and also some way to level them up when they are under leveled such as at the elite four

Skwog

PurpleHaze
Since first gen is amazing, I decided about a week ago to start working on a new file. This time, to change things up from the normal, I chose to do a Poison monotype. This was inspired by two things. First, Poison type is my favorite type. Second, I remember how big of a pain doing a mono-Pokemon runthrough of this game with Nidoqueen due to Koga and Sabrina, so I wanted to give myself a good challenge. So here it goes, my Poison monotype challenge!

;033;
Nidorino Lv. 28
-Tackle
-Poison Sting
-Horn Attack
-Double Kick

;002;
Ivysaur Lv. 22
-Tackle
-Poisonpowder
-Leech Seed
-Vine Whip

;041;
Zubat Lv. 20
-Leech Life
-Supersonic
-Bite

;048;
Venonat Lv. 20
-Tackle
-Disable
-Supersonic
-Confusion

7/29/2010

Here is a summary of what all has occurred so far in the Poison challenge:
-Started journey with Pikachu. Kept him only so I can get Bulbasaur later.
-Soon captured a Nidoran♂ and Nidoran♀ and began training Nidoran♂ so that he could learn Double Kick.
-Adventured through Viridian Forest. If only I could get a Beedrill in this game...
-Challenged Brock. Geodude was a piece of cake with Double Kick. However, I forgot about Bide and it wiped out Nidoran♂. Luckily Onix was weakened enough that Nidoran♀ could defeat Onix with a Tackle.
-Entered Mt. Moon and captured a Zubat which will be a member of my Poison team. Nidoran♂ evolved into Nidorino and is proving to be the powerhouse of this team, able to muscle through everything with Horn Attack.
-Exited the cave and entered Cerulean City. Defeated my rival, Monotyp, cleared Nugget Bridge, began training Zubat via Leech Life on the local Oddish and Bellsprout, talked to Bill, and attained a Bulbasaur and Venonat.
-Challenged Misty. Bulbasaur had evolved to Ivysaur by this time, and was able to take down Staryu and Starmie with ease.
-Ventured to Vermillion City, training my Pokemon along the way. Started to battle trainers on the S.S. Anne, but they are proving to be tough so I am training my Pokemon on the local Drowzee.

Jojo-

I ♥ Psychic Types
Imma' gonna take a try at this. I'm doing Pokémon Blue and I will do a Water Monotype Challenge.

;008;
Jet (Wartortle)
Lvl. 22
- Bubble
- Water Gun
- Tackle
- Tail Whip

;120;
Gem (Staryu)
Lvl. 17
- Tackle
- Bide
- Water Gun
- N/A

- Obtained Squirtle (Jet)
- Easily made my way through Viridian Forest with Jet's Bubble
- Destroyed Brock in three turns with Bubble
- Jet evolves at Route 2 into Wartortle ♥
- Friend gives me Staryu via. Link Cable. (Lvl. 8) ♪ (That's allowed, right?)
- After being lost for a while I make it through Mt. Moon and arrive in Cerulean City

But now I'm worried about Misty.. She'll be tough. x.x​

Last edited:

133tSneasel

I did an Ice type challenge, but my Youtube channel was deleted for the first half. I still continued and finishing it up. Gonna some Elite four fun.

www.youtube.com/1337Weavile

I was 133tSneasel

Kitsunetsuki

Guardiana Cristálica
Well, I'm going to use a Bug monotype, I'll play in Pokémon Red.
Here you can find how I'm going:

Player's name: Ash
Rival's name: Gary

Well, I finished my challenge in 3 days, thank you everyone.

TEAM:

;012;Butterfree level 65
Attacks:
Whirlwind
Sleep Powder
Psybeam
Supersonic

;015;Beedrill level 64
Attacks:
Poison Sting
String Shot
Twineedle
Focus Energy

;123;Scyther level 63
Attacks:
Slash
Swords Dance
Focus Energy
Agility

;049;Venomoth level 72
Attacks:
Sleep Powder
Leech Life
Psychic
Psybeam

You'll be seeing that I didn't put Parasect on the list, well, in first place, he wouldn't survive the Elite 4, and in second place, he's very slow, so I prefered to train 4 Pokémon to a considerable high level, rather than carrying him on my team without doing anything valuable.

I caught Mewtwo, so this means I've OFFICIALLY ended this challenge, and it wasn't as hard as I have expected, it was VERY easy.

Well, thank you everyone who read my reports, I'm trully satisfied with my results on Pokémon Red, so, without having other things to say, I say goodbye, and yes, I enjoyed this experience brought by RaZoR LeAf.

Last edited:

celebimasters_93

i havent looked at this page for a while i have completed the bug monotype challenge

i beat the elite four but didnt know u had to go to mewtwo until i had already defeated the elite four

the bug monotype ended up something like this

buzzkill lv. 40

butterfree lv. 60

scyther lv. 55

pinsir lv.45

cant remember the other 2

i will take a water monotype challenge on yellow

my team will be something like this

blastoise
gyarados
lapras
golduck
poliwrath
dewgong?

Aw, I might as well try. I'll be going with a fighting mono-type in my Yellow version, mostly because I can get Machamp for a Cubone! :D

Remissus

Saffron City Bandit
Since I just bought a new Yellow version, guess I'll bite. :3

Trainer: Remi
Rival: Rivian

Type: Electric
Proposed Team:
Pikachu(Eins)
Electabuzz(Franz)
Electrode(Job)
Zapdos(Ampere)

Will add moves for them once I actually start the game/add said pokemon to my party.

One question: Can I have a water type for surfing purposes only? As long as it in no way participates in battles?

Last edited:

celebimasters_93

i dont know if this is allowed as the other forums so i have decided to change my monotype challenge from water to electric reason being i have already done about 10 monotype challenges in 2 other games including this one so this will be my eletric team

pikachu(pikespeak)
electode(lightorb)
electabuzz(killpower)

EDIT:
Started from pallet town as usual. got pikespeak trained on route west of viridian until pikachu was lv 15 got oaks parcel
current status
pikespeak- lv.15
currently going through viridian forest hoping to defeat brock by tonight.

celebimasters_93

well i usually dont post every day
its actually been about a week i have completed my electric monotype challenge with the following status:
name: ash
badges: 8
Pokedex: 23
time: 39:24

final team
pikespeak(pikachu) lv.64
electabuzz lv.57
electrode lv. 62

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I decided to start a Grass-themed Monotype Challenge on my old Red version, for the fun of it. I chose Bulbasaur as my Starter Pokemon and I battled my rival at Oak's lab and won. I then went north to Viridian City, battling all of the wild Pokemon along the way. I did everything that I needed to do in Viridian City, then I returned to Pallet Town and obtained my own set of Pokeballs for Professor Oak. I then set out once again. I went north and trained along the way. I managed to level up my level 5 Bulbasaur to level 10 by the end of the day. I saved around Route 2, near the Viridian Forest entrance. My current team:

;001; - Bulbasaur level 10

ToNeS

I decided to start a Ground monotype challenge. So I went to the computer and withdrew a potion and went to the grass to encounter Prof.Oak and got myself a Pikachu which I renamed it to Not Used which is going to be true. I made my Pikachu die on purpose against the rival.

;025; Not Used Lvl5

ToNeS

So I managed to catch myself a dude Nidoran and deposited my Pikachu for life and trained Nidoran up to lvl11 and then I faced my rival which I named Blue and beated him. After that, I passed through Viridian Forest and beated various trainers. My Nidoran was lvl15 after going through that forest. When I reached Pewter City, I saved my game there and faced the gym. When I faced Brock, I took down his Geodude with one Double Kick and when he sent out his Onix, he used Bide so I decided to use Leer 3 times. After that, Onix used Bide again so I one hit KO Onix with Double Kick. My Nidoran leveled up to 16 and evolved. I went back to the pokemon centre and saved my game there. My next stop was through Mt.Moon so I went east of Pewter City and beated the various trainers there. When I reached to the pokemon centre, I saved my game there. My Nidorino was at lvl18 when I reached Mt.Moon so I went through there and caught myself a Geodude which I trained up to level 17 when I got through the cave and beated trainers including Team Rocket. After I exited Mt.Moon I caught myself a Sandshrew along the way and I reached Cerulean City and saved my game there. My team so far looks like this:

;027; Sandshrew Lvl9
;074; Geodude Lvl20
;033; Nidorino Lvl20

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I finally entered the Viridian Forest and I started out by battling wild Pokemon in the tall grass. After a while, I made it to the areas of the forest where trainers were present, so I had to go up against them. Since I only had Bulbasaur, things were very close in those battles, but I managed to make my way out of the Viridian Forest and into Pewter City. I went and healed at the local Pokemon Center and then explored Pewter City. I went to the Pewter Museum of Science and spent some time there. After that, I bought some items at the Poke Mart and trained on Route 2 some more, to level up my Bulbasaur for the Gym battle.

;001; - Bulbasaur level 13

ToNeS

After that hard battle with Misty, my Nidorino leveled to 23 and then I made my way to the nugget bridge. I beated all of those trainers along the way with my Sandshrew and it leveled him to 20. I went into the burgled house and beated the Team Rocket member and he gave me a Dig TM which I taught to Sandshrew. I made my way into the long tunnel and made it outside the route close to Vermillion City and battled the trainers which leveled by Sandshrew and evolved. Once I reached Vermillion City I caught myself a Diglett. My saved my game there and my team so far looks like this:

;050; Diglett Lvl16
;028; Sandslash Lvl22
;074; Geodude Lvl22
;033; Nidorino Lvl23

Status
Not open for further replies.