The RBY Monotype Challenge
Played through the game? Bored but want to play again but don't know how to make it interesting? Simple: take up the Monotype Challenge. The rules and ideas are simple:
- You play through either Red, Blue or Yellow using pokemon of only one type (including Duel types who must share the chosen type)
- If your chosen starter is not of the type you picked, you are forbidden to use it.
- No matter how stuck you get you must not use any other types.
- You are allowed to use only ONE set of TMs. This means trading between other versions of RBY and also GSC is forbidden.
- As with TMs, you cannot trade between games for pokemon. This means obtaining level 5 pokemon via eggs in GSC. Trading for evolution is allowed (Machamp, Alakazam, Golem, Pikachu, Gengar). You may trade between RBY games, so long as you do so, when you reach the place said pokemon would naturally appear (ie, Electabuzz in the Power Plant)
- After you pass certain events or feel the need to update, you reply to the topic with details on how your progress is going, the status of your team, how hard it is, etc.
- You may have only ONE member of a famly in your team. That means no duplicating a pokemon to fill your spots. No having two Pikachus to fill out your team, or a Nidoking and a Nidorino.
- Ghost and Dragon teams are not accepted due to lack of pokemon
- The challenge is considered complete upon the reaching, or defeat of Mewtwo.
- NO EXPLOITING ANY GLITCH WHAT-SO-EVER
So why not give it a try and have some fun!
Last edited by a moderator: