• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Re-dubbing episodes?

Thriller

Its almost time
I was just thinking, is it possible for 4Kids to go back and redub past episodes? That way, they can alter the Wardens gun in "Legend of Dratini" like they have been doing in One Piece.

Jason Park

The Steel Master
Why would 4Kids spend extra money redubbing? I think that's pretty much unlikely and it's kind of late to do that in my opinion. But anything's possible I guess. :)

Last edited:

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
I wish. But Cyber's right, it'd basically be the same. Frak 4Kids.

Jesse GS the II

I was frozen today!
Please. 4Kids is the cheapest dubbing company known to man or machine - there's no way they'll go back and redub episodes they already blew money on eight years ago just so a few dub loyalists can see them paint over a handgun and mutilate another episode.

We're never getting the banned episodes in America. Get over it.

Heracross

Custom User Title
I actually enjoyed the dub of the first few seasons. I shudder to think of what they would do to it now.

KuwabaraTheMan

Thunder Trainer
At least these old episodes had pretty much all original music(and at the begining we even got good dub titles, not the horrific puns we've gotten since midway throuh Season 1).

And the days before Eric Stuart started voice Koujirou were glorious indeed.

The dub was actually really good back then. I remember when CN started reairing the old episodes and I was like 'wow, I forgot that this dub used to pretty darn good'.

Heracross

Custom User Title
I thought Eric Stuart's James was great back in the day. It was only around early to mid-Jouto when he started to overact all his lines and made him sound awful.

Last edited:

KuwabaraTheMan

Thunder Trainer
Heracross said:
I thought Eric Stuart's James was great back in the day. It was only around early to mid-Jouto when he started to overact all his lines and made him sound awful.
Yeah, true, Stuart wasn't awful at first, but he never was as good as Ted Lewis was.

Chris

Old Coot
No thanks. I prefer the closer to original dub that was of early Kanto than the dub we have now.

And I sure as hell don't want to see the warden sporting a super soaker or a toy gun. ;\

Heracross

Custom User Title
KuwabaraTheMan said:
Yeah, true, Stuart wasn't awful at first, but he never was as good as Ted Lewis was.
Feh, I prefer Miki Shinichirou over them both, so it doesn't really matter.

KuwabaraTheMan

Thunder Trainer
Heracross said:
Feh, I prefer Miki Shinichirou over them both, so it doesn't really matter.
I actually thought Ted Lewis came prety close to being as good as Miki Shinichirou, although he only had 12 episodes, so he never really got to be completely adjusted to the character.

Raevell

KuwabaraTheMan said:
I actually thought Ted Lewis came prety close to being as good as Miki Shinichirou, although he only had 12 episodes, so he never really got to be completely adjusted to the character.

Though this is competely off topic, why was Ted Lewis replaced?

As far as the dubbing I don't think they would bother to go back and air an episode that is nearly ten years old. At this point I don't even have any desire to see it... Does anybody? o_O; I think just about all who knew about it have seen the Japanese episode.

Heracross

Custom User Title
Raevell said:
Though this is competely off topic, why was Ted Lewis replaced?
I believe he had to go a trip or something and was unavailable to dub the episodes, so they had Mr. Stuart fill in. Apperently they liked his James so much they just had him continue to supply his voice.

Chris

Old Coot
Uh, being cheap has nothing to do with it. It's about there being absolutely no point to do so. o_O

ChaosMage

Izit cuz I is black?
I actually disliked Kanto's dubbing... I prefer Hoenn in nearly every way... I'm treading one thin ice here, aren't I?

Raevell

ChaosMage said:
I actually disliked Kanto's dubbing... I prefer Hoenn in nearly every way... I'm treading one thin ice here, aren't I?

Lol. I think the thing is with Kanto they stuck a bit truer to the original. They pushed the envelope because it was so popular there wasn't much they could put on the air that would cause it to be canceled.

My biggest problem with the Hoenn dub is the replacement of music. 4Kids has such a knack of throwing a scene off balance by doing so. They can take a dramatic scene and make it totally comedic on the music alone. It's infuriating.

Not to mention the pointless paint edits...