• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Re-Ignition

MidnightFennekin

Unwashed skank
Re-Ignition!

FlareLover17 [First!!!]

Igniting Cynthia’s Interests!-Part I

Cynthia sighed as the young trainer in front of her left the black and white champion’s room. He was the ninth trainer today, and none of them had come close to defeating the Champion. Heck, seven of them couldn’t get past Spiritomb.

“Hey Cynthia.” A familiar, calm voice said. “You seem bummed. Everything okay?

Cynthia turned around. She saw it was Flint, one of the Elite 4. Flint was an average sized guy, who wore a yellow shirt, black slacks, sandals and red suspenders. His most prominent feature was his big red afro.

“Hi Flint, I’m just kind of bored. It’s been a while since I’ve had a good battle. That’s all.” Cynthia replied.

“How ‘bout me and you battle!” Flint told the depressed Champion, excitement creeping into his voice. “I remember when Volkner was bummed like this! A battle with Dawn re-ignited his spark!”

“Okay… I hope this works!” Cynthia told the Fire-Type trainer.

“The rules are: three-on-three, and the trainer cannot use items!”

Flint grabbed a Pokeball out of his red afro. Cynthia couldn’t resist a giggle-the wacky way he kept his Pokeballs in check was just so random!

“Come on out Ninetales!” The fiery red-head released his first Pokemon.

The fox Pokemon radiated a golden aura, starting from its tails, and the aura became a sphere above the Fire-Types’ head. It then hovered up to the top-middle of the room, and the shining of this artificial sun caused both Flint’s yellow shirt and Ninetales’ cream fur glow a beautiful gold.

Ninetales’ red eyes burned with determination, and its fox-like body was sleek and elegant.

“Ninetales… good choice! Its Drought ability makes it so Water-Moves aren’t so effective. But you’ll need more than that! Go Togekiss!” And with that, Cynthia sent out Togekiss, the Jubilee Pokemon.

Togekiss’ three head spikes bounced a little, and it landed on its petite feet and flapped its wings proudly.

Flint made the first move. “Now Ninetales, use Calm Mind!”

Ninetales closed its eyes, and then generated a pink aura around itself. It then opened its eyes, and the pink aura sunk into its creator.

“Togekiss! Use Thunder Wave!” Cynthia commanded. She was sure that
Flint would easily tell the strategy, but it works well.

Togekiss started to generate a spark of Electricity between her wings, and then it started to generate a wave of weak electrical energy at Ninetales.

“So you’re going for the ParaFlinch strategy? Well then! Ninetales, dodge it and use Fire Blast!”

Ninetales jumped over the wave when it was near enough, and then it tensed all the muscles in its body. Its nine tails then straightened out and made a wide arch. The tails then ignited, and Ninetales’ eyes glowed a ruby red. It then unleashed a blast of star-shaped fire from its mouth.
Togekiss was unable to dodge the attack, and was badly damaged from the powerful Fire Blast.

“Togekiss! Get close to it and then use Thunder Wave.” Cynthia whispered to her Togekiss.

Togekiss flew over to Ninetales, and grabbed hold of its head with its wings. Its body then sparked with weak electrical power, and the wave then spread to Ninetales. Ninetales body was covered by the electricity, a sign it was now paralyzed.

“So, that’s the ParaFlinch strategy starting…” Flint thought.

“Should’ve given it a Lum Berry, Flint!” Cynthia taunted.

“I thought you would’ve used Milotic! She still has Rain Dance, yes?” Flint replied.

“No, and enough talking! Togekiss, use Air Slash!” Cynthia replied back.
“I see. This battle’s already re-ignited your passion!”

Togekiss took to the air, and performed some fancy front flips. Its wings tips were then surrounded by a sky-blue energy and it slashed at Ninetales.

“If we’re going down, we’ll inflict damage first! Ninetales, use Hidden Power!” Flint was starting to get worried.

However, the ParaFlinch strategy failed to work this time, and Ninetales was surrounded by small balls of cold mist. The mist was then surrounded by green energy spheres, and they were then launched at Togekiss.

The Normal and Flying-Type then collapsed to the floor, unable to battle.

“Good work Togekiss. Flint, this battle was a good idea! Too bad you’re going to lose! It’s time for you to shine, my dear Roserade!” Cynthia was sounding much more enthusiastic, and she then unleashed her Roserade.

Roserade had three roses on it, a white one on its head, a red rose at the end of its right arm, and a blue rose on the other. It had a cape-like membrane on its back, and it was overall a graceful Pokemon.

“Roserade… Grass and Poison type… you’re gonna try something tricky!” Flint was surprised by Cynthia’s choice. A Grass-Type against a Fire-Type…

“Roserade, use Venoshock!”

Roserade’s red rose became a sickly shade of purple, and she shot three orbs of venomous substance at Ninetales. Ninetales became a sickly shade of purple as well, and was damaged a decent amount.

“Now Ninetales, use Fire Blast!”

Ninetales muscles didn’t tension this time. In fact, they barely moved at all.

“Ugh! Paralyzed!” Flint said in disgust. Not with Cynthia, not Ninetales, but himself. Cynthia’s theme was graceful yet tricky, so he should’ve remembered Lum Berries and Pokemon with Taunt.

“Now Roserade, hit again with Veneshock!”

Roserade done a little twirl, and now it was its blue rose’s turn to unleash the attack. Again it turned a disgusting green, and launched the attack.

Ninetales once more became that same green.

“Ninetales, please fight the status! One more hit and your down!”

Ninetales replied by getting all tense, its tails went in flames and launched the star shaped blast again.

“Roserade, get out of the way and then use Growth! I know you can do it!” Cynthia said, trying to rally Roserade.

A small bit of the attack hit her, and was enough to give her a burn. Despite this, Roserade continued with her trainer’s order of using Growth. She became surrounded by an aura of green, but unlike Venoshock’s sickly green colour, this was a vivid lime. The aura then made her grow for a few seconds, but she shrunk when the aura returned into her.

“Ninetales, use Fire Blast again!” Flint was really desperate now. If Roserade got a hit, it was bye bye Ninetales!

However, the Fire Fox Pokemon froze up, and then Flint knew there was no point in trying. It could hurt Ninetales more than it had too. But then he remembered. Roserade was burned! It couldn’t last too long!

“Roserade, use Venoshock one last time!”

This time, the blasts of toxic power came from both of Roserade’s roses. The six orbs of pure poison struck Ninetales, causing the graceful Pokemon to faint.

But after her victory over Ninetales, Roserade was engulfed by flames. It then took damage, but then in an instant the flames died down.

“Roserade, return!” Cynthia then returned her Roserade.

“What! Why did you… what!?” Flint was very surprised. Roserade had just boosted her attack power, and Cynthia was returning her?

Cynthia didn’t reply. She just took another Pokeball, and thrown it on the field. Flint knew that if it was Garchomp he was in big trouble…

Unknown to the two powerful trainers, a small vulpine Pokemon had been watching the whole affair.

“Fenne…. Kin?”

How did I do guys? I love feedback, whether it’s a VM, PM or posted on this fic thread! I’m up too constructive criticism, so if something bugs you, don’t be afraid to tell me! If you came here for the title, believing it’s an Ignition-Shipping fic, you won’t be disappointed! There’ll be special chapters in the future, but they’re optional, so if you’re not into that kinda thing, just skim over them!

And a special shout out to FlareLover17! If it wasn’t for his/her help, this fic could be rotting away in the back of my brain!

And yes, Fennekin is in the fic. She is in my username 'n sig and location after all!

Last edited:

Räven Velish

black lives matter
It's cool. But since you put Fennekin in, don't you think you should have waited to know its move pool and evolutions before putting it in a fanfic?

Toxic Nightshade

GET TO DEL TACO
This fiction is really good, i feel honored to of helped you with this. I'm a girl by the way. Add me to the PM list please! Anyway, there were a few paragraph spacing errors, but i'll just point out the errors i see right now.
"Hi Flint, I'm just kind of bored. It's been a while since I've had a good battle. That's all." Cynthia replied."
Change the period after "battle" with a semicolon. Also switch the period after "all" with a comma, since you are still continuing with the statement.
the aura became a sphere above the Fire-Types' head.
Misplaced apostrophe after "types."
Get close to it ans then use thunder wave." Cynthia whispered to her Togekiss.
Switch the period with a comma again.
Ninetales muscles didn't tension this time.
Apostrophe after "Ninetales," and then change "tension," to "tense."

MidnightFennekin

Unwashed skank
It's cool. But since you put Fennekin in, don't you think you should have waited to know its move pool and evolutions before putting it in a fanfic?

We have a rough draft, as all Pokemon learn Hidden Power, Protect, Toxic and I will be weirded out like F*ck if Fenn doesn't get Flamethrower ;P Plus, I like a challenge.

This fiction is really good, i feel honored to of helped you with this. I'm a girl by the way. Add me to the PM list please! Anyway, there were a few paragraph spacing errors, but i'll just point out the errors i see right now.

Change the period after "battle" with a semicolon. Also switch the period after "all" with a comma, since you are still continuing with the statement.

Misplaced apostrophe after "types."

Switch the period with a comma again.

Apostrophe after "Ninetales," and then change "tension," to "tense."

Thanks for the help, and I'll add you later.

Chapter II coming soon!