• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Re-(NU)ked

Ampy

Light The Stars
Well, after getting SoulSilver I decided to revamp, what I think, is the best team I've ever made. I'm a bit rusty, so be a bit easy.

P.S. I haven't used this revamp yet, nor have I started on it. I just want some suggestions before I begin.

Spr_3e_348.gif
Spr_3e_131.gif
Spr_3e_057.gif
Spr_3e_233.gif
Spr_3e_310_s.gif
Spr_3e_028.gif

Trozeiani348.gif

Armaldo@Muscle Band
Impish Nature (-SpA, +Def)
Shell Armor
EVs: 252 HP/140 Def/116 Atk
Stealth Rock
Stone Edge
Earthquake
Swords Dance

EVs: This spread allows him to retain a decent amount of bulk, while still having some offensive capabilities... thus explaining the use of Muscle Band.

Moveset: Stealth Rock is painfully obvious. Stone Edge is for STAB and hits NU fliers that are immune/resist EQ. Earthquake is for amazing coverage alongside SE, and SD to boost attack.

Trozeiani131.gif

Lapras@Leftovers
Adamant Nature (-SpA, +Atk)
Water Absorb
EVs: 252 Atk/252 HP/4 Def
Curse
Ice Shard
Waterfall
Return

EVs: Maximum attack is preferable obviously. The HP EVs give me some extra bulk to help me set up Curse and sweep, alongside her natural bulkiness.

Moveset: Curse makes Lapras a bulky piece of work, and makes her quite a fighting force. Ice Shard is a big **** you to Curse's speed reduction, and Waterfall is my main attack. Return and Waterfall get near perfect coverage.

Trozeiani057.gif

Primeape@Choice Band
Jolly Nature (-SpA, +Spe)
Vital Spirit
EVs: 252 Atk/252 Spe/4 HP
Close Combat
Stone Edge
U-turn
Punishment

EVs: I wish I could say everyone here can understand this spread, but unfortunately I cannot...

Moveset: Close Combat for STAB, Stone Edge to hit fliers, U-turn for scouting, and Punishment for those idiots that try to set up on me.

Trozeiani233.gif

Porygon2@Leftovers
Calm Nature (-Atk, +SpD)
Trace
EVs: 252 HP/216 SpD/40 SpA
Thunderbolt
Ice Beam
Recover
Toxic

EVs: By Eon's suggestion, I decided to make this a SP Defensive P2. This female dog is pretty bulky.

Moveset: Thunderbolt and Ice Beam get amazing coverage, only walled by Lanturn and Shedinja in UU if I'm correct. Recover for keeping myself in there too wall, and Toxic for crippling.

Trozeiani310.gif

Manectric@Choice Specs
Timid Nature (-Atk, +Spe)
Static
EVs: 252 SpA/252 Spe/4 HP
Thunderbolt
Overheat
HP Water
Signal Beam

EVs: Standard.

Moveset: Thunderbolt for STAB, Overheat for hitting Grass types and bulky Steels. HP Water for hitting Ground types, especially Camerupt, and Signal Beam is for coverage.

Trozeiani028.gif

Sandslash@Lum Berry
Adamant Nature (-SpA, +Atk)
Sand Veil
EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk/4 Def
Rapid Spin
Earthquake
Stone Edge
Swords Dance

EVs: Bulk, and offensive capabilities... 'nuff said.

Moveset: A spinner isn't a spinner without Rapid Spin, Earthquake for STAB, and Stone Edge for good coverage along with EQ and to not be walled by Cacturne and Shiftry (Night Slash is dumb), and Swords Dance for boosting his attack.​

Just a pre-caution. I will not be listening to rates that are - senseless, stupid, ****ish, or trollish.

Last edited:

ungulateman

Miltank Man!
I would use Switcheroo over Signal Beam on Manectric - crippling your opponent's special wall with Trick is very useful. I once likened it to "a shittier Latias".

Punishment seems sort of weird on a Choice user. I'd use Seed Bomb for the 2HKO on Quagsire and Gastrodon. Choice Scarf is an option over CB. (Note that I did calcs using the CS set. CB Seed Bomb probably OHKOs Gastro, and maybe gets the kill on Quagsire.)

I question SD on a spinner. Normally I use SR on my Sandslash, but you have Armaldo for that. Night Slash would be nice for Haunter and Dusclops, I guess.

Ampy

Light The Stars
Switcheroo sounds interesting AND effective, I'll give it a shot!

Oops, that supposed to be Payback, don't know what I was thinking. Seed Bomb sounds like a better choice anyways.

I'm getting mixed rates here... I had Night Slash on him last time and people told me to switch it to SD, but you're right. I've never tried NS on him anyways, so this will be a good oppurtunity.

Thanks for the rate. Updating now.