• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Re-rate my colloseum team!

pikadon92

Raiden Maximus
This time, I'm using my original collo teams(almost all) to get my hands on ho-oh, so can anyone suggest how to improve for my team?

Tyranitar
Naughty@
Rock Slide
Crunch*
Earthquake
Hyper Beam(as finishing move)

Golem(from Fire Red)
Adament@
Rock Slide
Protect
E-quake
Brick Break

Espeon
Sassy@Twisted spoon
Psychic
Helping Hand
Reflect
????

Meganium
Calm@Miracle Seed
Sunny day
Solarbeam
Synthesis
Body Slam

Entei
???@Charcoal
Sunnyday
Flamethrower
Bite
Swagger

Suicune
???@Mystic Water
Rain Dance
Auora Beam(but become Ice Beam)
Surf
Mirror Coat

I'll be training them to 68. Or should I use my Fire Red instead?

Yami Ryu

Tyranitar; Doesn't need Hyper Beam as a finishing move as HBeam has 5 PP, can miss and even if it is a finishing move it leaves TTar open for attack the second turn. And I doubt you would have a surfing Sharpedo with Kings Rock for an attempt to flinch the opponent. If you're doing double battles. Hate to say this but you'd be better off with an elemental move on the bugger. Like Ice Beam or Outrage or something. Or maybe Brick Break/other.

Golem; Okay, you have a Rock/Dark type, why do you want a Rock/Ground type, it;s basically weak to the same things, and is probably slower than TTar. And since you have TTar, you'd be better off with Skarm instead, so;

Skarmory; Toxic/Spikes/Roar/Something, seems to be the standard. And with TTar's Equake, and maybe a Quick Claw to Ttar too, it'll be fast enough to OHKO electric types.

Espeon; Psychic/Reflect/Light Screen/Protect|Calm Mind|Bite|Morning Sun, Espeon is best used as a screener/special attacker than a supporter.

Meganium; Standard, though you could try for something over Body Slam. Like Toxic, but it's good none the less.

Entei: As you're going for a special attacker, have Modest @ Sunny Day, Solarbeam, Flamethrower, Bite. Or you could drop Sunnyday if Mega is faster than it, and have something else, or drop Sunny Day from Mega if Entei > Mega in speed, for something else.

Suicune: Get a nature that +Special Defence or +Special Attack, and have Ice Beam/Surf/Mirror Coat/Rest|Calm Mind|Other, no Rain Dance. Rain Dance bad. Rain Dance can hurt you more than help.

S

S:C

pikadon92 said:
This time, I'm using my original collo teams(almost all) to get my hands on ho-oh, so can anyone suggest how to improve for my team?

Tyranitar
Naughty@ Quiet @ Leftovers
Rock Slide
Crunch
Earthquake
Hyper Beam

Hyper Beam doesn't have a place on Tyranitar anyways. Tyranitar's Atk. power makes it pointless.

Dragon Dance
Earthquake
Rock Slide
Crunch

Normally Taunt would be there, but this is InGame Colosseum.

Golem
Adament@ Leftovers
Rock Slide
Protect
E-quake
Brick Break

Double-Edge is the move you want instead of Protect if you have Rock Head.

Espeon
Sassy@Twisted spoon Modest @ Leftovers
Psychic
Helping Hand
Reflect
????

Don't use items that boost the power of a specific move type. That set could use some help as well.

Calm Mind
Psychic
HP Fire
Bite

Get it to a move relearner.

Meganium
Calm@Miracle Seed Leftovers
Sunny day
Solarbeam
Synthesis
Body Slam

Remember what I said for Espeon. I use that set too, so I can't argue against you.

Entei
???@Charcoal Adamant @ Leftovers
Sunnyday
Flamethrower
Bite
Swagger

I've said it twice by now, but remember the rule for type-enhancing items.

Calm Mind
Solarbeam
Flamethrower
Substitute

Solarbeam and Flamethrower are in conjunction with Meganium's Sunny Day. CM up on the first turn to allow Meganium to SD. Maybe Entei would be better if it actually had worthwhile moves to go with it's high Atk. stat.

Suicune
???@Mystic Water Modest @ Leftovers
Rain Dance
Auora Beam(but become Ice Beam)
Surf
Mirror Coat

You know what I'm about to say in regards to the item.

Calm Mind
Surf
Ice Beam
Rest

It actually works really well, from my experience.

I'll be training them to 68. Or should I use my Fire Red instead?

That last part rhymed. (FireRed instead =D) I suggest FireRed then.
Comments are in bold.

Last edited by a moderator:

pikadon92

Raiden Maximus
Thank. you. For. Your. CC.
Take a look at my fire Red- they're much wordse:
Thunderchu(Pikachu)@Lum berry
Careful nature
Thunderbolt
Iron Tail
Brick Break
Subsitute

Ganny(Haunter)@Lax inscence
Mild natuer
Psychic
Shadow ball
Thunderbolt
Giga drain
(Hey! Why would people laugh at it anyway?)

Noddy(Male nidoran)@Leftovers
Impish nature
Toxic
Sludge Bomb
Iron Tail
Return

Gyrage (Gyrados)@King's rock
Hasty nature
Hydro pump
Surf
Ice beam
E-Q
(What can I do with a magicarb?)

Cheeky (Chickorita)@Scope lens
Timid nature
Sunny day
solarbeam
Hidden power psychic
Synthesis

Chameon (Charmander)@Focus band
Lonely nature
Flamethrower
Dragon Claw
Brick Break
Protect

No fair (crys) Why won't I be patient and not waisting my solar beam on my bayleafd instead!!!

Last edited:
M

MiloticKnght

Your Pikachu is ok. Iron tail doesn't have the best accuracy and anyway you have brick break to get rid of rock types. you should dump Iron Tail.
Toxic on a low defense pokemon is bad and it doesn't even have protect or attract on it. You should have waited until it evolved and then you could have given it better moves.
You have two moves of the same type on Gyrados. Not good. Though I mostly say this because I hate Hydro Pump.

Its a good team I think though it does have flaws.