• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Reach Space! Ampharos' Light (1185)

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC
Lillie returns when ?!?!,!
If we consider SM ending (where Sophocles in Mossdeep came from) there is still Lana looking for Manaphy and the conclusion of Lillie's father saga
We might still get the teased Goh vs Kiawe rematch too, so we have some good opportunities for Alola gang episodes(except Lana is probably going to be in Sinnoh, sorry for the ones who are tired of it)
Poor Mallow though, if only she had an Eeveelution...

DatsRight

If we consider SM ending (where Sophocles in Mossdeep came from) there is still Lana looking for Manaphy and the conclusion of Lillie's father saga
We might still get the teased Goh vs Kiawe rematch too, so we have some good opportunities for Alola gang episodes(except Lana is probably going to be in Sinnoh, sorry for the ones who are tired of it)
Poor Mallow though, if only she had an Eeveelution...
They should have saved Shaymin's departure for Journeys really.

This was a cute episode, a rather formulaic 'self esteem issues' plot, but still it was nice showing Sophocles is actually making continuing steps in his goals. I'm sadly not really sure what else to say on it otherwise. As many have mentioned, making Ampharos a borrowed Pokemon kinda dulls down the potential in developing Sophocles (as cute as Ampharos is, they do like their shy dork Ampharos in the anime, don't they?). It was at least part of the point of the plot, that Sophocles hasn't bonded with it great, but it dulls down much trainer development and makes it more simply a POTD. I feel if this was the same story for a COTD rather than Sophocles continuing his aim after SM, it would be a pretty dull episode.

I do like Goh sorta makes it reminiscent of the boy trio episodes in SM though, especially with all the Electric Pokemon teaming up in the end (wonder where Vikavolt is though).

Last edited:

Twilight-Kun

Pokemon World Champion
It's sad that freakin' Sophocles has done more character progress than Dawn, and she has had WAY more time to do so much more.
What's funny is that Sophocles had the most character development out of the trial captains in one episode in another series than he did in his debut generation

Only time will tell if that holds true for the others

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Did the orange boy do a makeover in this ep? Like changing his hairstyle/outfit?

Just watched this episode.
Seeing Soph again was nice. I love episodes that detail events that would happen in real life such as this.

Starswirl Pikachu

Kind of a pleasant surprise to see one of the Alola crew making progress toward their goal. Even though there was not any battling to speak of nor new pokemon captures, I think the space stuff is still semi interesting. Ampharos does not really get much attention so this seems like an ok side story. I totally forgot that Goh had a Raichu, he should use it more often!