• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Reach Space! Ampharos' Light (1185)

ShadowForce720

If Lana and Misty don't get to meet Inteleon there is something wrong here. (Lana outright said she thought Sobble was cute so she should at least have some kind of reaction to it's final stage)

I can see Inteleon in the hypothetical episodes for Lana and Mallow
(I also wouldn't be surprised if Chloe appears in the Lana episode considering they both have Eevees)

And Cinderace for Soph and Kiawe (Today's episode hinted that we'll be seeing Kiawe again soon and Cinderace really needs a Rematch anyways)

And both Inteleon and Cinderace can be used once they meet Lillie for the first time

Speaking of, How do you think Cinderace will hold up against Kiawe's Turtonator now that he is fully evolved?
Probably better then it did as a Scorbunny. Although I do wonder if they would have the rematch between Goh and Kiawe in Galar so that they can show off Gigantamax Cinderace and have a case of a Gigantamax vs a Z-Move.

Ace-Barn

#Tokio&Nickit
If Lana and Misty don't get to meet Inteleon there is something wrong here. (Lana outright said she thought Sobble was cute so she should at least have some kind of reaction to it's final stage)

I can see Inteleon in the hypothetical episodes for Lana and Mallow
(I also wouldn't be surprised if Chloe appears in the Lana episode considering they both have Eevees)

And Cinderace for Soph and Kiawe (Today's episode hinted that we'll be seeing Kiawe again soon and Cinderace really needs a Rematch anyways)

And both Inteleon and Cinderace can be used once they meet Lillie for the first time

Speaking of, How do you think Cinderace will hold up against Kiawe's Turtonator now that he is fully evolved?
Definitely will do better, which isn't saying much as just about the whole battle was off-screen. The anime has also cut back on the number of battles Goh gets into, so it is difficult to place where he supposedly is now battle-wise. Early PM seemed to be trying to push him as a rookie again, but that is less so recently.

I feel like the writers have back and forth'd quite a bit on how good a battler Goh is, so I would have to say that Kiawe still probably wins comfortably/ mid difficulty. Not that I couldn't see Goh and Cinderace do better, but we just haven't seen then get battle focus in order to have a good ability reading.

DragonKahuna

Dragon Master
I don't understand why Ampharos had to belong to Molayne when he is a Steel type trainer. They could have just said that Molayne gave Ampharos to Sophocles etc. It fits so well in Soph's team.

But still, one of the best Journeys episodes.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
It's disappointing that Ampharos was Molayne's, honestly don't know why considering he wasn't really even in the episode(Not to mention Steel is supposed to be his specialty)

It suits Soph more than that lame Comfey did with Brock that's for sure

BobbbidyBob

I got really bored watching this, it had potential though

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Was the new Pokemon given to the orange boy like the rest of his Pokemon? Or did he catch it for once?

Soniman

Break the Limit
Having watchted this and the Rocket episode back to back it's kind of amazing how much of a study in contrast they are to handling returning characters and kinda makes me frustrated at JN's inconsistency.

Sophocles was in the episode the whole time, it was about him and Ampharos, focused on his goal and aspirations and had some nice character development to top it all off with a satisfying conclusion. All of these things I cannot say about Butch and Cassidy's utilization. None of these characters are my favorite but it's still obvious to me when one is treated with respect and when one is just a cheap cameo and with JN it's just a Russian roulette which it'll be and that sucks to deal with.

Anyway nothing amazing but I enjoyed the episode, 6.5/10

British Soul

Top Hat Regulator
Not an essay time:
It was rather endearing seeing Molayne's Ampharos being as clumsy as it was, and it was so relatable as well, people stumble which can inadvertently result in a near disaster, as was the case when the tech at Mossdeep malfunctioned after Togedemaru made contact as a result of Ampharos' clumsiness, and whilst I'm on the subject of Mossdeep, I initially thought the episode took place at Hokulani Observatory until after the OP titles when it was clarified to be at Mossdeep. On another note, at least Dedenne can't monopolise exclusivity of the usage of the move Nuzzle as this was the first time a different pokemon used the move.

Ryker101

Yeah good ep all around. Got character moments, continuity and was entertaining throughout. Don't really have any notable complaints about this one. I hope we get more of these, giving returning characters 1 ep to focus on their goals again. At least with alola ones (like Lillie/Gladion especially).

thor94

lol, It seems the writers have real trouble to focus on something that not Goh involved, whatever the supposed not totally Goh focused épisode they plan, at a moment, the plot always quickly come back to him and/or his pokemon.

Thesnowmander11

1185.jpg

Reach Space! Ampharos' Light

Sophocles has asked for Ash & Goh to go to Mossdeep Space Centre where he has been doing research. He explains how an asteroid probe is out in space and is making its return using an Ampharos' light, but when the light doesn't turn on, the Ampharos loses all confidence in itself. Will Ash, Goh and Sophocles be able to help Ampharos overcome it and guide the probe home?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss
Lillie returns when ?!?!,!