• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

[READ FIRST POST] Murder III - Mauled in Mauville

pikalax

Back in the OLDEN days...
crazysteve - 2
Shadow Eeveelution - 5
FireTypeLover - 1
Shedinja705 - 1
kuriboh361 - 1
Charmander#4 - 1
charizarddreams - 1
Jean Grey - 3
moviezackiel - 1
Zhanton - 1
Corinton - 1

Take the next 20 hours to really think over your vote. Is this your final answer? If not, this will be your last chance to change it before the day ends.

pikalax

GAME FREEZE!!

The 18 Pokemon who had voted all gathered in the square and played Russian Roulette, with each Pokemon aiming at whoever they had voted for. Jean Grey was at the receiving end of the one loaded gun. He was innocent.

NIGHT ONE WILL END NO LATER THAN FRIDAY, OCTOBER 8, AT 5:00 PM EDT. Murderer, please PM me with your first victim and, if you wish, another note.

pikalax

The murderer has struck, and I don't feel like keeping you waiting for the night to end, so I'll end it now.

There was a huge fire last night, and Duskull (WishforaMilotic) has successfully been replaced by a pile of ashes. This note was found at the burnt house:

"Soon I'll be the only one left
Even if it takes until May
I'll always be third
And be waiting in the shadows"

It's quite obvious that this is an arson-homicide case. But who's the perp? You have until WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 13, 2010 AT 7:00 PM EDT, which is the end of Day 2 to cast your vote. With all that time, why not slow down, think it through, and discuss the possibilities.

Also, the 5-post minimum is in effect. The first posting deadline will occur at the end of Day 3. Anyone who has fewer than 5 posts by that time will be booted from the game (a modkill) and will not be given priority in the next season's registration.

There was a huge fire last night, and Duskull (WishforaMilotic) has successfully been replaced by a pile of ashes. This note was found at the burnt house:

I'll always be third

It's quite obvious that this is an arson-homicide case. But who's the perp?

Notice the post names "Ash" and "May". This may mean that the pokemon is from the Hoenn anime.

Soon I'll be the only one left
This seems to just be a filler.

First I think "But Mays finished!" but then I think that it could refer to the anime. May had a Torchic first. (This could go back to the first post about being at the start).

I'll always be third
The third pokemon on the list is Torchic.

And be waiting in the shadows
This could be about the fact that Torchic is in the shadow of Mudkip and is always overlooked.

Torchic is also a fire type pokemon. This would explain the arson and the cold blood comment. Fire is super-effective to ice.

Shedinja705 tried to fit in and also directed us a lot to the pokedex entries and tried to second the reptillian entries.
hm.....stil deciding, but I've got some advice for you all. Look at the pokedex entries for each pokemon, it may help you to decide who could do the most damage. if WishforaMilotic was really the murderur, than pikalax would already ban him for saying so. So now we have one person we KNOW isn't the murderer.
O.K, I'm saving the second post to say that I Vote:Charmander#4
Because since trapinch can probably do the most damage, AND, it's a reptile killing in cold blood. So there you go. remember, look at the pokedex entries.

Therefore I vote for Shedinja705.

Vote: Shedinja705

kuriboh361

Bearer of Peace
Charizardreams' reasoning is very strong.

I'll always be third

K, so the first line doesn't mean anything or so I think. As Charizardreams had said 'May' may be a reference to the anime. Out of all Pokemon in the list, only Torchic is a member of May's party. The third line may refer to the Pokemon having three members in its evolution line. Once again, Torchic is one of them. ...And lastly, the quote 'I liek Mudkip' plays a big part. Since Mudkip is the centre of attention here, Torchic may feel that he's being ignored. Ok, so let's see who Torchic is....

Vote: Shedinja705

The case for Torchic is quite strong, but let's consider some other possibilities, shall we?
Waiting in the shadows could be seen to back up the previous theory about a ghost type and being the only one left could refer to a single-stage Pokemon.
Well... I think I'll just wait and see, I'm not going to vote yet, but I am erring towards Torchic at this moment in time.

Indragon

Back in the USSR
Wow. Those are some pretty obvious clues as far as Torchic goes. A prime suspect now.

But I'm not discounting a Ghost type yet. A link between May and a Ghost type. Hm.

Shedinja705

An outcast...
drat, people are suspecting me. oh well, just a game, even if i do get voted out. Anyways, I'm suspecting Corinton, since the clues make me believe that Sablyeye did it. So,
Vote: Corinton

moviezackiel

Torchic is sounding like a prime suspect but I have suspects of my own.

The clue is obviously pointing to one of May's Pokemon. Thanks to the being at the start in the first post and always be third people instantly assume Torchic. But what about Wurmple. Like I said before start in the last puzzle could mean start of journey like what you catch first Pokemon. May's first caught Pokemon was a Wurmple.

Then what about the other starter Treecko. The first post was directed towards Mudkip. This one points a lot to Torchic. Treecko might be trying to get rid of the starters.

Epwna is a Sceptile

The epic turnip king
Well, at first I thought May meant the pokemon would be Spring-Like, but none of the pokemon our Spring-like. Then I thought of the anime. May has a Torchic. Shedinja705 is also third on the list, hense " I'll always be third".
But then comes the shadow part. A bunch of pokemon fit that clue. For now, I'm voting Shendinja as a base vote, but I'll keep on thinking. I'll explain all of my suspicions with more details in my next two posts, but for now...... Vote: Shendinja705

Shedinja705

An outcast...
Wait, MAY OWNED A TORCHIC???? O_O

crazysteve1001

How can you hate it?
i really have nothing else to say, but don't jump into the vote, these clues have seemed to obvious. The killer can easily be targeting people to make him get farther in the game so i'm not gonna vote yet

Well, besides the obvious fact that it's the name of a main character, what is significant about May, as a month? Well, Pokémon Emerald was released on May 1st, 2005. It is also the third game of the trio. Now, I can't really make any adequate connections to our potential murderers, but it may be an unorthodox hint to the real killer. Just something I noticed.

-Zane

Zhanton

le quant-à-soi
Sure, the May thing points to Torchic. The first clue pointed straight to Mudkip. The second points straight to Torchic. I'm thinking the murderer is trying to confuse us all and survive until later in the match.
Having said that, I think I'm going to wait a bit until I vote this time. See everyone else's reasoning. And the such.

pikalax

2 for Shedinja, 1 for Corinton.

Now this is how the game is played!

Also, don't forget - WishforaMilotic and * JeanGrey * are on the Council of Ghosts and can give a hint tonight, but only if you vote for one of them. But you all know that since you all clearly read the first post before signing up.

Epwna is a Sceptile

The epic turnip king
I ought to explain right now, my two prime suspects are Corinton and Shendinja705. Corinton fits the clues well. "I shall be the greatest assailant," Sableyes have a good base attack. "You'll find me at the start" Sableye's found in the first half of Sapphire/Emerald. 'I'll always be third" Dewford city is the third city in the game, and the city you find Sableye's in. "You'll find me in the shadows" You find Sableyes in he cave in Dewford City. I'll explain Shedinja705 in the next post. And for Council of ghosts Vote: WishforaMilotic

Epwna is a Sceptile

The epic turnip king
Hear's my analysis of Shedinja705. "Killing in cold blood" Fire is super effective to Ice. "You'll find me at the start" Torchic is a Starter. "If it takes until May" May has a Torchic in the Anime. "I'll always be third" Shedinja's third on the list. And Shedinja has been acting very suspiciously. So, there's more reason's to suspect Shedinja. I'm keeping my votes the same.