• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

[READ FIRST POST] Murder III - Mauled in Mauville

Shedinja705

An outcast...
Meh, great, seems that I'll be eliminated.:( Well as for my Cog vote, i'll say
Vote:WishforaMilotic

donny514

Treecko To The End
Well since the pikalax didnt say anything about me in the game i guess ill join. I agree with the guy with the treecko pic. (sry bout the name) Those are our top two choices but i think im not going with shedninja. Shadow eeveeloution, clue makes sense. Ill be the last one left mite mean the last survivor. The may part mite mean something sort of like how pokemon games come out in spring and may is in spring. Not sure bout the third part but the shadow makes perfect sense. and he hasent been talking to makesure he go's under the radar. Thats y i say

Vote: Shadow Eeveeloution

Epwna is a Sceptile

The epic turnip king
Donny, you can't join unless someone quits. The game already started. yoou can be a replacement

Mallymkun

A lady who's sure
Ooc: Argh, I've been really inactive, and the game's started! Noooo. D: I nearly forgot about it, and now we're almost waste deep in it. I hope I haven't missed too much.

"Killing in cold blood, I love it
I shall be the greatest assailant
I know you liek me
And you'll find me at the start"

"Soon I'll be the only one left
Even if it takes until May
I'll always be third
And be waiting in the shadows"

Here's my analysis. I hope I'm doing this right. I believe the murderer is trying to throw us off by making us all believe it's something to do with Mudkip or Torchic. Nothing is as obvious as that.

"Cold blood" I think has something to do with reptiles. And since the last one was an arson-homicide case, I'm suspecting FireTypeLover.

Why? Torkoal is based off of a tortoise, which is a reptile, which is cold blooded. "You'll find me at the start"...well, FireTypeLover is number one on the listing. He's at the start. Torkoals are fire types, and it's an arson-homicide, so he could've easily done it. Plus, hiding in the shadows could mean hiding in the smoke. Torkoals spew a lot of smoke, and several Pokedex entries say:

If it is attacked, it belches thick, black smoke and flees

If it is attacked, this Pokémon spouts thick black smoke to beat a retreat.

It blows out black soot if it is endangered

From FRLG, Ruby, and DPPt pokedexes respectively. They all talk about Torkoal sending out a smokescreen, which could be the "shadows." Therefore...

VOTE: FireTypeLover

Cog: *Jean Grey*

IN: Ralts drifted near the burnt ruins of the house, speechless. First the day care, now this...Ralts wasn't safe here. Not when the murderer is still out and about. The very thought filled her heart with terror. She mustn't linger here. Ralts quickly teleported away...

crazysteve1001

How can you hate it?
i agree with epwna is a sceptile about sabelye, i also think that you will have to think out side the box to get the killer so...
vote: corinton and for COG...
vote: wishforamilotic

Corinton

Riddler
Oh there's votes for me now? I guess it can't be helped. I have a few ideas on who it could be this round but I'll wait to cast a vote. I will look at the clues left more closely though.

"Killing in cold blood, I love it
I shall be the greatest assailant
I know you liek me
And you'll find me at the start"

I still think that these first few lines are to make everyone think that Mudkip (Crazysteve) is the killer. I truly don't think that it is him but maybe the clues can give us idea. All except a few on the list are actually 'cold blooded', and the 'greatest assailant' might refer to what they can amount to, not just their type. The misspelling is to point a finger at Mudkip, and the last line could easily be pointing to Wurmple, Treecko, Mudkip, Torchic, Spinda, Whismur, Meditite, Trapinch, and of course Sableye. As you can see there are a lot to choose from.

"Soon I'll be the only one left
Even if it takes until May
I'll always be third
And be waiting in the shadows"

Now these lines try to point us in a different direction. The first line alphabetically could be taken as pointing to Zangoose. The second line could point to Wurmple and Torchic. The third line is a little confusing, but Mudkip is the third basic starter in the Hoenn Region. Of course I could be over-analyzing this part. And the forth one is supposed to make you think it's a Ghost type, such as Sableye and Shuppet.

There's just some things to think about. Though keep in mind the one's I didn't name, because they might be the ones conspiring this. I'll make my vote later.

As for Council of Ghosts:
Vote:Wishforamilotic

voidhawk

Blergh!
I'm still considering my vote...

However, for the council of ghosts:

Vote: JeanGrey

Well, I don't know who to vote for lynching, but I may as well toss in my Council vote while I decide...

Vote: WishforaMilotic

-Zane

Zhanton

le quant-à-soi
For Council of Ghosts:
Vote: Wishforamilotic
As for the lynch, let's see...Wishforamilotic was murdered and turned into a pile of ash.
Wishforamilotic [going to call WFAM] voted for Kuriboh in the last lynch...Kuriboh is a Wurmple. Hmmm..
I've narrowed down my possible vote to three people:
-FireTypeLover - [Torkoal] the whole 'first' clue from last time, as well as hiding in the shadows, aka his smoke.
-moviezackiel - Zangoose -- this clue says "Soon I will be last." Zangoose is towards the end of the alphabet, and moviezackiel was the one who brought up the alphabet last time in his analysis.
-Corinton - because he voted for me without proper reasoning haha jokes. Sableye just seems suspicious. Also someone else gave many reasons as to why it could be Sableye.

I suppose Kuriboh is a tad suspicious as well, being Wurmple, the first Pokemon May caught [referring to the latest clue.] Kuriboh is also the third non-fire type on the list, and soon will be the last alphabetically if moviezackiel is murdered.
I'm leaning towards Kuriboh at the moment. I'll wait a bit more before casting my vote.

FireTypeLover

Mr. Soul Stealer
CoG vote:
Vote: WishforaMilotic because everyone else is.

Vote: Shedinja705
He has been acting suspiciously, and the clues all make sense. May has a Torchic, Shedinja's third in the list, though I'm not sure about the shadows one.

pikalax

Back in the OLDEN days...
can we have a vote count pikalax
If you are not playing, you may not post unless you want to be a replacement. Your request is rejected, and your vote is disqualified. Post again and you will be reported for spamming and banned from future seasons.

Some of you used the wrong format for the CoG vote. Please reread the first post if necessary. Any votes in the incorrect format will be ignored.

For the Lynch
Shedinja - 3
Corinton - 2
FireTypeLover - 1

For the Council
WishforaMilotic -9
JeanGrey - 2

pikalax

Did you even read my post? Your post is now considered SPAM. And a double post, no less. You are banned from the next season of Murder.

LET THIS BE A WARNING TO YOU. NEXT TIME, READ THE WHOLE THREAD INCLUDING THE FIRST POST, AND THINK BEFORE YOU POST.

pikalax

donny514: In that same post, I said, and I quote: "Your request is rejected". That means you cannot be a replacement because you clearly did not read the rules. And you continued to play despite the fact that someone who did read the rules, told you that you were breaking the rules by playing without a registration. You, sir, are PERMABANNED from Murder. Post here again and I will report you (again) for spam.

In the future, players will be required to have a minimum postcount on Serebii in order to be considered for registration as either a regular player or a replacement. This will be to ensure that, for one, this doesn't happen again.

To the rest of you, please continue to follow the rules and try not to tick me off. My frustration level is 60% as is thanks to donny514.

moviezackiel

I am wondering why would someone kill WishForAMilotic

To me the best way to find the killer is see they killed. If a girl is killed look at her boyfriend. So if WishForAMilotic is killed look at who they voted for or suggested.

They voted for kuriboh 361 who is a Wurmple. Wurmple is found at the start of the game, is a Pokemon owned by may and has a three stage evolutionary line. Evolutionary line is what I think always be third means.

WishForAMilotic also suggested that the killer was someone who voted for crazysteve in the first round to fit in with the crowd.

They also said they were the killer but of course they weren't since they died. Maybe they were murdered because everyone knew they weren't the killer therefore they wouldn't be a pawn like everyone else.

Zhanton

le quant-à-soi
[OoC]
Still tossing up between Corinton [Sableye], FireTypeLover [Torkoal], moviezackiel [Zangoose] and Kuriboh [Wurmple]. I'm scared that if I vote for Kuriboh I'll be the next one to be killed. Then again, perhaps the murderer IS Crazysteve [Mudkip], who posted the obvious Mudkip clue and now this one. He's been acting suspiciously, as has Shedinja. Kuriboh...I can't recall seeing Kuriboh post...maybe Kuriboh is trying to go under the radar? I'll think about it some more and make up my mind tomorrow, possibly.
[IC]
A restless night passed. Spinda woke up early to the sound of Pidgeot calling. It got up and trudged to the Day Care Centre to see if the Growlithe had begun their investigation. On the way, Spinda gasped with distress. A house was burnt down. Spinda cautiously took a step into the house and saw a pile of ashes lying on the floor. Could it be? Spinda was afraid. Very afraid. It looked around. This was Duskull's house. Good, Spinda thought. I hated Duskull. An eerie sound filled the air. A murderer was loose, and Spinda could be next. Spinda quickly fled the scene and ran to Mauville City.

Corinton

Riddler
OOC: This I'm technically a 'new' member and have a low post count, does this mean I have to raise my post count up to a certain number to continue on with the game?

IC: The reasoning against Kuriboh is starting to make more sense, since another way to look at the line, 'always be third' could be the third worm type of pokemon with three evolutions. Example: 1st Gen has Caterpie and Weedle, and their evolutions (Each has three evolutions) and 2nd Gen doesn't have one, so that makes Wurmple in the 3rd Gen the third of that kind in the Pokemon world.

I'm still not positively convinced on who it is though. But Kuriboh is looking like a fine candidate. I'll make my vote in the next couple of days depending on what happens.

Mallymkun

A lady who's sure
Ooc: I'm still looking at you FireTypeLover, and I'm not about to change my mind, but the reasoning against Kuriboh is making sense. Wurmple is the first pokemon caught by May, is the worm pokemon in the third gen, has an evolution line of three, and can be found at the start of the game. It's horribly fishy, or if you want a lame pun, incredibly wormy, but I think we've forgotten something here:

WishforaMilotic died in a burning house. Explain to me how a Wurmple could set fire to a house, and I'll be glad to convert.

Btw, can I unvote a member for the Cog? If I can, then:

Unvote: *Jean Grey*

Vote: WishforaMilotic

IN: Ralts felt impatience flip inside her stomach. When can I know what's going on? she thought. Suspicions were already forming inside her head, and she was concerned for her safety. After all, she could be next. Who knew what trouble her beliefs could get her into? Keep calm, she told herself, trying to push away the fear. Keep calm and carry on.

crazysteve1001

How can you hate it?
@corinton... If im correct than the post count your talking about only applies to this game, so when he says the post count is 5 that you need to have 5 post in this game by the end or else you'll get modkilled

and zhanton can you tell me how im being suspicious?

Last edited: