• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

[READ FIRST POST] Murder III - Mauled in Mauville

But why does it have to be wurmple? wurmple is too puny to take down a duskull, or to even get a SCRATCH on those day-care people. That's why i'm keeping my vote.

That has no logic behind it, whatsoever. If I didn't want to be caught when signing up, I could have just chosen Ralts, Wurmple, Feebas, or anything else with a miserable stat total.

Like I said, I don't believe there's any correlation between the story of the murder and the murderer themselves. Not to mention the murderer's stats or capabilities. I'm basing my votes solely off of the participants' choices and the clues given. I don't think over-analyzing anything is going to lead us to the real murderer.

-Zane

Indragon

Back in the USSR
So, pikalax, was that a clue? :p

FireTypeLover

Mr. Soul Stealer
Thanks for reminding me. I completely forgot about the Post Count Criterion.

The following surviving players have not yet reached the 10-post minimum.

Epwna is a Sceptile 9
moviezackiel 9
am zane ok. 8
crazysteve1001 6
Mallymkun 6
kuriboh361 4
Shadow Eeveelution 3
darkguizaum 3
Buraddo_Aipom 2
King of Pichus 2
.Wind. 2
Devastator2000 2
Charmander#4 1

That's 13 players. Out of 19. I don't want to modkill almost all the players.

What's worst is, svg invifwi hr ml shrg ghor!

Wait for a second, I passed the 10 post minimum? What?

Also, .Wind. quit Serebii, if he was the host of Pokémon Party 5.

pikalax

Back in the OLDEN days...
During the day, I had my Xatu use Future Sight to determine the lynch. It's supposed to strike soon.

XATU's Future Sight struck!
A critical hit!
Torchic (Shedinja705) died!
But Torchic was innocent!!!

Yeah, you read correctly. Torchic was not the murderer. And so, Night Two shall begin. WishforaMilotic will give the hint tonight, and the murderer will take another victim. Night people, please PM me your respective roles by Saturday, 5:00 PM EDT.

I will post the hint as soon as I receive it, and I will start the day when I have received both roles.

Players, please refrain from posting in the thread.

Last edited:

pikalax

Just a quick update while it's still night:

Here is the list of those who still need to meet their quota. This quota must be met without spamming, double-posting, or posting at night. Anyone who fails to follow the rules will be modkilled on site. Anyone who fails to reach 10 posts by the end of Day 3 will be modkilled at nightfall. The days are long enough, so there should be NO excuses.

crazysteve1001 7
Mallymkun 7
kuriboh361 6
Shadow Eeveelution 3
darkguizaum 3
King of Pichus 2
.Wind. 2
Charmander#4 1

I think that list is correct for the people playing the game. If it's not, please notify me via PM.

If you are on this list, I will notify you at daybreak via PM. Make sure your PM inbox is enabled and that you can receive PMs from people who are not on your Friends list.

That is all. Good night.

pikalax

'Everyone Happy Wifi Connection'

This was the clue left by WishforaMilotic. In other news, themightydoof was mauled to death last night. This note was left next to his mangled body:

" All of you came close
'Las, no one did as well
Kills will get more intense
Only I will last more than 40 days "

Thus begins DAY THREE. Anyone who has not accumulated enough posts will be notified. The Day is set to end on MONDAY, OCTOBER 25, 2010 at 7:00 PM EDT.

FireTypeLover

Mr. Soul Stealer
'Everyone Happy Wifi Connection'? Maybe WishforaMilotic is saying that the murderer is commonly traded on the Global Trade System or something. Or something about Mystery Gift or any convesation you have in the game, since that sounds 'Everyone Happy Wifi Connection' sounds a lot like something in there. Though, I'm not sure how the latter will work...a Pokémon given by Mystery Gift?

Also, .Wind. rejoined Serebii. My information is outdated...

Zhanton

le quant-à-soi
Third Clue:
" All of you came close
'Las, no one did as well
Look at the first letters of each line:
A
L
K
O

Unscramble them to get KOAL. Torkoal.
FireTypeLover, aka Torkoal was the first to post after the murder had taken place.
Torkoal can use fire type attacks to burn a Pokemon [Duskull] and looks vicious enough to maul a Pokemon [mightydoof].
COG Clue:
Not too sure about this one. In FireTypeLover's signature, he has Pokemon that could be up for trade. Hence the Wifi thing. Not too sure about this clue.

Second Clue:
"Soon I'll be the only one left
Even if it takes until May
I'll always be third
And be waiting in the shadows"
I'll be the only one left - Torkoal is part of a one-stage evolutionary line. It's also first onthe list.
It can create smoke, thus hiding in its own shadows.
It's also trying to frame Torchic and Mudkip, thus hiding in the shadows of the other suspects.

First Clue:
"Killing in cold blood, I love it
I shall be the greatest assailant
I know you liek me
And you'll find me at the start"
Cold = ice. Fire > Ice in terms of type effectiveness. Torkoal is also based on a turtle, a cold-blooded animal. Torkoal is at the start of the list.

All of FireTypeLover's votes have been given with little to no reasoning and the more I think about it, the more suspicious he is.
Torkoal is the murderer.

Vote: FireTypeLover

Mallymkun

A lady who's sure

This was the clue left by WishforaMilotic. In other news, themightydoof was mauled to death last night. This note was left next to his mangled body:

" All of you came close
'Las, no one did as well

Hmm...well, I'm glad zhanton shares my suspicion of FireTypeLover, but still, "Everyone Happy Wifi Connection?" Huh? WishforaMilotic, you're even more cryptic than the murderer. But hey...Corinton has his friend code in his sig. Does that have something to do with "Wifi Connection?"

And the new clue is as strange as the last two. We came close? How close? But the 40 days part...Wailmer evolves into Wailord at level 40. Epwna plays as a Wailmer and got one vote for the lynch. But Torkoal fits more of the clues. I'll wait and see what others think before casting a vote.

crazysteve1001

How can you hate it?
this clue is so confusing... it totally leads me to so many different suspects

first, if i read it correctly it says we got close and didnt come close at the same time,

When it says the kills will only get more intense, i think of roll out and the only pokemon i can think of in the game who can learn roll out is walimer.

it says only i will last more than 40 days, i thought of who signed up after the 40th post, and the people who did was Corinton, .wind, zhanton, mally mkun, wish for a milotic, charmander#4, and am zane ok.

40 days also sounds like what Mallymkun said that wailmer evolves at level 40 and he learns roll out by leveling up.

sooo i vote
vote: Epawna is a sceptile but im still not sure

Zhanton

le quant-à-soi
Guys, I suggest you read my post above, as it lists lots and lots of reasons as to why FireTypeLover is the murderer. The strongest piece of evidence, after looking at the third clue, is:

A
L
K
O

FireTypeLover

Mr. Soul Stealer
Third Clue:

A
L
K
O

FireTypeLover, aka Torkoal was the first to post after the murder had taken place.
Torkoal can use fire type attacks to burn a Pokemon [Duskull] and looks vicious enough to maul a Pokemon [mightydoof].
COG Clue:

Not too sure about this one. In FireTypeLover's signature, he has Pokemon that could be up for trade. Hence the Wifi thing. Not too sure about this clue.

Second Clue:

I'll be the only one left - Torkoal is part of a one-stage evolutionary line. It's also first onthe list.
It can create smoke, thus hiding in its own shadows.
It's also trying to frame Torchic and Mudkip, thus hiding in the shadows of the other suspects.

First Clue:

Cold = ice. Fire > Ice in terms of type effectiveness. Torkoal is also based on a turtle, a cold-blooded animal. Torkoal is at the start of the list.

All of FireTypeLover's votes have been given with little to no reasoning and the more I think about it, the more suspicious he is.
Torkoal is the murderer.

Vote: FireTypeLover

Those Pokémon aren't for trade...they're in the several RPs I'm doing right now...

moviezackiel

The clues towards Torkoal are very convincing but let's think about this some more. WishForAMilotic clue makes no sense for Torkoal or as far as I can tell anyone.

The first clue says we came close. Then it says we didn't do as well. This means the first round we did better than this round. We came closer to finding the killer last round. Also the first clue suggests no one voted for him this round but we were suspicious.

One more suggestion. What if we came close to finding the killer's apprentice (If he has one) but not so much on the killer

Indragon

Back in the USSR
Poor Torchic; killed as the murderer expected =/

Right now, Torkoal's looking like a healthy suspect; especially after what zhanton posted. Can't add much to that.

What caught my attention, though, was the last line of the clue. 40 days. Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Noah's flood last 40 days? Now, this does seem like a totally unbelievable connection, but 40 just seems a random number too. This may be talking about the flood; in which case, all Water types come under immediate suspicion, especially Wailmer and Mudkip.

I don't know how "Everyone Happy Wi-Fi Connection" fits in yet, but it may be important to note that E, W and C are all present in Epwna's name. But maybe this has something more directly to do with Wi-Fi, or maybe Jubilife City or the 'mystery' gift...

Zhanton

le quant-à-soi
Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Noah's flood last 40 days? Now, this does seem like a totally unbelievable connection, but 40 just seems a random number too. This may be talking about the flood; in which case, all Water types come under immediate suspicion, especially Wailmer and Mudkip.
You are correct.

WFAM was killed after voting for Kuriboh to draw suspicion to Kuriboh.
Themightydoof was killed after voting for Shadow Eeveelution, the Treecko.

Remember how the first two clues pointed to Mudkip and Treecko? They were both prime suspects in Round 1 but have seemingly vanished off our suspects list.
If I recall correctly, nobody voted for Epwna in Round 1 and I think I was the only one to do so in Round 2...

I think the suspect list is growing...I think it now consists of Kuriboh [Wurmple], Corinton [Sableye] Firetypelover [Torkoal], Shadow Eeveelution [Treecko] Epwna [Wailmer] and Crazysteve [Mudkip].

I'll keep my vote the same, though. For now, at least.

Mallymkun

A lady who's sure
Torkoal, Wurmple, Treecko, Sableye, Wailmer, and Mudkip. Of these suspects I still think Torkoal is the most suspicious one, and Wailmer fits (maybe) some of the clues as well, but NONE of them have anything to do with Mystery Gift.

But hey, what if we have an accomplice running around with the murderer too? And like moviezackiel suggested, what if we're actually closer to catching an accomplice than the actual murderer? That'd be horribly chaotic. :/

Also:

P.S. Feebas is sketchy. Just saying.

This is from a while back, and I think Zane's the only player to ever throw out a suspicion for MightyDoof, even if he was "just saying." I'm just bringing that up because I found it a bit interesting. I'm still going to hold my vote back until more things are found. And yay, 9 posts.

[IN]
It caused a great deal of confusion for Ralts, for what could be gained from murdering a fish other than that the murderer could eat it for dinner? Ralts giggled from the absurdity of it all but felt bad about it afterwards.

Corinton

Riddler
Hmm, way too many suspects now. I might have been thinking of the wrong person this whole time, but this brings up a lot of new points and perspective. Is there anyone here who these clues DON'T point to?

Zhanton

le quant-à-soi
Is there anyone here who these clues DON'T point to?
Yes. I think so.

but NONE of them have anything to do with Mystery Gift.
I know right, WFAM's clue was awful :/
Of course, what if we're overanalysing it? Everyone Happy Wi-fo Connection is in DPPt, right? Is it Jubilife City that you unlock Mystery Gift? Jubilife also has the GTS [Wi-fi]. Which Pokemon is commonly traded on GTS? The starters are...but what else?

FireTypeLover

Mr. Soul Stealer
Yes. I think so.

I know right, WFAM's clue was awful :/
Of course, what if we're overanalysing it? Everyone Happy Wi-fo Connection is in DPPt, right? Is it Jubilife City that you unlock Mystery Gift? Jubilife also has the GTS [Wi-fi]. Which Pokemon is commonly traded on GTS? The starters are...but what else?

'Everyone Happy Wifi Connection'? Maybe WishforaMilotic is saying that the murderer is commonly traded on the Global Trade System or something. Or something about Mystery Gift or any convesation you have in the game, since that sounds 'Everyone Happy Wifi Connection' sounds a lot like something in there. Though, I'm not sure how the latter will work...a Pokémon given by Mystery Gift?

Does everyone skip my posts?