• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

[READ FIRST POST] Murder III - Mauled in Mauville

Epwna is a Sceptile

The epic turnip king
Here's what I think. "All of you came close, Las' no one did as well" That could mean the murderers someone who got voted for Day 1, but not Day two.It could just be to throw us off. "Kills will get more intense" I'm thinking the murder means Fury Cutter, and Treecko's evolution Grovyle can learn it. Also, Spheal can learn Rollout by Move tutor. "Only I will last 40 days" This could mean a lot of things. 40 could be the level a pokemon or it's evo learns a move, like how Kirlia learns future sight at level fourty in Ruby/Sapphire. Also, ALKO being KOAL is very likely. Also, WFAM's clue could mean a pokemon that is commonly traded. I remember that two of the most commonly traded pokemon according to GTS before it closed down the website are Treecko and Mudkip. Both were in the top ten. I'm not ready to vote, but I have a prime suspect.

I'm completely confused by WishforaMilotic's clue.. I did research on events and the only Pokémon that was 3rd generation that was distributed on May was Milotic... And Feebas just died. So I am completely stumped. I have no idea who to vote for right now. I'm guessing that the hint is actually in-game, in Diamond and Pearl, considering that the "EVERYONE HAPPY WIFI CONNECTION" started (to my knowledge) in that generation. Bah, I'm stuck.

I'm going to wait till I'm back home tomorrow to do more research, but for now, I feel that I don't have the judgment to actually vote for anybody...

Also, I'm doing much too much research on this to be a suspect (I mean, really, I discovered that Emerald was released in May, searching for an alternate meaning to "May" in the note). That comment about Doof way earlier was as a joke, but I guess that murder is serious business. Haha.

-Zane

Corinton

Riddler
Also, I'm doing much too much research on this to be a suspect (I mean, really, I discovered that Emerald was released in May, searching for an alternate meaning to "May" in the note). That comment about Doof way earlier was as a joke, but I guess that murder is serious business. Haha.

-Zane

^^ Looks a little suspicious >.<

Still unsure who to vote on though, it could be too many people. I'll think on it.

crazysteve1001

How can you hate it?
after contemplating everything i change my vote

unvote:epawna
vote:firetypelover

voidhawk

Blergh!
I'm really not sure what to vote...

We have three clues, and yet I seems to be harder than before!

I think FireTypeLover is shady, but I can't give enough reasons (yet) why I feel that way. WFAMs clue is extremely cryptic. I was wondering, when you tell those words to the man in game to get the mystery gift option, which town is he in? Does he have a pokemon near him, anything to do with any of the players? Just a thought.

Do any of the players run a trade shop on the forums? FCs in their sigs?

Will post with more thoughts later on. :)

Indragon

Back in the USSR
Remember how the first two clues pointed to Mudkip and Treecko? They were both prime suspects in Round 1 but have seemingly vanished off our suspects list.

Well, I think that can be safely attributed to the fact that the murderer was pointing us to the starters' direction. All three of them have been strongly suspected, but I think the clues pointing to them were faaar too obvious.

I think the suspect list is growing...I think it now consists of Kuriboh [Wurmple], Corinton [Sableye] Firetypelover [Torkoal], Shadow Eeveelution [Treecko] Epwna [Wailmer] and Crazysteve [Mudkip].

I'd actually take Mudkip and Treecko off that list, and lower Sableye. Wailmer and Torkoal look to be the top suspects now.

'Course, the murderer could really be anyone. The clues have till now been pointing to someone else, or removing someone from suspicion, rather than pointing to the murderer.

But hey, what if we have an accomplice running around with the murderer too? And like moviezackiel suggested, what if we're actually closer to catching an accomplice than the actual murderer? That'd be horribly chaotic. :/

Could that be the case? In the previous game, I remember pikalax announced that an accomplice had been chosen.

Here's what I think. "All of you came close, Las' no one did as well" That could mean the murderers someone who got voted for Day 1, but not Day two.

Good point. May have to look into that.

Also, WFAM's clue could mean a pokemon that is commonly traded. I remember that two of the most commonly traded pokemon according to GTS before it closed down the website are Treecko and Mudkip. Both were in the top ten. I'm not ready to vote, but I have a prime suspect.

This, I think, is absolutely not the case though. If the clue was about the GTS, then "GTS" would have been a sufficiently vague clue, because it could mean anything to do with it. I'm thinking the current clue doesn't have anything to do directly with Wi-Fi. It's a "Mystery Gift", so maybe it could be a code or anagram or something...

moviezackiel

I think I have an answer to WFAM's clue. We got Wi-Fi connection in Generation 4 which introduced Sinnoh. So maybe a Poke in Sinnoh's PokeDex would count. This is Meditite,Ralts,Azurill, and Wurmple. Wurmple was a prime suspect last round and if this is what WFAM clue is trying to tell uss then he is a prime suspect this round.

voidhawk

Blergh!
Okay, that's a good spin on the reasoning!

Unfortunately, I'm included :(

But, that is four more suspects with a clue against them. If you cross reference with the other clues, you get wurmple, there we agree.

However, I think, with all the clues pointing to different people, that spinda is a reasonable suspect, given what spinda's Dex entry is. (it talks about confusing its enemies)

when does day 3 end, btw?

Zhanton

le quant-à-soi
So, since S-E is now replaced, I guess that crosses him off the suspect list...since, seriously, why would a murderer need to be replaced for the remainder of the game?
I just realised that I'm one of the few people who does not match any of the clues, along with Nincada, Azurill, Meditite, Ralts and Trapinch. All the others match one or clue clue more or less...And if Moviezackiel's WFAM Clue reasoning is correct then only myself, Nincada and Trapinch remain.
I'll stick with my vote on FTL. At least we know for sure Treecko is not the murderer now.

For COG:
Vote: Shedinja705

Mallymkun

A lady who's sure
I'll be voting for FireTypreLover again using my past reasoning from earlier. For now, that is.

VOTE: FireTypeLover

Manchee

extra toasty
So, since S-E is now replaced, I guess that crosses him off the suspect list...since, seriously, why would a murderer need to be replaced for the remainder of the game?

If someone is the murderer and can't continue, it wouldn't be that hard for someone to take over for them.

I'm undecided on voting right now since I just joined in, so expect my votes later.

pikalax

Back in the OLDEN days...
Just as a quick note, if you're replacing someone, your postcount gets added to the postcount of the person you're replacing.

For the lynch:
FTL - 3

For the Council:
Shedinja - 1

Manchee

extra toasty
The forty days thing could point to darkguizaum since Ninjask is the evolution of his Pokémon here and Ninjask is the fortieth Hoenn Pokémon in the dex.

Though another suspicion I have is Indragon... in the building where you get the Mystery Gift in D/P, there is a trainer with a Marill. Muh. Also, May replaced Misty, who later reappeared with an Azurill.

I'm still debating on who to vote for as the murderer. As for the Council...

CoG: Shedinja705

voidhawk

Blergh!
There is a marill in the building where you get the mystery gift function? Well, I think that is the strongest reasoning on WFAMs clue so far.

Council of ghosts

Vote: Jean grey

crazysteve1001

How can you hate it?
COG:Shedinja