• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

[READ FIRST POST] Murder III - Mauled in Mauville

crazysteve1001

How can you hate it?
i dont understand the four line clue but the noahs ark leads me towards wailmer, im just afraid the its another obvious framing

Manchee

extra toasty
Well I'm hoping maybe I might be right this time. Imo, I think the murderer is Corinton.

"Killing in cold blood, I love it
I shall be the greatest assailant
I know you liek me
And you'll find me at the start"

Well cold blood could refer to a Gohst-type, which Sableye/Corinton is.

"Soon I'll be the only one left
Even if it takes until May
I'll always be third
And be waiting in the shadows"

The last line makes me really think it's Corinton again, though that's the only part of this that I can pin on him.

"All of you came close
'Las, no one did as well
Kills will get more intense
Only I will last more than 40 days"

This clue came right after Shedinja was killed. He had three votes against him, as did Corinton. I think that if I'm right about this, that first clue completely points to him.

"I need another story
I know what they mean
9 more days
9 to kill"

I have no idea what this means, especially the last part since there are eleven people left, and the murderer would have to kill ten of them ><

'Everyone Happy Wifi Connection'

Never noticed this before, but Corinton's FC is in his signature. js. ^^;;

"Be aware, the end is near, and Noah is building his ark."

In Corinton's sig, it also says, "Don't worry, all will end soon." And I'm pretty sure the part about Noah's ark is also referring to the clue about 40 days, though I have no idea what either of them are trying to say.

I'm going to wait and see what everyone else thinks first though before I vote ^^ Though I'll vote for the Council since I think Indragon in the most fit to give the next clue :3

Vote: Indragon

Epwna is a Sceptile

The epic turnip king
I think the murderer is trying to say he has an accomplice. "9 to kill" If the murderer has an accomplice, he'll only need to kill 9 people. That's all I can think of for this clue, but....
Vote:Indragon

I'll see what others think before I make my lynch vote.

Manchee

extra toasty
If there is an accomplice, two people would be killed each night. So unless the murderer plans on getting an accomplice soon, that clue is wrong D:

My first thought was, "Well, what is genderless? Noah only took female and male animals on the ark..." but all of the choices have genders. My only ideas are...

-Sablye is mythological (thus not being saved)
-Wailmer is known for water transit
-Meditite could predict the flood

That's all that immediately comes to mind. I'll do more research when I'm home later.

-Zane

voidhawk

Blergh!
We can safely assume that Noahs ark has something to do with it. Perhaps a pokemon that learns judgement? I dunno if any do, but that would explain the flood clue.

I also think that an accomplice is likely. Do they have to kill two every night? Or can it be one, giving us different clues each night and throwing us off?

On top of all this, buraddo_aipom's reasoning is fairly sound. I think this rules out fire types, as a watery deluge doesn't match up.

Anyhow, for the CoG:

The murderer only has to kill 9. Once it is the last day and there is one person left, it's check mate. If I read the rules correctly, anyways. I don't believe there is an accomplice (at the moment).

Revelation: "Everyone Happy Wifi Connection" may refer to the infamous Wondereye (Wonder Guard Sableye) that was used to cheat a win via wifi battles. I didn't consider that before, but it may be the connection. Farfetch'd (heh. Poképun), but possible.

-Zane

voidhawk

Blergh!
I meant punishment, not judgement... Punishment is more accurately descriptive of the flood, I was to destroy an incredibly sinful world, and sableye is the only one who learns punishment... That wonderguard sableye is interesting. I didn't know about that, but it seems very plausible as a clue. Was it big when wifi first started? That would strengthen the clue, as it is talking about when you first get the wifi connection, maybe the first few battles and then you encounter a cheat sableye?

Manchee

extra toasty
am zane ok. said:
The murderer only has to kill 9. Once it is the last day and there is one person left, it's check mate. If I read the rules correctly, anyways. I don't believe there is an accomplice (at the moment).

*forgot* >.<

am zane ok. said:
Revelation: "Everyone Happy Wifi Connection" may refer to the infamous Wondereye (Wonder Guard Sableye) that was used to cheat a win via wifi battles. I didn't consider that before, but it may be the connection. Farfetch'd (heh. Poképun), but possible.

Hm. I think that seals it for me. But of course, I'll wait a little longer since this is all just happening right after the killing.

Was it big when wifi first started? That would strengthen the clue, as it is talking about when you first get the wifi connection, maybe the first few battles and then you encounter a cheat sableye?

I doubt that would matter. The clue most likely wouldn't go that in-depth, and I think it only refers to Wi-Fi in general.

Zhanton

le quant-à-soi
Corinton's looking pretty suspicious right about now. I've always been suspicious of him...come to think of it, this is what Corinton said in Day 1 when we were discussing the murder.

Sorry for the late post, I haven't had internet the past few days >.<)

Vote: Zhanton

If you notice, the killing words describe everyone EXCEPT Spinda.

Quote:
I know you liek me

The first line tries to tell us it's a Water type, Reptile, or a Ghost. The second one could describe it's abilities, and attacks. The third line is there to get us to believe it's Mudkip, since everyone Lieks Mudkipz. And the last one may make you think it's Fire Type because the very first on the list is a Torkoal.

That's just some food for thought.

It seems that, what he did there was basically go through his reasonings for giving the clue that he did.
Plus, what with the whole finding Sableye towards the start, it being a great assailant due to its typing, its hiding in the shadows, the fact his FC and the phrase "all will end soon" are in his signature. He's looking quite the prime suspect.
Not too sure where the flood fits in though.

However, I suppose this could all be an elaborate hoax to throw us off. My current suspect list consists of Corinton, FTL and Epwna.

Well, I'm glad that I thought of that... I wish it occurred to me before, but Sableye was not exactly first to come to my mind.

As I said, the only thing I can think of is that Sableye's the only mythical creature... That's my only connection I can think of for Noah's Ark (and, I'll be honest, it isn't very convincing... but who knows. Council hints are meant to be vague and unintuitive, I guess). While it is a much better clue than WishforaMilotic's, it still leaves the choice open ended for either Sableye or Wailmer, really. I really have NO idea how any of the other choices can possibly tie in.

Also, if the Wonder Guard Sableye is good enough to be dubbed its own title in Wondereye, it was probably common enough to be a notable Wifi flaw.

Vote: themightydoof

I still want doof. :c

-Zane

Corinton

Riddler
The reasoning is starting to make sense, and I admit that I don't know enough about the Wi-Fi battling to know some of it. It does make sense for whoever the murderer is to have an accomplice though. The rules just point to one death a night, not two, because that would be too easy to tell if there's an accomplice. In my opinion the fact that the killer only has to kill 9 is evidence of it right there.

"I need another story
I know what they mean
9 more days
9 to kill"

I have a feeling that we're focusing on the wrong parts of this clue. "I need another story, I know what the mean" Could point to a number of things, with the killer at the top. Such as one of the starters who was underused or and famous Pokemon that you can't find in very many other games. Such as Zangoose who is only available in ONE of the games.

Also, look at the recent posters here. Everyone has their FC in their Signature except for Epwna, Crazysteve, and Burrado. If the killer left this clue wouldn't they make the clue point in a different direction than the killer(s)?

@Zhanton, I'm afraid it's not a hoax. I suspected you and I still do. I just don't have the evidence to prove you guilty... Yet. Though I'm not convinced fully that it's just you, I don't know who else it could be. But my statement's not official yet so my views could change.

Mallymkun

A lady who's sure
"Be aware, the end is near, and Noah is building his ark."

And to add to this flood of excitement, the murderer has taken another life - that of Indragon, who was impaled by a corn dog. This note was left at the foot of his bed:

"I need another story
I know what they mean
9 more days
9 to kill"

And so, Day Four begins. Please resume posting in the thread.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, this ends on Tuesday 5:00 PM. Get your votes in, especially if you want a decent Congressman.

Ooc: So now Noah's ark is involved? Hmm...hey, guess who mentioned Noah's ark first in this thread? Indragon, that's who. Who did he last vote for (not including Devastator) that's still alive? The Noah's ark thing points to a bunch of water types, most fishiest of all Epwna.

Hmm...the clue is so cryptic this time. I have several suspects, especially Epwna and Corinton after looking at the above posters' reasoning, but I'll think more about it later.

CoG

Zhanton

le quant-à-soi
@Zhanton, I'm afraid it's not a hoax. I suspected you and I still do.
Hahaha, I don't think you understood what I meant; by saying that this might be an elaborate hoax I meant all the clues pointing to you being an elaborate hoax...you know, the murderer building up reasons that you are the murderer. So, what you just said is that it's not a hoax and thus the clues are not pointing to an innocent person but the murderer, you. Hahaha.

ho did he last vote for (not including Devastator) that's still alive?
Indragon was highly suspicious of Epwna and Nincada. Thing is, Nincada's dead. Plus, Wailmer fits in with the greatest assailant thing [become the biggest Pokemon upon evolution] and makes sense with the flood story.
The first CoG clue just doesn't seem to fit in anywhere though.

Also, look at the recent posters here. Everyone has their FC in their Signature except for Epwna, Crazysteve, and Burrado. If the killer left this clue wouldn't they make the clue point in a different direction than the killer(s)?
Erhem, neither do I. The Wi-fi clue was left by WFAM, a dead person, who would actually want to frame the killer.

My suspicion list remains the same: Corinton, FTL and Epwna. Moviezackiel is also a suspect [nobody has really ever suspected him at all since the clues steer so far away from him...] but the first three are, I think, everyone's top three suspects.

Manchee

extra toasty
It does make sense for whoever the murderer is to have an accomplice though. The rules just point to one death a night, not two, because that would be too easy to tell if there's an accomplice.

Like I've been saying, if there's an accomplice, two people are killed each night. That's the whole point of the accomplice. It wouldn't be fair to have all clues pointing to someone helping the murderer. And plus, if there was an accomplice, we would be told about it and then would also vote twice each night, once for the murderer and once for the accomplice.

And if you still insist on being right:

pikalax said:
The murderer is at any time in the game able to choose an accomplice (This led to the murderer's victory in Murder II; they will do this by PM) who is then also able to kill people and bring the total killings up to double!

At least I'm 99% sure that's how it works.

pikalax

Back in the OLDEN days...
CoG Votes:
6 for Indragon
1 for themightydoof

Game Host's EDIT: It is true that I would inform you of an accomplice. However, it's still one vote per person and one lynch each evening. So make yours count.

Last edited:

pikalax

Back in the OLDEN days...
Some of you may have misinterpreted my previous post, so let me just clarify:

There is no accomplice as of yet. If there was an accomplice, I would have told you at the end-of-night update. Right now, you need to focus your efforts on catching the murderer before they choose an accomplice.

Corinton

Riddler
Whoops, I misinterpreted that Zhanton, and I admit I did think there was an accomplice, but it turns out there isn't. I'm going to have to think a little more about this to figure out who the murderer might be. Even if it makes everyone even more suspicious of me, I want to find the killer so we can stop losing friends, and so those of us that are innocent can clear our names.

Zhanton

le quant-à-soi
I agree with Corinton...we should all think this through together. I'm just going to analyse the first clue in-depth...someone else can do the others :p Hopefully it will give us some more clues.

I know you liek me
Kecleon is a reptile, hence cold-blooded. It can also be seen as the greatest assailant as it can change type, I suppose.

Sableye, having no weaknesses, can be seen as the greatest assailant. It can be found in the Granite Cave in Dewford, early in Hoenn. It's also a ghost type, which fits in with the cold blood clue.

Many trainers in Brawly's Gym [the 2nd gym in Hoenn] own a Meditite [find me at the start]

Ralts can be found relatively early in RSE.

moviezackiel suggested the clue "You'll find me at the start" could refer to the alphabet; Zangoose, zackiel's Pokemon, is the last in the alphabet. It also looks menacing, and, in my opinion looks like a Pokemon that would enjoy killing in cold blood haha.

Spheal...being an ice type, I suppose Spheal would enjoy killing in COLD blood. But that's it for Spheal.

You know you liek Mudkip. It's also a reptile, hence cold-blooded, and found at the start, being a starter.

Treecko is the only starter not referenced in the first two clues, with the first two blatantly pointing to Mudkip and Torchic. It's a starter and hence found at the start, and it is cold-blooded.

Torkoal is found at the very start of the player list. It also can hide in the shadows of its smoke. A fire type Pokemon killing in cold blood sounds acceptable, and plus Torkoal is a turtle so is cold blooded.

Wailmer...hmm...well, since it evolves into Wailord, the biggest Pokemon, it could be seen as the greatest assailant.

And yup, that's my analysis. Hopefully this can help us on our quest :]

Mallymkun

A lady who's sure
Vote: Corinton

And this is why:

Killing in cold blood, I love it
I know you liek me
And you'll find me at the start
The infamous invincible Wonderye is a hacked Sableye, which is of course the greatest assailant. You can find Sableye very early in the game. The "I know you liek me" bit is way too obvious, and it's to throw us all off. As for cold blood, it could mean Sableye's natural habitat: a cave. Caves are often chilly, so it'd make sense that those living in it would be cold too.

Soon I'll be the only one left
Even if it takes until May
I'll always be third
And be waiting in the shadows
The last sentence of this clue could mean Sableye's natural habitat again: a shadowy cave. I think the "I'll always be third" and the reference about May is to throw us off again and it was successful apparently, as Torchic and Wurmple are both dead.

All of you came close
'Las, no one did as well
Kills will get more intense
Only I will last more than 40 days
On Day 2, both Shedinja and Corinton got the same amount of lynch votes: three each. Due to the lottery, Shedinja was lynched instead of Corinton, so if Corinton is the murderer, we did indeed get, very, very close. Also, from WFAM's clue, Corinton has his friend code in his sig.

I need another story
I know what they mean
9 more days
9 to kill
From Shedinja's hint, Noah's ark could be the story in question. Also from the Noah's Ark hint and voidhawk's post somewhere up there, the flood could mean the move Punishment. The only pokemon left that knows Punishment is Sableye. And also from Shedinja's hint, Corinton's sig has this quote:

Don't worry, all will end soon. All thoughts, all words, all feelings, all your love and hatred. Everything will end here! But again, don't worry, death may bring peace to your soul
Similar much to the first part of Shedinja's hint?

Answering my own question from before, the last person Indragon voted for was Corinton.

I hope this analysis is helpful. There are bits I'm not too sure of, but I'll figure 'em out soon enough.