• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

[READ FIRST POST] Murder III - Mauled in Mauville

Zhanton

le quant-à-soi
Also, the 150,000 steps clue could refer to Uid's. Although, I can't find any sort of connection. *Goes to tell indragon*.
What in the world is a Uid??

Yes, and we're still hung up about that cryptogram that Devastator figured out halfway.
Aka Pikalax's infamous anagram:
Thanks for reminding me. I completely forgot about the Post Count Criterion.

The following surviving players have not yet reached the 10-post minimum.

Epwna is a Sceptile 9
moviezackiel 9
am zane ok. 8
crazysteve1001 6
Mallymkun 6
kuriboh361 4
Shadow Eeveelution 3
darkguizaum 3
Buraddo_Aipom 2
King of Pichus 2
.Wind. 2
Devastator2000 2
Charmander#4 1

That's 13 players. Out of 19. I don't want to modkill almost all the players.

What's worst is, svg invifwi hr ml shrg ghor!
Tbh I'm still convinced, as I was when it was first posted, that the 'code' refers to the fact the murderer is on that list.

Also Luxrayess, pleeease finish your story! :]

Corinton

Riddler
Imo, the 150,000 steps refers to Wailmer's Egg, where you have to take 150,000 steps to hatch it. I may be wrong but that's what I think it is.

Devastator2000

Are you high...?
What in the world is a Uid??

Also Luxrayess, pleeease finish your story! :]

Yes, that would be most jolly.
You don't know what a UserID is? And you thought I wasn't smart.
UserID, or UID for short is the Number we get when we register, Mine is 153172. Serebii's is 1.

Luxrayess

Sound(?) asleep...
Okay, okay... I'll finish my story for 'Sherlock' Mudkip. I hope you enjoy it. I reckon it took me over an hour to write. It's a long and sad ending; you've been warned.

[IC]
Just outside of Verdanturf Town, two very large figures were holding a secret conversation in the woodlands.
“<But the kid’s just a naïve little twerp! There’s no good reason to get rid of a kid like that, you’ll only attract more attention!>”
“<The he’s a fool, yes, but he’s not a gullible fool. He knows far too much. Besides, why do the job myself when I can pay you to do it?>” The Wailmer pushed through his baleen-lined grin a soggy batch of 50,000 PokeYen. He spat it out at the Snorlax’s feet. The obese bear grinned.
“<You’re speaking my language, whale. How do you want me to get rid of him?>”
“<Just do what you to best, Tubbs. It never fails.>”
A wicked grin spread over Tubbs's face.

----------------

‘Sherlock’ Mudkip walked down the boulevard towards the outskirts of town, dragging along his soggy notebook of evidence. Mumbling and grumbling to himself he sat down by the side of the road, mulling over his ill fortune. He had searched Mauville from top to bottom and there was no Wailmer in sight! What a rotten day. How could you be the greatest detective that ever lived if you can’t even catch the bad guys!?

He noticed the sun setting in the sky. Nighttime was coming. This not only meant that it was time for him to go to bed, but also it was the time that the murderer was going to start making his killing rounds again. For the first time in over a week, the lungfish started to grow nervous. No, not just nervous. Genuinely frightened. He had been brashly searching for that killer Wailmer all day. Maybe with all of that attention he had drawn to himself and his cause, maybe the murderer would go after him tonight! No! Impossible! Bad guys don’t kill kids on TV… but he remembered what the Zangoose said to him on the night he was forced to play that creepy “Russian roullete” game that killed the Absol:

“In the real world, kid, I find that the unthinkable things that we don’t want to be possible truly are possible!”

He suddenly snapped out of his flashback as he saw the Spinda that appeared earlier in the Game Corner walking down the road.

“<Stop right there, y'hear me!?>” shouted Mudkip. Spinda turned around, and the lungfish noticed he looked a little different then when he last saw him. There was a different gaze in his eyes. Oh, well. It’s not like it was that important. They stared at each other for a while, both remaining in silence. At last, trying to break the awkward situation, the lungfish spoke up.

“<Hey, uh… have you seen that Wai—”> Mudkip suddenly remembered what happened to Spinda last time he said the killer’s name. “<Uh, I mean, the guy who ya’ think’s been killin’ ev’ryone?>”

“<It’s all right. You can say his name. Wailmer! Wailmer, Wailmer, Wailmer! I’m over it!>” Spinda began to resume his journey home, when Mudkip interrupted him again.

“<Hey!>”

Spinda turned around and gave him an impatient look.

It was a while before the lungfish asked him the question. He felt a little embarrassed, as great detectives shouldn’t be afraid like this. But tonight his fear was too much. “<…Could… Could'ja walk me home tonight? It’s getting kinda dark…>”
Spinda looked as if to say “no.” But his face suddenly softened. The spotted panda walked over to the young lungfish and put his hand on Mudkip’s shoulders.

“<Alright, kid. Where do you live?>”

--------------

The two held a long conversation as they traveled back to the Daycare.

“<So, ya’ think I have what it takes to be the greatest (*yaaaawwwwn!*) detective that ever lived?>”
“<That’s sort of a tall order, kiddo. A lot of people go though life without being the best at anything. Hey Mudkip, why you slowing down? Tired?>”
“<Uhh… Huh!? Me? Tired!? Never! The Magnificent Sherlock Mudkip never… (*yaaaawwwn!*) gets… tired on the job…>” The lungfish closed his eyes and started to nod off, dropping his notebook on the ground. The Spinda chucked to himself and scooped the sleepy starter up in his arms.
“<Actions speak louder than words, amateur.>”

Spinda failed to notice the notebook that had been behind. Or the young Ralts that had been secretly following them for the last half of a kilometer. Ralts had been meaning to confront the Mudkip detective for two hours, ever since he had accidentally drenched her copy—her library copy— of Murder on the Orient Express.

“That annoying kid owes me 30 PokeYen in library fines! Hope his parents give him a big allowance! I know mine is only ten Yen a week…”

She picked up his soggy notebook that was left on the ground, curious to see the thought process behind his madcap reasoning. The first several pages were junk, as they were mostly filled with notes of ludicrous “clues” and crude doodles depicting various fantasies of the Magnificent Sherlock Mudkip destroying various giant robots and ugly villains. But she suddenly found an interesting piece of writing halfway though the note book. She struggled to read it, as his handwriting was very sloppy.
“ ‘E…painting?’ No! ‘Panic! El leaf’-no!-‘elite wasps.’ (Hey wasn’t that the message given to us by the town oracle this morning?) ‘E… pawn?’ No! ‘E..pwna… is… a… Sceptile’—oh great Legends! He solved the puzzle!” Ralts nearly yelped aloud when she read his writings. She began to read more and more of his notebook, becoming more impressed as she read his evidence he had documented. For a stupid, annoying boy who was a whole two months younger than him, he sure had a clever breakthrough in solving this crime.

----
Spinda set down the lungfish, who seemed to be fast asleep, in a comfortable nest of grass beside the pond. The spotted panda spoke to him tenderly. “<Don’t worry kiddo. ‘Uncle’ Spinda will make sure the murderer won’t get you tonight. I’ll stay up all night to assassinate that—>”

“<Huh…?>” The lungfish stirred a little, not quite sure of what Spinda, his new friend, was talking about. Spinda, a little ashamed, started to backtrack and censor his speech. “<Um, I mean, throw the bad guy in jail for you.>” He took off the junior detective’s hat and put it on the fencepost for him to retrieve in the morning. “<Good night, ‘Sherlock.’ Maybe you will become a great dectective. …Maybe. (Oh, I’m going to murder that murdering Wailmer myself next time I see his sorry face!)>” As the Spinda turned around and headed home, plotting to himself, he noticed his surroundings grow unusually dark, even for this time of evening. Was it an eclipse? He looked to the sky and saw a gargantuan bear catapulting in mid-air… headed strait for the little Mudkip! He tried to scream and warn little lungfish of his impending doom, but it was too late. The Snorlax landed upon his victim. The “Magfificent Sherlock” Mudkip was no more.

Ralts teleported to the front of the daycare just in time to see the massacre. As she watched her peer being squished in his sleep, Ralts screamed harder than she had in her entire life. She screamed out of shock from the gruesome scene. She screamed out of fear as the Slam attack made shockwaves through the ground. She screamed out of despair as her chance to thank Mudkip and return his notebook was gone forever. She noticed Mudkip’s detective hat, which had flown from the fencepost from the ursanine disturbance, had had fallen in front of her. Left in shock and grief and on the verge of crying, she picked up the now-deceased Mudkip’s hat along with his notebook, and teleported home.

[OoC]
EDIT (I'm taking the liberty to break this rule now that the game's over.): You know, I could write up a solid ending for the whole story if you wanted, guys...

Last edited:

Zhanton

le quant-à-soi
Imo, the 150,000 steps refers to Wailmer's Egg, where you have to take 150,000 steps to hatch it. I may be wrong but that's what I think it is.
Thing is Wailmer's and Wailord's eggs need 10240 steps to hatch, or something.

Loved the ending to your story, Luxrayess :]

You don't know what a UserID is? And you thought I wasn't smart.
UserID, or UID for short is the Number we get when we register, Mine is 153172. Serebii's is 1.
Right, you could've just said that. Thing is, Epwna's is like 16000 or something.

FireTypeLover

Mr. Soul Stealer
I know I already did an ending to my story, but I hate it, and besides, Luxrayess' inspired my better one! At least I hope! (So basically, erase my last RPing post from your memory) And, of course, if it interferes with your better ending, Luxrayess, just ignore my post.
[IC]

Torkoal warily walked through the dark night. He did not want to be the next one to be murdered by the murderer. He had stayed up all night in the library hiding and trying to sleep, but he could not. The fear had kept him awake. He figured he would probably sleep better in his house, so he started walking there.

Come on, Torkoal, you know who the murderer is...and so does a bunch of other people...he'll die soon...but what if he isn't the right guy?While Torkoal was thinking that, he saw a giant Snorlax in the air. A giant Snorlax? Why would there be a giant Snorlax in the air? Then, he suddenly realized that there was a Mudkip under the Snorlax and a Spinda apparently trying to warn the Mudkip.

Torkoal's eyes widened. The Mudkip was going to get squished! The one who had encouraged everyone to lynch the Wailmer! And of course, it was right! Torkoal ran to the Mudkip as fast as he could, but he couldn't run that fast, and the Snorlax killed its target.

Torkoal stood there, barely noticing someone screaming and the shockwaves. Another Pokémon had been murdered by the vicious murderer...As Torkoal made up his mind of who to vote for to lynch, Epwna is a Sceptile, the evil Wailmer, courage and rage went through him and gave him a reason to kill that stupid Wailmer.

By the way, 124,474 is my User ID. Also, like Luxrayess says, since the game ended, I'll edit my post a bit.

Last edited:

Indragon

Back in the USSR
*cough* *Shafts cobwebs*

So, looks like Epwna was brought to justice after all. That's whatcha get for killin' me, you sneaky whale!

As for my CoG clue, it was referring to Wailmer on the Pokewalker. Riight. Wailmer happens to be a Pokewalker exclusive and the course which has Wailmer in it needs 150,000 steps to unlock so you can "catch" it. I thought something involving pacing around for an obscenely large number of steps would lead you guys to the Pokewalker, but I guess that was a bit too vague, so sorry ^_^; And I didn't have Watts in it since I was afraid that the clue would've been disallowed for being too obvious, eheheh.

*awaits IV*

Devastator2000

Are you high...?
*cough* *Shafts cobwebs*

So, looks like Epwna was brought to justice after all. That's whatcha get for killin' me, you sneaky whale!

As for my CoG clue, it was referring to Wailmer on the Pokewalker. Riight. Wailmer happens to be a Pokewalker exclusive and the course which has Wailmer in it needs 150,000 steps to unlock so you can "catch" it. I thought something involving pacing around for an obscenely large number of steps would lead you guys to the Pokewalker, but I guess that was a bit too vague, so sorry ^_^; And I didn't have Watts in it since I was afraid that the clue would've been disallowed for being too obvious, eheheh.

*awaits IV*

We Would've gotten it, or They would've gotten it, Infact it so obviously points to the pokewalker. Just that no-one knew the fact.

Zhanton

le quant-à-soi
@Indragon; Ahhh, that's what your clue meant! Ohhhh right! I thought it must've referred to egg steps in some way - but of course that's silly because 150000 steps for an egg makes no sense - or Wailord's size. I can't believe we didn't think of the pokewalker!

Mallymkun

A lady who's sure
*cough* *Shafts cobwebs*

*awaits IV*

*facepalm*

Why didn't we think of Pokewalker?! Steps, walking, Wailmer, argh! It wasn't actually a bad clue. In fact, it may be even a better clue than Corinton's if we just thought of the Pokewalker. Thanks for explaining!

Devastator2000

Are you high...?
Actually, Corinton's clue is best, as it Completley points to epawna.

E. Panic! Elite Wasps! = Epawna is a Sceptile.

150,000 steps to catch the killer = Unknown fact that no-one knew about.

Luxrayess

Sound(?) asleep...
150,000 steps to catch the killer = Unknown fact that no-one knew about.

Believe it or not, I actually did think about the Pokewalker when I thought about "steps". The problem was I was thinking about the steps it took to activate Pokemon to be caught on the Walker, not how many Watts it took to unlock the route to catch Wailmer. (Steps =/= Watts.)

In fact, Watts-to-unlock requirements didn't even cross my mind!

And so, I let that possibility slip under the radar again... Sad, I know.

Indragon's clue was a little misworded. Maybe if the clue said "150,000 unlocks the muderer" we might have gotten it, but who knows. *shrugs*