• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

READ! Server Issues this Weekend

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
In theory, yes, but things don't always work out that way lol. It's going to be expensive though so I may hold contempt towards the forums for a while :p

Noctourniquet

∆∆∆
Well, anything to improve the Forums is awesome, especially if you're putting some money into it. Thanks for all your efforts. Although, whatever yesterday's problem was seems to have been resolved now. I've had almost no lag today.

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
Thanks so much for trying to fix the lagging problem =D

Emerald 2006

Thanks, Serebii! Workin' hard to keep her running!

natie

Mr. F
You mean, if all goes well, the lag's supposed to be gone by the end of this (next) week? Awesome! I'd definitely start posting more :D

Yeti

Banned
Regarding forum numbers
I have yet to find a time for the past few months when smogon's forums have had less users on than SPPf or BMGf. Also smogon hardly ever lags. Also they have a much better Games section than SPPf had and a much stronger focus on competitive/VGC (which IS only slightly big you know....).
"js"
BMGf is the smallest of the three, probably because imo the rules and modding are not on par with SPPf/smogon.

It'll be good if the forums stop lagging, I know it's too hard for a lot of mods to do their jobs properly because modCP lags so badly most of the time or the forums just don't load.

Thanks for trying to solve this problem Serebii!!

Ethan

Banned
Yeah the lag is definitely an issue for mods. I know when I get spambot reports and the like, click, and see that little green bar start slowly loading I'm just like..."**** this someone else will get to it, I'm gonna go eat."

In the meantime, ricocheting, our server liason has seemed to have disabled the Who's Online feature. Now yes, I know, it's inconvenient, it's necessary to keep the forums alive while we sort this stuff out.

Ohh, so the list disapeared? I thought my PC got a 4th Virus this year

(Don't ask, I blame that tutorial vid on Youtube)

Eon Master

Born from the Flames
In the meantime, ricocheting, our server liason has seemed to have disabled the Who's Online feature. Now yes, I know, it's inconvenient, it's necessary to keep the forums alive while we sort this stuff out.

Which explains why I couldn't find the thing.

I never had any lag, mine came several days before this happened. Pages are loading as fast, if not faster. Though it does seem to be effecting the rest of the forum's regulars, a lot fewer posts are going through.

firestar319

The Marauder

Okay for a minute there I thought I caused that =/

Hopefully everything comes out right =D

harryheart

In theory, yes, but things don't always work out that way lol. It's going to be expensive though so I may hold contempt towards the forums for a while :p

May I ask what you mean by that. Not entirely sure what hold contempt means

W.T.

Donw with CIPHET!
Twice I posted under Games, but the posts simply vanished. It was almost as if they got lost in the fray. Could there have been a short Database Error that caused that to happen?