• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

*READ THE FIRST POST!!!* Characters You Dislike

Nebbygetinthebag

1. Cameron: one of the worst character ever made, so idiotic and annoying also his battle against Ash was the worst.
2. Tobias: His only purpose was to beat Ash and he has a Darkai and Latios which was bullshit.
3. Ritchie: Boring and hate how he defeated Ash in the league.
4. Ilima: I hate his Mr. Perfect attitudes and his fangirl where annoying definitely a poor man Gary.
5. Burgundy: I don't find her tantrums that funny and she was pretty forgetable.
6. Max: Hated his snarky attitudes.
7. Soledad: Another terrible character whose only purpose is to defeat May and was pretty bland.
8. Team Rocket (DP): they really overstay their welcome and was downright annoying.
Other characters I dislike are: Tierno, Kenny, Dawn's Piplup, Samson Oak, Nini, Misty's Togepi, Ash's Poipole and Tracy.

Last edited:

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
1. Lana: Annoying liar with the most undeserved Pokemon, topping Iris' Dragonite. Got far more focus than she needed, Mallow and Kiawe could have used some.
2. Kukui: Solely because people call him Ash's dad. That and he's a terrible excuse for a Professor, both anime and game.
3. Ilima: Hello mister perfect. Anime ruined him for me, I never had an opinion on the guy before his debut.
4. Alain: Still very much a flawless Gary Stu
5. Iris: Disrespectful towards Ash and just straight annoying. Plus the Dragonite she didn't work for.
6. J: If she's so powerful why does she need a crew....? Team bosses like Giovanni, Cyrus, and Lysandre have the excuse of having cover as Gym Leader/CEO. She doesn't. That's why I like Wario and not her. He did his stuff by himself and without being cruel to a poor Riolu and Meowth
7. Nene: lol Do I need to explain? Amelia should have been a rival, not her. Nene should have been a one-off like she originally was. All of Serena's rivals were too friendly, there wasn't a reason to bring in another.
8. Bonnie: Basically Max but without the realism. Max was cool because him and May acted like actual siblings, Bonnie and Clemont don't. Bonnie's gag outstayed it's welcome and it was just annoying to see her not learn her lesson when she almost lost Clemont.
9. Clemont: I just found him boring. All he wanted to do was be a better gym leader. So he basically did nothing after losing to Ash, that was it...
10. Lana's sisters: Annoying just like her. Kiawe's sister has a good personality, shame we barely see her....
11. Verin: He's one of those characters that should have stayed a one-off. How come cool characters like Giselle and AJ don't get to stay?
12. Sawyer: Caught up to Ash way too quickly and was 'forced' to be his equal. lmao Should have brought in Wally instead, he would have filled Sawyer's shoes and felt much more welcomed as some of us have been wanting to see Wally for over 10 years! I felt more invested in Ash and Tierno's rivalry than I did this one. Though I can't really judge Sawyer's being rushed seeing how they're daring to try and make Soph, Mallow, Lana, and Lillie Ash's equal. :rolleyes: I still don't like him though, they should have used Wally.

BTS_fan

Immortal Queen
My top three are May, Clemont, and Cilan. Reasons:

- May took over from Misty and although she was a good trainer, I didn't like Contests as much as most people did, so watching her take up one or two episodes for each Contest really pissed me off no lie. I also didn't think that May's personality was that great and some of her quirks rubbed me the wrong way.
- Clemont was mostly Bonnie's babysitter and he didn't get to do much other than battle Ash at the Lumiose Gym and get a few fillers. His inventor shtick got old fast too since it was hardly used as a serious motivator for him. His nerdy mannerisms bugged me too and he looked like he was wearing pyjamas.
- Cilan was a know-it-all who didn't improve in his quest as a connoisseur. His motivation for following Ash was extremely weak and his Crustle was a monster in mid-BW, which isn't a good thing since his wins didn't feel deserved. He was also really rude to Skyla and his dismissive attitude toward Burgundy was triggering.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
While Miette could be salvageable, why does the anime try to paint Nene as a rival? She was such a non-entity that her roles could be reduced to a CotD.

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
While Miette could be salvageable, why does the anime try to paint Nene as a rival? She was such a non-entity that her roles could be reduced to a CotD.
The producers/writers probably wanted the audience to care about a girl with a questionable physical appearence, just like Sophocles, and that the Showcases should welcome all kinds of girls?

And obviously, I dislike the character that appear in every episode the most, I just wanted to see someone else.

The only character that I really despise is Harley since he was every gay stereotype combined into one character. His hatred of May also bugged me since it was based on something superficial and he seemed like an obsessed hater with the way that he went to great lengths to tick her off. A few rivals like Trip and Barry also annoyed me, but not nearly as much as Harley.

Kintaro

Banned
The only character that I really despise is Harley since he was every gay stereotype combined into one character. His hatred of May also bugged me since it was based on something superficial and he seemed like an obsessed hater with the way that he went to great lengths to tick her off. A few rivals like Trip and Barry also annoyed me, but not nearly as much as Harley.

Harley was intended to be funny and hypocritical on purpose, that's why he was so funny. He's the most popular rival for a female companion in the series, and I liked how he later doubled as a villain by trying to work with Team Rocket to sabotage May's Contests, etc. But then later on you can tell he still had some budding admiration for May at the end, so it was very well done.

I never understood why people purposely get mad at characters who were intended to be antagonistic in the first place, we don't need all bland friendly rivals in the series. Usually all the friendly rivals are the ones people tend to forget about the most after a series end, or realize they don't really care for.

Last edited:

MockingJ

Banned
Serena for being pointless shipping fodder. Not that I didn't like her Showcases, it's just that her goal began too late and lasted for only a short time while her obsession with Ash was a saga-long gimmick that I wasn't happy about since it led nowhere. The only Pokegirl that I disliked more than Serena was May for her repeated use of Squirtle's Ice Beam and Bubble for Contest appeals. Yuck.

Kintaro

Banned
Serena for being pointless shipping fodder. Not that I didn't like her Showcases, it's just that her goal began too late and lasted for only a short time while her obsession with Ash was a saga-long gimmick that I wasn't happy about since it led nowhere.

They did as much as it that they could, at least given the nature of the series.

The only Pokegirl that I disliked more than Serena was May for her repeated use of Squirtle's Ice Beam and Bubble for Contest appeals. Yuck.

You mean like the grand total of 3-4 contests they were used for? How is it different than Piplup's constant bubble appeals, etc later? I also find it strange you're bringing up her Squirtle's appeals of all things to dislike a character, when it's such a minor part of her run.

MockingJ

Banned
They did as much as it that they could, at least given the nature of the series.

My point was that if they couldn't go all the way with her crush and make Serena into some kind of endgame plan for Ash's future wife, then they shouldn't have teased the damn ship in the first place.

You mean like the grand total of 3-4 contests they were used for? How is it different than Piplup's constant bubble appeals, etc later? I also find it strange you're bringing up her Squirtle's appeals of all things to dislike a character, when it's such a minor part of her run.

I never said that Dawn's appeals were any better, but nice straw man. My complaint about May's Squirtle was just the tip of the iceberg btw. I could easily bring up how she had Munchlax for almost a year prior to her actually doing a damn thing with it in Contests, or how she was given an OP Eevee from an egg that just so happened to know Shadow Ball and Dig. Or any other plot contrivance that she used to give the illusion that she was a strong Pokemon co-ordinator in the Battle Frontier saga.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
Ghetsis. I don't mean he's some kind of hate sink. I mean he is just awful. Instead of being the manipulative mastermind he was in BW or the raving but still competent enough to rebuild an organization madman in BW2, he is reduced to being an idiot. When Plan A failed, he didn't have a hasty escape route or a counter measure like a psychic pokemon(s) to do his bidding. He just stood there like an idiot. Colress was infinitely more effective as a main antagonist than him.

Ghetsis from USUM was infinitely more effective than this joker.

Kintaro

Banned
My point was that if they couldn't go all the way with her crush and make Serena into some kind of endgame plan for Ash's future wife, then they shouldn't have teased the damn ship in the first place.

True enough, but for those who liked it they ended it on a satisfactory way, since Ash's character goes on forever and can't get an ending while the female lead always leaves. When XY first started if anyone said it would end with Serena kissing Ash, people would have laughed and said that sounds like some shippers fanfiction and would never happen.

I never said that Dawn's appeals were any better, but nice straw man. My complaint about May's Squirtle was just the tip of the iceberg btw. I could easily bring up how she had Munchlax for almost a year prior to her actually doing a damn thing with it in Contests, or how she was given an OP Eevee from an egg that just so happened to know Shadow Ball and Dig. Or any other plot contrivance that she used to give the illusion that she was a strong Pokemon co-ordinator in the Battle Frontier saga.

Well Eevee was just a rushed pokemon and the writers clearly just had her get it for early foreshadowing for Glaceon, it was obviously not there for much else, she only had it for the last 30 eps of her run. Squirtle did get overused, but you have to remember back then they were advertising FR/LG along with Emerald, and we hadn't gotten too many ice type appeals yet. The way her Squirtle is treated is the same way all the mascot pokemon of the following girls would wind up handled, it was basically early foreshadowing for Piplup given it came a year later. They definitely needed to have her lose a few more contests, but May is the most battle oriented of the main girls and won most of them by KOing her opponent. It's funny because May felt like she would have been more suited to regular battling in Gyms than Contests, she was less a performer than Dawn and Serena.

BTS_fan

Immortal Queen

It's still my head canon that he liked May and that that's why he went as far as to copy her outfit. But he was a pretty cool guy once you got over his diva like behavior. He was a better rival for May than Drew at least.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I'm not really a fan of Lana; she comes off as bland to me and for some reason people think that she's a battler when it's clear that she's not. Tbh I find Lillie and Mallow to be more interesting.

BTS_fan

Immortal Queen
I'm not really a fan of Lana; she comes off as bland to me and for some reason people think that she's a battler when it's clear that she's not. Tbh I find Lillie and Mallow to be more interesting.

I don't like the fact that she tells lies just to impress her friends. It's a dumb gag that I think would suit a villain or rival more than one of the cast members.

EmberFireTrainer

An anomaly
Well, there are several for me:

Max - I don't know why but I thought Max was a bit annoying. I think it was his know - it - all attitude that I didn't like. I will say, despite this, I still thought it was sad in the movie, Jirachi: Wish Maker, when he had to bid farewell to jirachi after becoming best friends.

Bonnie - she was a little better than Max, but still annoying. Especially when she tried to find her older brother, Clemont, a wife. She was like the Brock of the XY series just with how excited she'd get when the gang met another girl, especially one suitable for her brother.

Paul - First off, I will admit, Paul was a great battler and rival, as well as an interesting character in general. I will say the one thing I did like about Paul is how serious he took battles. His methods of battling were obviously thought out carefully leaving no room for poor battle choices or carelessness. The way he treated his Pokémon, however, was a total turn off for me. His Pokémon, especially his chimchar, had so much potential and he didn't see that? Plus he always seemed to have a cold standoffish personality.

Butch and Cassidy - Okay, Cassidy was alright. I actually kind of like her, but Butch? No thanks. I don't know what it is with Butch. I just don't like him. I think it was his voice.

I will say the one thing I did like about Butch and Cassidy is that they were more competent than Jessie and James. It was Butch and Cassidy that came up with the more clever and creative schemes to steal Pokémon. Nonetheless, I still find Jessie, James, and Meowth to be far more likable and definitely more relatable.

Gary Oak (Kanto Gary specifically) - I have to add him on this list because he was the first character I originally didn't like whatsoever from the start (He's one of my favorite characters now). He's made a few sporadic appearances in the original series, and how he was in the original series, I'm actually glad he wasn't in nearly every episode like the Team Rocket trio has been. I don't know how much I could take of that! I found his arrogant personality and how he felt the need to insult Ash for being so far behind to be a bit annoying. He would brag about his accomplishments yet he still had so much to learn and accomplish himself as a Pokémon trainer. And don't get me started on his fan club that traveled with him during the first season! I always saw Gary as more talk than action especially so in the first season back in Kanto. His overconfidence and smug personality really got the best of him. It's a good thing he ended up learning the hard way that he had so much he needed to improve on as a Pokémon trainer.

He was considerably more likeable later on in Johto and that's where I like his character the best.

J.Agera

[Top-notch Сasual Dating Authentic Ladies]
I didn't particularly dislike any character.
Except ASH Ketchum from the Sun and Moon series.
Reason: All of his development was thrown out of the window and he changed into an entirely different and kinda generic character. (I know black and white had the same problem, but atleast his personality wasn't hampered.)
Maybe if the SM series was an official AU. This problem wouldn't exist.

MusicFan22

Serena: While she is a nice girl, she comes off as very boring and she doesn’t contribute as much as the other Pokegirls.

Paul: Simply because he is rude to almost everyone he comes across, has a horrible attitude, and abuses his Pokémon.

Shamus: He abandoned Tepig and bragged about it. He’s a horrible trainer.

Damien: He’s worse than Paul because he left Charmander to almost die in the rain and bragged about it to his friends.

Gary (before he was defeated by Ash): He was a rude, annoying asshole who always rubbed his superiority in Ash’s face.

Max: He comes off as an annoying younger sibling towards May, can be snarky towards his travel mates, and is an insufferable genius.

Cameron: He’s absent minded, irresponsible, and an idiot.

Georgia: She’s immature, childish, and a sore loser who constantly looks down on not only Iris, but everyone.

Burgundy: Same as Georgia. She also hates on Cilan so much because she’s jealous.

Ash’s Charizard (Before “Charizard Chills): It was a lazy, disobedient asshole of a Pokémon.

Iris’ Dragonite: Same as Ash’s Charizard.

Harley: A horrible stereotype of homosexuals. He’s also petty and childish for his grudge against a 10-year-old girl.

Dawn’s Piplup (sometimes): It’s bratty and an attention whore. It was a d*ck to Dawn’s Cyndaquil. It also steals food from the other Pokémon and starts a lot of fights.

Ash’s Oshawott (sometimes): I love his Oshawott, but sometimes it’s such a drama starting jerk. Stealing food from other Pokémon and starting fights. I enjoyed when Pignite would rage at this little asshole. Him and Dawn’s Piplup are two peas in a pod.

Last edited:

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Rowlet.
Finally broke me, I always disliked this thing because I do not like Rowlet as a species(I love Decidueye, but that's basically it for that line). But now I literally hate Ash's Rowlet. It's selfish and sleeps constantly without feeling remorse, Charizard at least had the excuse of not respecting Ash and wasn't just played for laughs, but Rowlet just constantly falls asleep when Ash needs him and it does nothing but piss me off.
This is the first time ever I've genuinely hoped Ash releases something, I've always loved Ash's Pokemon, everybody from Charizard to Kingler, most of them were Pokemon I didn't even like at first, but Rowlet is the first to ever be outright hated. I only bash on Talonflame for hogging gyms, but I don't hate it.... I love Pikachu and I complain about him doing the same damn thing!
Doesn't help I am STILL salty about the first regional bird I've actually liked since Staraptor getting passed over.... I hope Rowlet stays with his flock, I never want to see him again