• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

*READ THE FIRST POST!!!* Characters You Dislike

Goh has a lot of potential as a trainer, and a good personality, But the way the writers are approaching their end goal is sincerely regrettable. I would have opted for a butterfly effect.

You have Raboot. You train him, you use him to catch a powerful Crabominable Found in Mount Lanakila. You train that Crabomibale a bit, then you go to Sinnoh to look for a garchomp in the mountains.

You are the Pokémon GO protagonist, so you keep catching some weak Pokémon, But at the same time you train that Garchomp, taking advantage of the fact that literally a champion from an entire region trains extraordinary Pokémon like Lucario or Dragonite, You can train with him.

You already have a very strong Garchomp (can train off screen), Now you can go for that Zapdos. It is not so difficult...

Last edited:

divinepokemonXZ

ALL HAIL THE GORILLA-FROG!
Misty: I dislike the tsundere archetype because they come across as abusive sometimes. She became more likeable when Togepi appeared on the scene, but before that, she seemed narcissistic and it was played for laughs at the time.

Last edited:

DatsRight

Harley : He's too childish, stalking, and so stupid, I can't believe he made that attempt at humiliation in his first vs may contest...
I feel like Harley might have worked if they had treated him as expected from a petty weirdo who obsesses over bullying a ten year old, like Team Rocket do, but Harley rarely got a proper comeuppance besides not getting what he wanted and walking away in a sulk (I don't think judges even gave him a slap on the wrist for bullying competitors, at least Guzma got warned when he was being a jerk even if he was technically playing by the rules onstage). They also actually treated Harley as way more menacing than TR (maybe one reason I think the trio were at their lowest in AG, like they're meant to be pathetic but making them a punching bag to even low tier jerks like HIM felt like an insult). Without the satisfaction of being humiliated or crapped on for being such an obsessively nasty piece of work, Harley just felt like a catty camp gay cliche dumbed down for a family friendly show.

Also when Harley left, Jesse was allowed to actually win contests and take over as the comedic antagonist rival, which I found way more fun.

Last edited:

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
So... Do you dislike Harley or not?

DatsRight

So... Do you dislike Harley or not?
Probably dislike. Not big on villains/jerks who don't get their comeuppance (at least not without meaningful story reason). Also found his character annoying (though maybe because I only watched the English dub version which obviously amplifies that) and as mentioned TR ending up lower on the chain than even HIM started to lean them on more depressing level of butt monkeys.

Harley reminds me of one of those gay stereotypes in Family Guy or American Dad, only they obviously can't do many adult or innuendo jokes so he just feels more annoying than funny.

Krackochu

I don't have any strong feelings towards Koharu. Her arc so far is just the generic oh I don't like pokemon and then later it's gonna be oh pokemon is great I love it. It's my passion.

As for a some pokemon I dislike I always had a relative dislike towards greninja's personality shift in xyz. As a froakie and frogadier I enjoyed it but greninja as greninja just never sat right with me. After the whole ash greninja fiasco I believe I would've liked greninja more if he showed more fun moments. Like him messing around pokemon can still do that. But that's mainly a problem with all of Ash's fully evolved.
I also disliked pidgoet but I blame that on the writers not doing anything with it.
Also nebby in the anime was terrible I believe it should've had more build up.

Ash’s Rowlet. It’s sleeping gag is annoying and I don’t like how it was a plot device used to beat Hau. I like the Rowlet species though.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
8 episodes dedicated to the league management with tons of cronyism and corruption which the champions, mostly Lance, need to investigate. It'll be a nice detective drama.

Jers745

I dont know :p
Meh i dont think theres one, at first i hated iris but after binge watching some BW chapters as a kid she grew on me, now while i do find go sometimes irritating at the very end i like the episodes with focus on him (or his personality more than anything else)

xEryChan

Demon Child
I only really have two.

Max. He was a huge pain, even before we got to the battle between Ash and Norman but it was that battle that made me despise Max. You woulf think that being the son of a gym leader, he would understand that there will be battles Norman will not win. That was one of the few times where I have gotten angry watching Pokemon.

Serena. I know this might trigger some people but oh well. I have never liked Serena. Her whole reason to start her journey to meet Ash again was interesting at first but after that, she was just there. She didn’t do much of anything. It took her far too long to get a goal, much less catch her first Pokemon. I never was a fan of showcases either, it felt like a cheap imitations of contests but without battles.

PokemonBattleFanatic-

Hardcore Paul Fan
Paul. I can't stand him. He's a completely dislikeable jerkwad who acts ridiculously robotic for age 10 or 11, with no reason to be so (if he had an interesting reason behind his behavior, I'd have liked him, but nope, it's a lame-as-hell issue with his brother; if that's seriously what causes him to act like he does, then he's a freaking sociopath, plain and simple). I hate how he always wins and gets away with his crap, how his jerkassery is viewed in-show as "merely different, but still effective, training methods", that his and Ash's rivalry is based on this and plays out the same way over and over again, and (worst of all) I hate how his fanbase overrates him.

And really, he's just plain not fun or interesting as a character. He's a tool and nothing more.

* PAUL: Unlike what most people think, there is nothing cool, "badass" or likeable about this obnoxious prick who treats Pokemon like tools. He's nothing but a two-bit bully, nothing more.

Okay, on a scale from 1 to 10 (10 being most hated), my least favorite characters are:

Ref in the Ash v. Ritchie match: 3
Samurai from OS004: 7
Paul: 15

You're probably underestimating my hatred of Paul. He is not only 2.14x as hated as the Samurai.

The scale is logartihmic with respect to 1000. That means that 2 is 1000x more hated than 1, 3 is 1000x more than 2 and therefore 1000000x as much as 1
Most Disliked Characters
Iris: A hypocrite and has the most annoying catchphrase in the entire series
Dawn's Piplup : A complete drama queen

Krackochu

Ok ok look it's not that I hate Chloe it's just that she feels like the most stale pokegirl out of all of them.

It doesn't help that she got a Eevee who's leagues more interesting than her.

Never have I felt more apathetic to a character in the anime than Chloe. Because it feels like we already know where she's gonna go and why she's gonna do it.

Applecorp

Ok ok look it's not that I hate Chloe it's just that she feels like the most stale pokegirl out of all of them.

It doesn't help that she got a Eevee who's leagues more interesting than her.

Never have I felt more apathetic to a character in the anime than Chloe. Because it feels like we already know where she's gonna go and why she's gonna do it.
Should she even count as a pokegirl when she's not a permanent member of the cast? It's Ash and Goh who make up the cast and Chloe's a random tag along character when the writing staff feel like it.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I don't hate her too. I used to be neutral and now, I just find her a bit boring since most of the things she does nowadays is babysit her Eevee

SM Ash. He acts childish and is used as a butt monkey most of the time, but the biggest thing is the ART STYLE. How can I like him when we literally came after the most mature art style and hottest art style for Ash. It’s a complete 180, and I hate changes, which is why I hate SM Ash so much, and him winning the league made me hate him more.

Just completely ruins Ash for me.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
SM Ash. He acts childish and is used as a butt monkey most of the time, but the biggest thing is the ART STYLE. How can I like him when we literally came after the most mature art style and hottest art style for Ash. It’s a complete 180, and I hate changes, which is why I hate SM Ash so much, and him winning the league made me hate him more.

Just completely ruins Ash for me.
THIS.
And also the ew Professor Kuku because hes inappropriate and the SM kids for being boring with bad design with goals like making a bubble. I even prefer Goh over them