• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

*READ THE FIRST POST!!!* Characters You Dislike

~Upsidedown 403~

I kinda liked Ash in earlier series...and his advancements made him a better of a pill to swallow...but ever since BW, it seems like he goes through all this development for it to be dumped at the end of the series, so I'm indifferent to him...

I was never really fond of May either...she was just kind of 'there' for me...She had some interesting quirks about her like "May's expeditions" and whatnot...but I merely tolerated her...

I hated max...he was just some whiny, know-it-all brat who should've gotten a beating...I just couldn't stand his arrogant attitude...

Tracey wasn't around long enough to develop any significant feeling towards him...he was made for all the wrong reasons...a shame...they never really got to go much of anywhere with the pokemon watcher thing...

Dawn was just like...boring...prissy girly girl, so obsessed with her appearance, hair, etc...She got great screentime and development, but I couldn't really relate to her...I mean, yeah she had struggles and overcame them but her storyline was kinda boring to watch...She had very few clashing moments with Ash, not much interaction with Brock, and then she got all super nice with ash, and they would always praise each other for doing a good job teaching the other something new...And then they trained like in EVERY episode and it just boiled down to "Good job friend, you're amazing!"

Cilan is OK, refreshing change of pace from Brock...but I feel like the writers are overexaggerating him to make him relevant in each episode...whatever talent the episode calls for, they just slap on "Expert Connoisseur" on the end so that Cilan can fit and do something instead of nothing...It's kinda getting to be a bit too much as it takes away from what Cilan could be doing to further his progress in his goal or learning from Ash.

Melsurigan

Iron Fist of Despair
Gotta say, out of all of the characters, Piplup is my least favorite. He was a attempted re-take on the whole Pikachu idea, but doesn't work nearly as well. There's a certain charm to seeing the little penguin get his butt kicked whenever possible, because his pride simply outweighs what little charm he has. Plus, his dub voice was painful to hear, one of the reasons I avoided much of the Sinnoh saga in the first place.

I don't know what the writers were thinking, but Empoleon is NOT "ugly", which was their confessed reason for him not evolving.

JetshipperKekkaishi

High School DxD Fanatic
The character I disliked the most is Trip. With him being kind of a copy version of Paul and bashing Kanto really annoyed me. And it feels like he isn't rivals with Ash. Kenny is another one I didn't like. He didn't feel like a rival. And Harley and Conway just scare me to death with the weirdness and stalker-like mood. I never liked Max either. He was too whiny and thinks that he knows everything.

xEryChan

Demon Child
Mine would have to be Max and Dawn's Piplup.

I wouldn't say I hated Max but honestly, he was pretty useless character and I honestly don't think they should have had him travel with Ash, May, and Brock. All he did was whine like a baby and complain about every little thing. He really drove me nuts.

Dawn's Piplup too. Hikari's Pochama didn't bother me but Dawn's Piplup just drove me insane, especially with that highly obnixious voice it had.

I also don't really like Trip, Conway, and Tobias but Max and Piplup were the two characters I just honestly didn't like.

Dunning

God's Soldier
I have to say my least favorite is Cilan. I just dont like watching him describe how the battle it going and in all honesty I am not a big fan of his hair either. I probably just dont like him because I just miss Brock and the the old episodes

Xhilla

Ash's Bulbasaur. His refusal to evolve is the major factor i don't like him.

My least favorite person in the pokemon animation would have to be Paul he is just annoying and really bad.He get's in my nerves when he's on screen trying to get in Ash's bussniss all the time like when he said "why did you enter the Wallece cup" to Ash that was prove that he is the most annoyng person in pokemon!

Spacialrend

Gallade owns
Burgandy. She is - to put it simply - annoying.

NimhShambler

Some Broke Machine
I don't like Iris. She strikes me as being a tad snotty. For instance, in "Nyagotiaor Nyarth", when Meowth is just trying to help, she has to kick him down by saying: "Don't your plans always fail?"

Way to look a gift-horse in the mouth. He puts out to you, and you dump on him.

I hated Ash's Charizard, I know he's a Pokémon and not a Person but he was such a tool, ever since he evolved from Charmander into Charmeleon he got an attitude and thought he was surperior to everyone bar Magmar and other fire-types. what a tool.

Seems like he could be grateful to Ash for saving him after his previous master abandoned him. Aside from a few exceptions, Ash is a fine trainer and any pokemon would be lucky to have him as their Master.

Last edited:

Sushi

unspecified
Staff member
Super Mod
There have been several posts again which contain little, insufficient or no explanation at all. I left the borderline ones in for now, but please remember to always state reasons (without bashing) for your choice. Thanks! =)

croagunk22

HATE
i've always found dawn annoying - simply because i didnt like contests to begin with so i didnt need another coordinator also i didnt like her team.
also i despise cilan because i can not stand his constant evaluations and comparing everything to a food also that he's a connesiur everything

LOVE
brock he was interesting until dp he wasnt funny but i enjoyed his knowledge and his pokemon
also i really liked may minus her contest because of her fun personality and because the ag group worked well with her.

☭Secret_Shocker☭

Ash ketchum, he really could be quite annoying at times because of him being an idiot, and which is why I like TR better than him.

Team Rocket: Do they really have to appear EVERY SINGLE EPISODE? (also, they have pretty dumb rhymes)
Piplup: Selfish, arrogant, ...
Burguny: Arrogant, annoying, ...
Ash: Sometimes he's really a dumbass.

I don't like Iris. She strikes me as being a tad snotty. For instance, in "Nyagotiaor Nyarth", when Meowth is just trying to help, she has to kick him down by saying: "Don't your plans always fail?"

Way to look a gift-horse in the mouth. He puts out to you, and you dump on him.

I agree with what this user said about Iris. And she talks WAY too much when Ash is doing his gym battles. So he used Oshawott instead of Pidove. What's so bad about that?

I dislike Bianca as well. Not only is she retarded, she's starting to get disturbing as well.

RWB

Dragon busted by Her
Being a jerk to someone who spent her whole debut episode insulting and belittling you,

Deservingly. Not to mention how Iris was hardly not-jerkish in that episode, either.

not to mention wolfing down your own breakfast, is only natural, I'd say.

Iris reaction to this was negligible, it was more jerkish towards Ash(who really cares about food), and Cilan(insulting a master chef's cooking).

And sorry, but I think Ursula was a lot nicer - and that's saying a lot, at least Ursula admitted when she was beaten.[/spoil]

And when has Georgia failed to do so?

Vs Iris: Won all three fights(though the one was weirdly called a draw).
Vs Ash: Admitted defeat, but blamed it on the field- and again, she was correct in that.

Iris on the other hand was undeservingly arrogant in the Don Battles:
"You really think you can beat me?"- She's done so THRICE, Iris.

Also, Georgia is yet to pull any stunt that equals the jerkishness of actual identity theft, especially for use in a documentary. Iris is magnitudes bigger a jerk than Georgia or even Burgundy(who absolutely clobbers Georgia in the jerk department as well).

It's pretty dang sad that Georgia is the more sympathetic of the rivals when they meet.

Last edited:

UnbelievableUrsula

Cute and Creepy!
I was never to fond of Brock. Since we couldn't see his eyes, I felt that the writers replacing him might have been better but then I got used to him. But he needed to do alittle more that's all.

Faker500

Trolls aren't funny!
Please don't hate me but Gary was never my favorite. He was always yapping about him being better than Ash and yet we barely saw him. He had way too many Pokemon and he was always so far ahead. Atleast with the later rivals, Ash got caught up once in a while so that there was some development in his part. And I never got what the whole girl thing was and why the girls never showed up anymore after Kanto.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
Why haven't I noticed this thread before?

Anyway, I don't like Misty. And I'll explain why.

-I didn't like that when the writers chose her that since she had red hair(which was really orange) that she had to be loud and mean unlike with the other girls.
-I didn't like how just like with Iris that she just stood there for episodes at a time unless it was an extreme emergency. If there was no Team Rocket there, would she have even used her pokemon?
-Now for the Princess festival thing, if only they had told her to used all of her own Pokemon, I would have been happier.
-When Togepi came, it's like she was motionless from then on. I knew it was a baby but I felt that she did less with it then before.
-When OS came, she was brought attention but not the right kind. That was when they should have let her and her alone do a water competition.
-Then in Johto, she didn't do anything until the Whirl islands beating Ash who had battled more than her, yet for some reason her strength was unknown.
-And lastly, When she had her camoe in AG and her chronicals, they should have found a closure to end her story completely without bringing her back due to Ash or the fact they were in the same region.

Next off is Tracey. I don't wanna say that I dislike him but I felt that he should have ben given more attention since he was new and Ash and Misty weren't. But I felt he was in the background alot doing nothing. And then in the movie, he wasn't even there due to that stupid girl on girl plot and the legendaries. The writers needed to do more for him.
I get why he has to pop up now and then because he works with Professor Oak and that is supposed to be one of his dreams but give the guy more to do.