1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

READ these SIMPLE RULES

Discussion in 'Rate My Deck' started by Fox, Nov 18, 2005.

1. Fox

Fox Where's my fanfare?

I'll update this sometime in the future, but here's a general outline:

1) Provide constructive criticism and offer help to a deck. (haven't seen this as much of a problem)

2) Explain what sort of deck it is either in the title or first few lines of the post. (again, not much of a problem)

3) Don't do anything to just push your deck down (prevent peeking to see what its about when you hover over the thread title.)

4) Do state what format your deck is. (Yu-Gi-Oh!: Advanced vs Traditional, Magic: Type 1 vs Type 2, etc.)

***To make sure everyone here reads the rules, any thread not following any of the above will be closed on the spot.

Count-down to section-wide clean-up:

(countdown started at 7)

Last edited: Jan 4, 2006
  2. Fox

Fox Where's my fanfare?

hmm, Just to let you guys know, any new thread posted after this post, must tell what format your decks are, IN THE TITLE. For Yu-Gi-Oh!, that'd mean Advanced or Traditional. If they do not comply, they will be closed.

All you need to do is put (Adv.) or (Trad.) in the title, at the very least. Actually, it can even be down to T or A just make the T or A stand out with something like -T- =A= +T+ ~A~ [T] {A} ~=+=~{}-<T>-{}~=+=~ etc :p

Last edited: Dec 24, 2005
  3. Fox

Fox Where's my fanfare?

I'm personally getting a little frustrated from people either not reading rules or disregarding them after reading them. If you don't understand anything in them, then ask.

I like testing people's listening skills and such. For the remainder of 2005, if 7 (I'd make it three, but I feel I'm making this more than reasonable) threads in this section breaks rule number 4;
    4) Do state what format your deck is. (Yu-Gi-Oh!: Advanced vs Traditional, Magic: Type 1 vs Type 2, etc.) [this one will be moderately enforced]; which was also requoted in the previous post, I WILL ban those 7 plus users and wipe this forum and closely moderate this forum like I've never moderated before...

Oh, by the way, I may overturn this if enough people protest lol....

Last edited: Dec 24, 2005
  4. Fox

Fox Where's my fanfare?

I suppose with every thread I see, I'll post here. I cannot stress the importance of reading the rules of a section, and of this forum as a whole. It may take a few minutes to read through them, or longer, but it will save you the trouble of getting a warning and/or taking a few days away from the forum for being banned.

countdown is at 6. READ ALL POSTS IN THIS THREAD :<

Last edited: Dec 26, 2005
  5. Fox

Fox Where's my fanfare?

Alright, I suppose a few of you think that what I'm doing is unreasonable, and I agree that it is unreasonable. However, is asking people to read and follow a few simple rules unreasonable?

Disregarding them because you think its stupid, or not even reading them is bad enough. If you have any discrepancy with them, talk about it. Notice that this thread isn't closed?

Rules are to be followed, rule breakers to be punished. If you feel that a rule on its own is wrong, then please say so, if not, follow them and don't complain when you get banned or something, especially when you had the chance to talk about it before hand.

I'm in a good mood right now so I'll count those two threads by one person as one point.

Countdown at 5.

6. Raito

Raito HADOUKEN!

I understand why my rat toolbox deck didn't comply with the rules but, what was wrong with My CC Aggro Toolbox?
    I noted everything that was required in the title and took the constructive criticism.
    I'm just curious about this issue.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2005
  7. The Requiem

The Requiem Wanna?Slash

Im just guessing, but I think yours just got locked.

The same person kicked back the countdown twice, and the blockhead HAS to know it's his fault, because I noted that he didnt do the right thing the first time. This section wipe is borderline inevitable...*sigh*

8. Fox

Fox Where's my fanfare?

Its only been locked, and I have no idea why. Apparently, it was done by me, and the IP matched my computer, so I must've done something on mistake. Only the time seems peculiar. I've reopened it, so it should be fine. I apologize for the inconvenience

Edit: I've also noted the threads that knock the countdown with an * at the beginning of the post.

9. The Requiem

The Requiem Wanna?Slash

Yep. I was right. At least he didnt do it a third time...-_-..

10. Fox

Fox Where's my fanfare?

As I said before, his threads were actually counted as one. Its amazing at how many people don't read the rules. The countdown is now at 4.

11. The Requiem

The Requiem Wanna?Slash

And apparently 2 more offenders have been snagged...T_T...I said it before, this is inevitable. People think reading rules is a waste of time..

12. Phaedra

Phaedra IS THAT PAM GRIER??

Aw, crap.

(jumps off a cliff)

13. Phaeton

Phaeton Lit

Well, I've been posting decks with "Adv." before the title, and giving it a short description (not to mention being friendly :p). So I hope there's nothing wrong with my deck ideas ^_^

14. Fox

Fox Where's my fanfare?

You know, I really expected to not have to go through with this lol...

Never realized so many people choose not to read the rules. However, you guys now know a little bit of what its like to be a moderator here, having to deal with posts that don't follow simple rules. I noticed you guys started to scramble and tell people about the rule and stuff, which is admirable.

For some reason I had the image of the following card in my head, along with the song that shares the same name...

Last edited: Dec 29, 2005
  15. Haruka's Swimsuit

Haruka's Swimsuit Bomberhead 18-kin!

Fox, I was thinking of starting a thread on this board, but I'm not sure which format to mark it as.
    What would you mark a non-tournament deck that follows the Advanced banlist as?

16. Raito

Raito HADOUKEN!

Advanced.

10CharLimit

17. The Requiem

The Requiem Wanna?Slash

Tag (YGO ADV.) after whatever you decide to name it.

18. Skrusti

Skrusti Well-Known Member

You did? o0 You have too much faith in humanity Fox. I don't come here often enough to rate/fix/barely even to post in threads I take interest in, but it is admirable they post tell them to change it.

Indeed...

The final countdown
    Ooh oh
    I'ts the final countdown
    The final countdown
    The final countdown (the final countdown)
    Ooh
    It's the final countdown
    We are leaving together
    The final countdown​

Unless that guy who posted a Dark Magician deck (The use is named Dark Magician :eek:) changes the title of his thread, prepare for forum wipe ya'll :eek:

19. klducks

klducks Constipation= Fetish

I'm just wondering... do we have to do the same with the Magic RMDs?

T1, T2, Casual, etc... We could just put it inside the thread.

Whats more helpful is the color. T1 or T2 or Casual doesn't really help browsing IMO

Last edited: Dec 31, 2005
  20. Raito

Raito HADOUKEN!

klducks, it doesn't matter now, we're dead...